SinuSurf Additive For Nasal Cleansing by NeilMed Pharmaceuticals
NeilMed Pharmaceuticals SinuSurf Additive For Extra-Strength For Nasal Cleansing 30 mL (1 oz.)
NeilMed Pharmaceuticals SinuSurf Additive For Extra-Strength for Nasal Cleansing, for use with NeilMed Sinus Rinse Bottle or NetiPot, thins and loosens mucus. Sinu Surf is an easy-to-use, water soluble product that facilitates deeper cleansing and helps remove excess mucus and dried crusts out of nasal passages when mixed with a buffered isotonic saline solution. SinuSurf is an additive for extra-strength nasal cleansing that is suitable for excess nasal mucus as seen in the following conditions:
- Common cold
- Nasal allergies
- Bacterial infections
- Fungal infections
- Cystic fibrosis
- Immune disorders
- Post radiation therapy
- Post sinus surgeries
Why do leading doctors insist on NeilMed's brand over other saline products?
- Physician researched, developed, patented & constantly perfected
- USA and Canada's #1 prescribed system for nasal and sinus irrigation
- No burning or stinging guaranteed
- Affordable and portable
- Semi transparent bottle, rather than solid or opaque, makes it easy to visually inspect for cleanliness
- USP (pharmaceutical grade) Sodium Chloride & Sodium Bicarbonate mixture for a moisturizing & soothing nasal rinse
- A Volume therapeutic saline nasal irrigation and moisturizing system, not an ordinary saline spray
- Large volume irrigation is a must for the best relief from allergies and sinus congestion
- Endorsed by allergists and ENT surgeons nationwide
Are nasal Spray Bottles or Pressurized Spray Cans considered a nasal wash, nasal rinse or nasal lavage system?
The answer is simply NO. One can compare the effectiveness of using a garden hose to clean sticky mud off a windshield to cleaning it with a small spray bottle. There are various spray products on the market, but they are just moisturizers and cannot be considered as nasal wash systems by any means. It is just not possible to get a sufficient volume lavage using a spray system. You can also check with your doctor. For a true nasal lavage, wash or douche, one needs volume. Also, when one instills the solution up in one nasal passage, the flow should continue upwards, go over the septum and start the down flow through the other nasal passage. If you do not achieve this then you will not have thorough cleansing job.
With a few seconds squeeze on NeilMed’s SINUS RINSE bottle, you get at least 30 ml (1 oz.) to 60 ml (2 oz.) or even a higher volume of rinse. With a few seconds spray from a pressurized can or a few sequential squeezes on spray bottles, you may get a minuscule volume of 0.5 mL to 5 mL at the most. Certainly, it will have a good moisturizing effect, but will not wash out the excessive mucus or allergens. They definitely have a place for applying moisture to the nasal passages, but will not do the required nasal hygiene or cleansing NeilMed’s SINUS RINSE™ or any other manufacturer’s large volume irrigation system can provide. In our opinion, one needs 4 oz. (120 mL) to 16 oz. (480 mL) for proper irrigation. Please do not forget the cost difference. One regular packet of NeilMed’s SINUS RINSE™ makes 8 oz. of solution and box of 100 packets will make 800 oz.
Nasal irrigation is a personal hygiene practice used for thousands of years in India. When Dr. Ketan C. Mehta moved to the United States in 1981 to further his medical training, he had no idea he'd find his future in this ancient tradition. Dr. Mehta is a practicing physician who specializes in pulmonary and critical care medicine in Santa Rosa, California. In his practice, he has relied mostly on the constantly evolving Western medical technologies. However, after suffering from chronic sinus disease and trying a range of treatments to control his symptoms—including corrective surgery—he discovered that the most effective therapy was the ancient practice of nasal irrigation. In his practice, he began prescribing this simple treatment to patients. A large number of patients did improve after trying nasal irrigation. However, they returned with the same symptoms when they stopped doing nasal rinses on a daily basis.
In January 2000, Dr. Mehta formed NeilMed Pharmaceuticals and began marketing the Sinus Rinse kit. This effective and soothing volume nasal rinse system incorporates years of medical knowledge and the invaluable suggestions of medical colleagues and patients. Due to the product's effectiveness and widespread acceptance by doctors, Sinus Rinse is now the #1 physician prescribed nasal irrigation system in the United States and Canada. It is also widely available in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, UK, NeilMed is the #1 brand in North America for large volume saline nasal irrigation devices. NeilMed's goal is to ensure the highest possible quality, effectiveness and safety for devices, at an affordable price. They are highly committed to meeting applicable regulatory, customer and quality standards and achieving increasing levels of customer satisfaction. Today they support medical research at several university medical centers. NeilMed Pharmaceuticals offers a full line of nasal irrigation and health products designed to help children and adults breathe more freely and comfortably through their nose.
- Prepare 8 oz. or 240 ml. of isotonic buffered saline solution in a NeilMed squeeze bottle or NasaFlo Neti Pot. You may use other devices as long as you are using isotonic buffered saline solution and adding a correct quantity of SinuSurf.
- Use 2 full squirts or compressions of SinuSurf (equal to 1 ml) into 240 ml. (8 oz.) saline solution or 1 squirt (equal to 0.5 ml) per 120 ml (4 oz.) of saline solution. Now shake the bottle or Neti Pot to mix SinuSurf with the buffered saline solution. You will see froth or bubbles at the top of the bottle. This is expected. Usual recommendation is to rinse one to two times per day for 14 days. You may use for a longer duration after consulting with your physician. To avoid any burning, never use SinuSurf unless mixed with buffered isotonic saline solution in correct dilution.
- Do the nasal rinsing procedure in the same manner that you have always done. Please do not deviate from the provided directions.
To avoid burning, SinuSurf must be mixed with NeilMed isotonic buffered saline solution. Do not use SinuSurf as a stand alone spray or with plain water. You must follow the directions provided. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use SinuSurf for mouth wash. Please do not discard printed box. If you are allergic to the listed ingredients or develop an allergy or side effects right after using the product, do not use this product. Store or keep in a cool and dry place.
Glycereth-26, Sorbitol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocoamidopropyl betaine, Imidazildinyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA and USP Grade water.
About NeilMed Pharmaceuticals
NEILMED IS COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF SUPPORT. WE MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU TO GET ANSWERS TO ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ABOUT NASAL IRRIGATION, SINUS OR NASAL HEALTH AND NEILMED PRODUCTS.
601 Aviation Blvd.
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.