Ultra Natural Prostate with 5-Loxin & Standardized Lignans by Life Extension
Life Extension Ultra Natural Prostate with 5-Loxin and Standardized Lignans
Life Extension Ultra Natural Prostate with 5-Loxin and Standardized Lignans provides support for a healthy prostate. The prostate gland is located just below the urinary bladder. The base or top of the prostate is intimately connected to the urinary bladder sphincter, or valve. The urethra, or channel for voiding of urine, passes through the center of the prostate. The apex or lower end of the prostate is connected to the penis.
The prostate of a baby boy is about the size of a pea. By age 21-30, the normal male will have a prostate gland that weighs 20 plus or minus 6 grams, which remains constant unless benign prostatic hypertrophy begins. Nearly 60% of men between the ages of 40 and 59 already suffer from an enlarging prostate, and at 80 years of age, approximately 80% of men will have an enlarged prostate gland. A huge percentage of men over age 50 suffer from prostate-induced discomforts. The Ultra Natural Prostate Formula contains the most scientifically substantiated nutrients to help protect the prostate gland and maintain its healthy function.
Recently added to the formulas are standardized lignans from flax and the Norway spruce trees. These lignans convert to enterolactones in the intestine that are then absorbed into the bloodstream where they provide significant biological effects. Enterolactones have demonstrated anti-estrogen and anti-DHT effects that are of particular importance for the aging prostate gland.
The eight other active ingredients in Ultra Natural Prostate Formula are:
- 5-LOXIN boswellia extract. Published studies show that normal aging and poor diet cause levels of a dangerous enzyme (5-lipoxygenase) to increase, which can affect prostate cells. 5-LOXIN is a patented extract from the boswellia plant that has been shown to suppress 5-lipoxygenase and other pro-inflammatory factors.
- Nettle root extract (Urtica dioica). In aging men, too much testosterone is converted to estrogen. Prostate cells are sensitive to estrogen’s growth stimulatory effects. Nettle root helps protect prostate cells against the excess estrogen levels.
- Saw palmetto extract. A number of normal biological events in aging men affect prostate function and structure. Saw palmetto has been shown to interfere with DHT activity in the prostate, inhibit alpha-adrenergic receptor activity (to support normal urinary flow) and help control inflammatory actions in the prostate gland.
- Pygeum. Normal aging results in levels of certain prostaglandins increasing in the prostate gland. Pygeum africanum extract helps suppress these prostaglandins, keeping the prostate gland placid and promoting prostate comfort.
- Beta-sitosterol. The most biologically active constituent of pygeum is beta-sitosterol. It is more cost effective to obtain beta-sitosterol from other plant sources for inclusion in a prostate support formula.
- Cernitin. This European pollen extract has been shown to relax smooth muscle tone of the urethra, counteract DHT, and help regulate inflammatory reactions.
- Boron. This mineral helps protect bones, and has been shown to slow elevation of PSA, most probably by protecting against protein-degrading enzymes in the prostate gland.
- Lycopene. This carotenoid most commonly associated with tomato sauce helps maintain healthy DNA gene function in prostate cells.
Life Extension is a global authority on nutrition, health and wellness as well as a provider of scientific information on anti-aging supplements and therapies. Life Extension supplies only the highest quality nutritional supplements, including minerals, vitamins, herbs and hormones.
Take two softgels daily divided between morning and evening, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not exceed recommended dose.
If you have a bad reaction to the product discontinue use immediately.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Serving Size 2 softgels
Servings Per Container 30
Amount Per Serving
Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) (berries) CO2 extract 320 mg
[std to 85%-95% free fatty acids and sterols (272 mg)]
Cernitin™ Flower Pollen extract (Secale cereale L.) 252 mg
5-LOXIN™ (Boswellia serrata) extract (gum resin) [std. to 70 mg
acetyl-11-keto-ß-boswellic acid (AKBA) minimum 30% (21 mg)]
Pumpkin Seed Oil (cucurbita pepo) extract [(standardized to 85%) total fatty acids 170mg.] 200mg.
Stinging nettle extract (Urtica dioica) (root) 240 mg
Pygeum (Pygeum africanum) extract (bark) 100 mg
[std. to 11.7% sterols as beta-sitosterol (11.7 mg)]
Lycopene (from tomato extract) 10 mg
Phytosterol Complex [std. to 59% free total sterols 678 mg (400 mg) and 26.6% free beta-sitosterol (180 mg)]
Proprietary Enterolactone Precursors Blend 20.15 mg
HMRlignan™ Norway spruce (Picea abies) lignan extract (knot wood) [std. to 90% Hydroxymatairesinol potassium acetate complex]; ActiFlax™ Flax Lignan (Linum Usitatissimum L.) extract (seed) [std. to 40% Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside]
Boron (from boron citrate, glycinate, and aspartate) 3 mg
Other ingredients: gelatin, glycerine, pumpkin seed oil, water, lecithin, beeswax.
Contains soybeans. This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, or rice. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
About Life Extension
Life Extension was officially incorporated in 1980, but the founders have been involved in anti-aging research since the 1960's. Their long-range goal is to extend the healthy human lifespan. Life Extension supply only the highest quality nutritional supplements, including minerals, vitamins, herbs and hormones.
1100 W Commercial Blvd
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
My friend's husband uses this and feels that this is the best. He used to sell pharmaceuticals and researches products well before buying. This is his choice, and he's glad you have it!