Suncoat Nail Polish Remover Gel 1 oz. (30 ml)
Suncoat Nail Polish Remover Gel, made from corn and soy, is an all-natural, vegan, safe and effective way to remove nail polish. Another ground breaking technology from Sun Coat, this is the first natural nail polish remover gel on the market. This one-of-a-kind product made from corn and soy, this gentle gel is earth-friendly, non-toxic and non-drying to the nails. Free of petrochemicals, biodegradable, and ideal for home use, also great for travel. Gel Polish Remover is safe and effective, and works on all nail polishes, both water-based and conventional.
Why is Water-based so much better?
Water-Based Nail Polish
- Environmentally Friendly: Conventional nail polish contains large amounts (typically around 70%) of chemical solvents such as toluene, acetates and alcohol. When nail polish is applied to nails, these solvents evaporate into the air, generating toxic chemical fumes; the well known and VERY offensive "chemical smell". This is why many people find it hard to breathe when using conventional nail polish: you are surrounding yourself with heavily polluted air, inhaling toluene, acetates etc.; chemical solvents. In Suncoat water-based nail polish, all the chemical solvents are replaced by water. The major ingredient is water, not chemical solvents! So when Suncoat water-based nail polish is being applied, it is only water that evaporates to the air, not toxic chemical fumes.
- Safer to Nails:The chemical solvents in conventional nail polish, after repeated use, can discolor nails and make them brittle and weak. This is not an issue with water-based nail polish.
- Not A Safety Hazard:Since conventional nail polishes contain around 70% chemical solvents, they are highly flammable and explosive. They are often classified as dangerous goods. They are safety hazards for retail stores, salons and residential homes. They should be kept away from heat, open flames such as burning candles, etc. Water-based nail polish, on the other hand, is not considered dangerous goods, and is much safer to both store and use.
- Other Benefits of Suncoat Water-based Nail Polish:No Phthalate of Any Kind.Many conventional nail polishes contain a deadly chemical, namely, phthalate. Phthalate, such as dibutyl phthalate (DBP), has been proven by research studies to interfere with normal hormone balance, can cause severe birth defects and other health problems. Phthalate is a very effective and popular plasticizer that gives nail polish flexibility, and helps prevent polish from cracking. Phthalate is also a very low volatile chemical (meaning will not evaporate quickly). So after the polish is applied to nails, phthalate will stay on the nails with the polish, and can penetrate into our system, causing health problems. Suncoat water-based nail polish is phthalate-free.
- Formaldehyde-free: Many regular nail polishes have formaldehyde-releasing ingredients, used in preserving the formulation. Formaldehyde has been reported as a carcinogenic chemical. Suncoat water-based nail polish is formaldehyde-free.
Water-based nail polish has been a long held dream for cosmetic scientists. There has not been a quality water-based nail polish on the market until 5 years ago when Suncoat launched its water-based nail polish line. Many of the major cosmetic companies have attempted to develop water-based nail polishes. It is however the technical difficulties that have prevented them from being successful. From Suncoat’s experience and knowledge, the major technical challenges for formulating water-based nail polish is lack of adhesion (to human nails) and slow drying time. Suncoat Products Inc. has also faced these challenges yet has persevered for a long time to overcome them. Thanks to Yingchun Liu, the chemist and founder of Suncoat, Suncoat finally broke through, and came up with an inn:" ":maldehyde-free chemical nail polish is not comparable to water-based nail polish. In these nail polishes, toluene is replaced by other chemicals, namely butyl acetate and ethyl acetate. So toluene and formaldehyde-free nail polish are still 100% chemical nail polish. Chemical solvents, namely acetates, are still the major ingredient in the polish: 60-70%. These nail polishes still give off chemical fumes, pollute the air, have an offensive odor, and are highly flammable and explosive. They still can harm nails, making the nails dry, yellow, brittle and weak. In Suncoat water-based nail polish, the chemical solvents (toluene and acetates etc) are replaced by water. Toluene and formaldehyde-free nail polish is only one step forward while Suncoat water-based Nail Polish is a revolutionary advance! Suncoat water-based nail polish contains ~70% water. When applied, water vapor is released in to the air, not chemical fumes. Thus Suncoat water-based nail polish is:
- environmentally friendly
- does not dry or discolor nails
- virtually odor-free
- Phthalate free, FD & C dyes free
National Award Winning Product
Suncoat's water-based nail polish has been recognized and honored for the second consecutive year at the Canadian Health Food Association Expo, winning the Silver medals of Alive Awards of Excellence in 2004 and 2005. Retailers from across Canada come together every year to the Canadian Natural Products Expo in Toronto , voting for the Alive Magazine Awards of Excellence. This award is truly representative the best of the best natural products. Earth pigments and carmine are used for Suncoat nail polish colors.
Best known for its expertise in water-based nail polish technology, Suncoat Products offers a complete line of water-based nail polish products as well as natural organic colour cosmetics. Standing out as the only long lasting and quick-drying water-based nail polish in today's market place, Suncoat water-based nail polish is formulated based on an innovative technology which Suncoat Products Inc. invented (currently patent-pending). Suncoat water-based nail polish...quick drying, and long lasting. Truly the best water-based nail polish available today. Suncoat stands out as the only long lasting and quick-drying water based nail polish in today's market place.Not only toluene and formaldehyde free, but also phthalate-free, alcohol-free and acetone/acetate-free! Naturally colored with earth pigments, containing NO FD&C dyes!
Suncoat Products Inc. is committed to providing consumers the following assurances:
- Use natural ingredients whenever possible.
- Use renewable resources whenever possible.
- Use natural colorants, such as earth pigments, for coloring, not FD&C dyes.
- Use natural preservatives whenever possible. All products are paraben-free.
- No animal testing involved.
- Register all products with Health Canada.
- Have the ingredients in every product reviewed by the Canadian government.
Please do a small skin / nail patch test before wide spread use of Suncoat products. Consult your health care provider for further advice. Suncoat Products Inc. was founded by research chemist Liu,Yingchun in 2001 to fill a niche for earth-friendly all natural products. Suncoat is proud that Suncoat Products Inc. is a Canadian research and manufacturing company specializing in cosmetics, and personal care products that are organic and non toxic to your skin.
Available in many colors...try them all!!