Carbon Steel 4-Piece Wok Set by Helen's Asian Kitchen
Helen's Asian Kitchen 14" Carbon Steel 4-Piece Wok Set
Helen's Asian Kitchen 14" Carbon Steel 4-Piece Wok Set includes carbon steel flat-bottom wok, bamboo spatula, high-dome lid and recipe booklet.
- Traditiontal carbon steel wok for quick heat response and uniform heating
- Versatile - stir fry, stew, saute, deep fry, braise, boil and so much more
- Flat bottom sits securely on any stovetop - gas, electric or induction
- Heat-resistant natural wood handles
- Requires seasoning for a natural stick-resistant cooking surface
Welcome to Helen's Asian Kitchen - an in-depth, quality resource for your own Asian Kitchen. Helen learned to cook the old-fashioned way - from her mother. Developed through many years of culinary experience, this innovative collection provides the high-quality standards serious cooks demand and every cook deserves.
Join Helen in Helen's Asian Kitchen and experience the romance and excitement of traditional Asian cuisine without the mystery. Helen's Asian Kitchen - Dedicated to the Art of Eastern Cooking.
Helen's Asian Kitchen's 14" Carbon Steel 4-Piece Wok Set is versatile. Use it to stir fry, stew, saute, deep fry, braise, boil and so much more. Flat bottom sits securely on any stovetop - gas, electric or induction.
How To Care For Your Carbon Steel Wok
Helen's carbon steel woks are coated with a protective lacquer finish to prevent the pan from rusting during transit. Clean thoroughly, then season to seal the surface to prevent rusting. Successive use will gradually build a black patina, providing a smooth, stick-resistant surface, like a well-seasoned cast iron skillet. The more you use your pan, the darker and more stick-resistant it will become.
Before First Use:
- Place the wok over medium-high heat until it smokes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, scrub the inside with an abrasive cleanser, repeating several times if necessary to remove all the lacquer coating. When clean, rinse and dry the pan thoroughly and proceed to next step immediately.
- Pour 1 to 2 teaspoons of cooking oil into the wok (vegetable, canola, soybean or peanut - do not use butter or olive oil) and, with paper towel, coat the entire inner surface with a thin film of oil. (Note: Do not use nonstick cooking sprays as they can leave a hard to remove sticky residue on the cookware.) Place wok over medium heat and heat slowly. With paper towel, distribute oil evenly over the entire cooking surface. Tilt wok over the burner to heat the sides.
- Allow wok to smoke 15 to 30 seconds while rubbing in the oil. The wok and paper towel will darken as you do this. Handle the pan and paper towel with care. They will be hot. Allow the pan to cool then repeat oiling and heating process 3 to 4 times. Let pan cool between each oiling. Your wok has its initial seasoning and is ready to use.
After Each Use:
- Rinse wok with hot water and, if necessary, scrub away clinging food particles with a brush or non-metallic scrubber.
- Use dishwashing liquid only if necessary, as it may strip away some of the seasoning. Rinse pan and dry thoroughly.
- Place wok over medium-high heat to finish drying.
- Allow the pan to cool before storing.
- You may wish to wipe a thin film of cooking oil over the inside surface to prevent incidental rusting and help maintain seasoned surface. Do not use nonstick cooking sprays.
- If rust appears, simply scrub it away, rinse, dry the pan thoroughly and season it again.
Do not wash your carbon steel wok in the dishwasher. Harsh detergents will strip away seasoning and cause rusting.
At least six months of regular use will fully season your wok to perfection. Remember, a carbon steel wok is guaranteed to rust unless seasoned and used regularly. A rusted wok is not ruined. Simply scrub away rust, rinse, dry and season again.
Please follow Use and Care instructions as outlined in the Recipe Booklet.
4-Piece Set Includes:
- 14" Carbon steel flat-bottom wok
- Bamboo spatula
- High-dome lid
- Recipe booklet
About Helen's Asian Kitchen
WELCOME TO HELEN’S ASIAN KITCHEN — AN IN-DEPTH, QUALITY RESOURCE FOR YOUR OWN ASIAN KITCHEN. I LEARNED TO COOK THE OLD-FASHIONED WAY — FROM MY MOTHER. DEVELOPED THROUGH MANY YEARS OF CULINARY EXPERIENCE, THIS INNOVATIVE COLLECTION PROVIDES THE HIGH-QUALITY STANDARDS THAT SERIOUS COOKS DEMAND AND EVERY COOK DESERVES. JOIN ME IN HELEN’S ASIAN KITCHEN AND EXPERIENCE THE ROMANCE AND EXCITEMENT OF TRADITIONAL ASIAN CUISINE — WITHOUT THE MYSTERY.
747 Vassar Avenue
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
I am on my second curing of this wok. I followed instructions for the first cure and it didn't work that well. I boiled out, srubbed and cleaned it and did a second cure following the UTube videon instructions from the Wok Shop, oven method. I just fried something in it tonight. It looks good, so for. This wok heats up very quickly and gets very hot. I think I made a worth investment.