Natural Factors - Peace River Bee Pollen 500 mg. - 90 Capsules
Natural Factors Peace River Bee Pollen comes from Northern Alberta's pristine Peace River Valley and is scrupulously tested for the presence of pesticides, insecticides, herbicides or heavy metals. Full-time beekeepers collect Enriching Bee Factors Bee Pollen daily in specially-made stainless steel (not zinc) mesh pollen traps. In its natural state pollen contains a lot of moisture and can spoil if not refrigerated or frozen quickly.
Enriching Bee Factors Pollen is frozen immediately and air-dried in a special cleaning and drying plant, the largest in Canada. Enriching Bee Factors Pollen is packaged in opaque bottles to keep out light, kept in a cool environment and dated for optimum freshness.
About Bee Pollen:
Bee pollen is a nutrient-dense granule that contains all the amino acids, over a dozen vitamins, 28 minerals, 11 enzymes and co-enzymes, and 14 fatty acids. Although bee pollen is 25 percent protein, it can be considered a low calorie food with only about 90 calories per ounce or 45 calories per tablespoon.
Pollen may be the ideal food that can protect us from an increasingly toxic environment. The power-packed nutrients in pollen granules give our immune system a much-needed boost. Pollen also contains potassium and other factors that cleanse and detoxify.
Pollen is an air cleanness indicator because it can absorb air pollution and environmental chemicals so it's important to know the source of pollen.
Natural Factors priority is enhancing people's health.
- They offer more than 300 different formulas available exclusively at natural health stores.
- They are family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- They have produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- They grow their own herbs, organically and process them fresh from the fields.
- They test and standardize herbs for total quality control.
- Their science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- They create new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Their laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- They meet or exceed Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements
A quality herbal product starts with the highest quality fresh organic plant material. The efficacy of herbal products has always been affected by growing conditions, harvesting, processing and storage. At Factor Farms in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada our quality can be guaranteed as we control the entire process from seedling to finished product.
To grow herbs organically no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides or pesticides are allowed. We use only natural substances that have been approved by the organic industry. You can be assured that the fresh herb extracts contain no traces of unwanted chemical. Even the seed and plant sources are organic.
To be organically certified, certification inspectors work closely with growers to ensure that the organic standards are adhered to. We must keep detailed records of what we use on our farm. Even after harvest, processing is regulated so that no harmful chemicals are used to manufacture the fresh herb extracts.
Local cultivation of medicinal herbs at Factors Farms ensures that the herbs are picked, processed, and extracted at just the right time when the active ingredients are at their peak.
Natural Factor knows that the natural habitats of many herbs are shrinking and that over-harvesting from the wild can endanger native medicinal plant populations. So organic cultivation of herbs is preferred over "wild crafting".