ISS Research - OhYeah Good Grab Protein Bar Vanilla Toffee Fudge - 1.59 oz. (45g)
The Oh Yeah! Good Grab bar is just like the original, only smaller. It's not a less powerful, so-called "lite" version, but rather a smaller, portion-controlled version modeled after the original trusted recipe. The OhYeah! Good Grab bar combines maximum indulgent taste with pure hunger satisfaction. At just 190 calories, 15 grams of premium protein and only 4-5 grams of sugar, OhYeah! Good Grab is just the right size for calorie-conscious consumers. Simply put, it’s smarter snacking made simple.
OhYeah! Bars--Packed With Premium Protein For The Athlete In All Of Us
One of the primary functions for adding healthy snacks to your eating plan is to allow you to take full advantage of the numerous fitness benefits associated with increased meal frequency. In fact, leading sports nutritionists were the first to expose the false belief that eating just three "square meals" per day can support optimal performance. Today we now know that eating more often, up to five or six meals per day, provides a wide range of benefits that help active individuals reach even higher fitness levels. Frequent eating revs up the metabolism due to food's "thermic" effect and helps maintain peak energy levels by aiding blood-sugar balance which in turn promotes improved body composition . Further, by ingesting protein at each meal you can take full advantage of the metabolism-boosting effect of food (since protein intake burns the most calories) and provides your muscle cells with a constant supply of amino acids.
Given that ISS's primary goal was to create a truly healthy snack it's not by chance that at the core of the OhYeah! bar is a premium blend of functional protein. The OhYeah! premium protein complex contains three extremely functional and diverse ingredients:
- Cross-Flow Micro-Filtered Whey Isolate supplies the highest levels of di-, tri-, and oligo-whey peptides, including over 10% immunoglobulins (vital antibodies which support a balanced, healthy immune response).
- Milk Protein Isolates and Concentrates contain the natural balance of whey and casein that nature intended and offer excellent digestibility and uptake into working muscle cells.
- Casein protein offers a "time-released" effect and in several studies has proven to maximize absorption efficiency, and protein synthesis. High quality casein behaves like tissue protein (chicken, beef, etc.) because it congeals in the stomach and the breakdown process elicits a time-release effect on protein synthesis.
Introducing Oh Yeah! Good Grab!
- The Good Grab symbol is an easy way to quickly identify OhYeah! nutritional products made from healthy ingredients that offer premium taste and hunger satisfaction, yet are reduced in calories, lower in fat, saturated fat, sodium or sugar.
- OhYeah! products with the Good Grab logo are not watered-down "lite" versions of our regular OhYeah! products. Instead what you get is simple: a smaller serving of the original trusted recipe. The result is maximum taste and hunger satisfaction in just the "right size" for calorie conscious consumers.
- Unlike other calorie controlled snacks, OhYeah! Good Grab products are engineered to deliver high levels of protein with less calories. For example, the OhYeah! Good Grab 45-gram bar contains 15 grams of quality protein-a full one-third of its weight.
- At the core of every Good Grab product is a premium blend of functional protein for maximum performance and health benefits. In fact, OhYeah! Good Grab 45-gram bar contains a premium protein complex, which includes Whey Protein Isolates, Milk Protein Isolates/Concentrates and Casein, which offers excellent digestibility, muscle protein synthesis and helps support a balanced and healthy immune response.
- As the company behind the Good Grab logo, we hope our commitment to you, our consumer, is plain to see. We realize you have many choices when it comes to purchasing products to improve your health and fitness, and want to earn your trust. Just like you we believe pursuing better health and fitness is "serious business"-as long as the road to victory is sweet.
As the company behind OhYeah! ISS hopes their commitment to you, the consumers, is plain to see. They realize you have many choices when it comes to purchasing products to improve your health and fitness, and want to earn your trust. Just like you ISS believes pursuing better health and fitness is "serious business" - as long as the road to victory is sweet.
The 5 Rules of Protein Economics
There have been many sports nutrition advancements in the last several years, but none of them has made more of an impact on helping successful bodybuilders, elite athletes and fitness enthusiasts achieve leaner and more muscular bodies than the quality and availability of protein supplements. In fact, if you're serious about getting results, protein intake is such an important part of an athlete's nutrition program that it should be on top of your supplement list. Now, this isn't exactly "cutting edge" news, especially if you're an experienced athlete; however, at ISS, they're constantly looking for ways to improve tried-and-true nutritional products, as well as techniques they know will bring their consumers the best results. Since ISS gets tons of questions about protein, they believe many athletes are still confused about many aspects of this important topic. So they decided to create this ISS Special Report, "The 5 Rules of Protein Economics," which provides clear-cut and straightforward advice regarding protein intake for gaining size, reducing body fat and enhancing recovery.
Step 1: Make sure each meal includes specific protein that digests slowly. Consuming proteins such as lean meats, low-fat cottage cheese and protein supplements like Micellar Matrix will insure a consistent delivery of amino acids that will improve net protein synthesis and less muscle protein breakdown.
Step 2: Gain control of your protein intake by calculating your individual protein needs. As a rule hard training athletes should consume 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. For example, if you weigh 200 lbs, your "baseline" protein needs are 200 grams per day.
Step 3: Spread out your protein consumption over 5-6 meals. For basic meal planning take your "baseline" protein needs calculated in Step Two (above), and divide that number by five or six. So for the same 200-lb athlete your protein per meal goal would be 33-40-grams.
Step 4: Re-arrange your protein consumption to accommodate training days. By calculating protein consumption for each day, and then dividing this number to account for five to six meals (Steps Three and Four), you have essentially created your protein planner for non-training days. Now, for training days you can "stack the deck" in favor of protein synthesis by consuming protein before training, and consuming extra protein in the two meals post-workout. This strategy is illustrated in the ISS Protein and Training Meal Planning Chart shown in Rule #3 above.
Step 5: Utilize protein cycling throughout the year to increase the digestion and absorption of any protein you eat. Your body is constantly trying to find "equilibrium," and that can mean conserving, or wasting the proteins you consume each day. By periodically cycling your protein consumption you can take advantage of your bodies "evolutionary" survival mechanisms, and ultimately get more amino acid synthesis out of the protein you consume.
For years, athletes and bodybuilders have instinctively known that protein intake can have a direct effect on muscle growth, body composition and exercise recovery. However, many athletes have not fully understood how to get the best results from the protein they consume--until now. ISS believes any serious athlete who wants to improve their muscle size, exercise recovery, and/or body composition can use the knowledge in this article to get the best results possible.
ISS Research's Vision
As much as it is in their power, ISS will bring to market the cleanest, purest, and most effective sports nutrition products. They utilize only the highest-quality raw materials from suppliers who meet their standards of integrity. Even though this raises their costs, they keep their products affordable, and hope that the rest of the industry will follow. As science advances so will their formulas. The company is committed to creating long-term impact on the standards of sports nutrition, and will continue to stand behind this customer commitment. ISS looks forward to the day when all manufacturers will adopt the same standards they do, and no matter which products you purchase, no matter from whom, you will know that you are taking clean, effective, and safe supplements.