Smart Switch Moist Dry Heating Pad Model 70 by Cara
Cara's Moist Dry Heating Pad has a Smart Switch with ON indicator light, 3 automatically controlled heat settings, wet proof pad construction, a removable, hand washable, cloth cover, and a sponge pad for moist heat. It also features a new Smart Switch Auto-Timer which controls selected heat sessions in 20 minute intervals. This moist-dry heating pad is recommended for use whenever heat therapy applications are desirable for personal comfort, or as recommended by your physician for the relief of pain.
Instructions for Dry Heat Applications:
Slip cloth cover over the heating pad. Plug into any 120 Volt AC electrical outlet and activate pad as instructed below.
Instructions for Moist Heat Application:
Saturate sponge with warm tap water. Wring out excess water. Place heating pad and sponge into cloth cover. Plug into any 120 Volt AC electrical outlet and activate pad as instructed below.
Smart Switch with Auto-Timer Instructions:
1. To turn on pad, select any heat setting, for low heat press the blue button, for medium heat press the green button, or for high heat press the yellow button.
2. A red light indicates that the Smart Switch has started. The 60 minute timer will automatically turn the pad off after 60 minutes. After the red light has gone out, to start another 60 minute heat session, simply select a Low, Medium, or High button. The red light will again indicate the selected heat setting. NOTE: Once you have selected a heat setting, if you change to another, the time left on the 60 minute cycle at this new heat setting will be limited to the time you have remaining from the initial heat setting selected.
3. To activate the 20 minute timer: Once the pad is turned on, select the Auto Timer (gray button) to start the 20 minute Auto Timer. The red indicator light over the heat setting you have initially selected will then change to green, indicating that a 20 minute heat session has begun. If only one 20 minute heat session is desired, the Smart Switch Auto Timer will automatically turn the heating pad off after 20 minutes. NOTE: While the green light is on the heat setting may be changed. If the heat setting is changed, the time left on the 30 minute heat cycle at this new setting will be limited to the time you have remaining from the initial heat setting selected. CAUTION: If the large gray button is selected before a 20 minute period is over, the heating pad will begin another 20 minute heating cycle.
4. To turn pad off at any time select the red button.
NOTE: When plugged into wall outlet, it is normal for switch to become warm, even in the off position.
CAUTION: Switch will also remain warm when activated.
To reduce the risk of burns, electrical shock, fire, and accident, this product must be used in accordance with the following instructions:
1. Read all instructions carefully.
2. Do Not use pad while sleeping. Do Not use pad on an infant.
3. This pad is not to be used on or by and invalid, a paralyzed person, a sleeping or unconscious person, a person with diabetes, or a person with poor blood circulation unless carefully attended.
4. Burns may occur regardless of control setting. Check skin under pad frequently to avoid burning and blistering.
5. Place pad on top of and not under the part of the body needing heat - burns can result regardless of control setting.
6. This pad is provided with a removable cover. Never use pad without cover in place.
7. Do not use pad in an oxygen enriched environment or near equipment which stores or emits oxygen.
8. Do not use pins or other metallic means to fasten pad in place.
9. Do not lie, sit on or against, or crush pad - avoid sharp folds.
10. Never pull this pad by the supply cord and do not use the cord as a handle.
11. Carefully examine inner cover before each use. Discard the pad if it shows any sign of deterioration (such as blistering or cracking).
12. Use this pad only on a 110-120 Volt AC circuit. Unplug pad when not in use.
13. Do not tamper with this pad in any way. There are no user serviceable parts. If for any reason this pad does not function satisfactorily, return to electric service station given in warranty.
14. Do not use this pad with liniment, salve, or ointment preparations that contain heat producing ingredients. Skin burns could result.
15. Do not use pad while taking sensory dulling medication.
16. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other) as a safety feature. This plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
The name "Cara" is a gaelic derivative from "the isle of man", meaning we care. From the beginning, our corporation has been dedicated to marketing quality cost-effective products for distribution to the ultimate consumer. Cara's dedication to multiple customers of varying classifications will grow through proven procedures that are challenging, yet designed to assure achievement of our primary objective: "to serve Cara customers to the best of our ability".
333 Strawberry Field Road