Green Foods Wheat Grass Shots Raw and Organic - 10.6 oz (300 g)
Green Foods Wheat Grass Shots Organic and Raw offers the benefits of freshly squeezed wheat grass juice in a convenient and easy to use drink. Green Foods Wheat Grass Shots Organic and Raw contains 100% organic wheat grass juice powder. Green Foods Wheat Grass Shots Organic and Raw contains absolutely no fiber, fillers or additives. Unlike whole leaf powders, which are made of pulverized dried grass and consist of 25% fiber, Green Foods Wheat Grass Shots Organic and Raw are gently juiced and spray-dried into powder under low temperatures. This creates a tasty, smooth and non-gritty nutritious drink that is ready for optimum body absorption.
Green Foods' unique processing method of juicing and spray-drying under low temperatures protects the many active enzymes found in fresh wheat grass juice. Enzymes are destroyed when heated over 118°F. Since most of the food people eat is either cooked or heavily processed , many are enzyme-deficient. Active enzymes are critical for food digestion, energy production and brain stimulation. Without enough enzymes in our diet, bodies cannot function properly.
The high concentrations of chlorophyll in our wheat grass powder are evident in its dark green color. Chlorophyll is known for being a powerful detoxifier; it encourages oxygenation of the blood and helps the body cleanse itself of toxins and impurities. Because the molecular structure of chlorophyll is almost identical to hemoglobin, when ingested, chlorophyll helps the hemoglobin do its job - rebuild and replenish red blood cells while increasing energy.
Green Foods' Story
Perfectly Balanced Green Nutrition
Green Foods Corporation, founded by pharmacological researcher Yoshihide Hagiwara, M.D. in 1979 is an industry leader who is dedicated to improving human health and well-being. Green Foods believes that the best way to nourish the body with the nutrients it requires for good health is with natural, organic and bioavailable products. Their products are natural dietary supplements that offer the nutrients found in fresh grasses, fruits, vegetables, herbs and other nutrient rich whole foods and are made by their own award-winning juicing and spray-drying process. They contain a natural balance of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and phytochemicals that work together synergistically to give the daily nutrition needed to develop a strong foundation for good health.
For over 40 years, Green Foods has been the world-wide leader in the green foods category. To date, their products have been sold in 52 countries throughout the world. Their goals for the future are to continue to spread the benefits of barley to new countries, while reinforcing their commitment to the environment, to their customer's wellbeing, and to Dr. Hagiwara's original mission.
Dr. Hagiwara's Mission:
- "We devote ourselves to overcoming disease and helping to bring about a healthy, prosperous and peaceful world."
- "We hold the leading position in our industry by originating and developing superior products."
- "We maintain an organization of skilled, talented and highly motivated people who share these goals and work together loyally, cooperatively and courteously."
- "We find happiness by understanding our role in society, being constantly aware of our responsibilities, and appreciating the contributions we are able to make."
- "We explore our dreams and utilize our creativity to the fullest, as we work to advance the spiritual, as well as the physical well-being of the world."
Green Foods Founder, Yoshihide Hagiwara M.D.
Dr. Hagiwara, a world-renowned scientist, inventor, and entrepreneur, graduated from Kumamoto University in Japan as a research pharmacologist. Early in his career, he developed over 200 highly successful products, becoming the owner of a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company. In developing those products, Dr. Hagiwara experimented and handled many chemicals and soon realized their harmful effects.
After suffering from several health issues he attributed to the abundance of chemicals used in modern medicine, Dr. Hagiwara turned to a natural, nutritional approach to health and devoted his life to develop the best natural products available. His research of more than 150 types of plants, including grasses, herbs, vegetables, and fruits, led him to discover nearly 40 years ago that young barley was "one of the most nutritionally balanced foods in nature."
In order to capture and protect the delicate nutrients and enzymes in freshly harvested young barley grass, he developed and patented a unique juice extraction and spray-dry process that earned him Japan's prestigious Science and Technology Award. This process makes possible our powdered, nutrient-rich Green Magma, first developed in Japan in 1969.
Dr. Hagiwara's Career Milestones
- 1949: Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacology, Kumamoto University.
- 1949: Founded Hagiwara Pharmacy in Japan.
- 1952: Established Yamashiro Pharmaceutical Co., Japan.
- 1960: Doctor of Medicine, Tokushima University, Japan.
- 1968: Established Japan Pharmaceutical Development Co., Ltd.
- 1971: Established Japan Natural Foods Co., Ltd., President.
- 1973: Established Oita Factory in Japan.
- 1975: Awarded the Invention Encouragement Award in Japan.
- 1976: Founded the Green and Health Association in Japan.
- 1976: Published Green Barley Essence, a best-selling book.
- 1978: Established Development and Sales Co., Ltd., Japan.
- 1979: Director of the Research Institute of Health Foods of Japan.
- 1979: Established Green Foods Corporation in the United States.
- 1980: Established the Hagiwara Institute of Health.
- 1982: Lifetime Dedication to Pharmaceutical Industry Award presented by the Governor of Osaka, Japan.
- 1987: Director General of Science and Technology Agency Award for developing the barley juice powder process.
- 1988: Established YH Products Corporation to manufacture in the United States.
- 1991: Established a research partnership with the Environmental Toxicology Department, University of California at Davis, California.
- 1993: Established Hagiwara Institute of Health in Kobe, Japan's largest privately-funded cancer research facility.
- 1995: Received a Special Award from the Brazilian Government for his many contributions to world health and welfare.
Preventative Tips to Avoid Cold and Flu
Sick again? Each year Americans suffer from one billion colds, making the cold virus the most common infectious disease in the U.S. Typically adults have two colds each year, while children may have up to 12!
The body's immune system is a natural and powerful defense team against internal rogue cells and potentially harmful invaders - detrimental bacteria and viruses. So, when human defenses are down, (i.e. the immune system is not getting the rest and the nourishment of specific enzymes and nutrients, humans are more fragile and susceptible to colds and flu.
If you find you're almost always well, then good news - your immune system is working effectively! Just because you are exposed to the cold virus does not mean you'll catch the cold. If the immune system is working at its best it should be quite easy for you to fend off the virus without ever getting sick.
On the other hand, today's average diet and stressful lifestyle can deplete a body of the vital raw material that it needs to do its job, weakening the immune system and potentially leading to illness. Common contributing factors are:
- Eating too much sugar
- Not getting enough rest
- Using insufficient strategies to address emotional stressors
- Vitamin D and immune system support deficiencies (see below)
- Fortunately, there are things we can do to strengthen and support our body's immune system, so we're less likely to develop a cold or at least not suffer so long.
Washing hands is the #1 prevention for cold and flu! When touching the mouth, eyes, or nose after touching door handles, gas pumps, shaking hands, shared pens, etc. people could be setting themselves up for the sniffles. Cold viruses can live on objects up to three hours! Natural hand sanitizers can help keep hands clean, too.
Preliminary research has shown Vitamin D deficiencies are common - especially during the colder months. Vitamin D is an amazingly effective antimicrobial agent, producing 200 to 300 different antimicrobial agents to that kill bacteria, viruses and fungi. Best source of Vitamin D is sun exposure! If you don't have access to natural sunlight, then oral vitamin D3 supplements are a good