Mad Hippie Cream Cleanser For Normal To Dry Skin 118 ml (4 oz.)
Mad Hippie Cream Cleanser for Normal To Dry Skin with Jojoba, Green Tea, Macadamia Oil & Orchid Extract is a gentle balancing cream cleanser that removes free radicals & impurities while moisturizing and healing.
- Organic Jojoba Oil - This natural moisturizer closely resembles your skin's own lubricant sebum, and is readily absorbed into the skin. Works to provide a protective barrier while promoting health through its antimicrobial and nourishing properties.
- Orchid Extract - Rich in minerals and moisturizing compounds that have long been used for their protective and reparative effects. Orchid extract is believed to contain an agent that slows cellular degeneration, allowing the orchid to bloom for dramatically longer than other flowers.
- Organic Macadamia Oil - This exclusive oil contains the highest levels of the naturally occurring skin protectant palmitoleic acid, an essential part of sebum. It absorbs quickly into the skin to provide instant moisturizing benefits while its emollient properties protect skin cells from deterioration.
- Sodium Hyaluronate - The salt of hyaluronic acid (HA), sodium hyaluronate has been shown to have better skin penetrating capabilities than HA alone. Works to plump up and moisturize the skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Algae Extract - Mineral and antioxidant rich algae extract nourishes aging skin as well as smoothes and moisturizes through its water binding properties.
- Sesame Oil - Antioxidant rich sesame oil has long been used in Ayurvedic medicine to increase overall health and well-being. It is rich in several potent antioxidants, including vitamin E and vitamin A, which help to reverse signs of aging and reduce sun damage. It is believed that regular application of sesame oil increases circulation, which helps to repair damaged skin cells and restore a healthy glow. The healing oil also has antibacterial properties which make it helpful in preventing abnormal bacterial growth on the skin.
- Green Tea - Protects against free radical damage while increasing skin's resilience through its anti-inflammatory & anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Sodium PCA - Derived from amino acids, sodium PCA is a naturally occurring humectant in the skin with high water absorbing qualities. Works to effectively hydrate the skin by absorbing and binding moisture to skin cells.
- Shea Butter - Used in Africa for centuries for its moisturizing and anti-inflammatory qualities, shea butter is a rich source of the powerful antioxidants vitamin A & E, as well as crucial fatty acids important in retaining skin elasticity. Recent studies also suggest that cinnamic acid, found in Shea butter, reduces the effects of UV damage.
How long does it take to start seeing the effects of Mad Hippie?
The thing you have to remember about skin damage, wrinkles, and other signs of aging, is that they take many years to occur. Treating ailments of the skin through natural ingredients is the safest and most effective means, but one should not expect overnight results. Instead, expect to see marked improvements in 30-60 days, with the full results taking 90+ days. With continued use, you can keep your skin looking healthy, bright and beautiful, regardless of your age.
Should I wear sunscreen while using Mad Hippie?
Absolutely! If you are going to be out in the sun for more than a 10-15 minute stretch, it is a good idea to wear sunscreen. Look for sunscreens that are ALL NATURAL with physical blocking agents such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. The majority of the sunscreens that are not all natural contain chemical blocking agents such as oxybenzone (a chemical that absorbs through the skin and contaminates the bodies of 97% of Americans according to the CDC) and parabens (a hormone blocker that mimics estrogen) that can be more detrimental to the body than the sun itself. So remember when slathering up in sunscreen, GO ALL NATURAL.
What are Peptides, and how do they work?
Peptides are really the newest thing in anti-aging skin care, and due to their high cost & complexity, the effective actives are utilized in only the most premium skin care products. While there are a variety of different peptide complexes, some of the most prominent work in the following ways:
- Produce Collagen - Collagen, made up of long strands of amino acids, is really the main building block of skin, giving the skin its smooth and youthful appearance. As you age, collagen is lost, and this gives way to aged, wrinkled looking skin. When the long strands of amino acids in collagen are broken down, they create small chains commonly referred to as peptides. The presence of these peptides signal that it has lost collagen and the production of more necessary. One of the most effective peptides in skin care, Matrixyl 3000, works to mimic the appearance of this broken down collagen, causing your skin to naturally react by producing more collagen. This particular peptide complex has been shown in studies to be as effective as retinol at healing wrinkles and skin damage, while lacking the irritation and downtime that is often associated with retinoid products.
- Strengthen Capillaries & Increase Microcirculation - When it comes to caring for the delicate skin around the eyes, the peptide complexes Regu-Age & Eyeliss work to effectively increase lymphatic drainage and microcirculation by strengthening veins and capillaries, leading to a dramatic reduction in discoloration & swelling around the eyes. By protecting the integrity of elastin & collagen bundles (two essential elements of the skin), and minimizing the impact of free radical damage, these powerful peptides work to improve skin firmness and elasticity, giving the under eye region a lifting effect, while visibly reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Increase Cellular Communication - The Dermal-Epidermal Juncture, responsible for the structural and functional integrity of the skin, begins to lose functionality around the age of 30. The dual peptide complex Syn-Tacks interacts with the most relevant proteins at the DEJ to dramatically increase cellular communication on a molecular level while also stimulating the production of Laminin V, Collagen type IV, VII, and XVII and Integrin
- Resulting in:
- improved structural integrity
- improved epidermal nourishment
- improved molecular communication within the skin
- Leading to:
- improved skin compactness
- reduced wrinkles
- increased skin tonicity
- increased skin firmness
Where should I keep my Mad Hippie products?
Mad Hippie products can be kept at room temperature wherever you would like. Avoid keeping your products in the heat or exposed to UV rays though.
What order should I use my products in?
If you are using Mad Hippie's full skin care line, apply the vitamin C serum 5 minutes after washing your face thoroughly. Wait 5 minutes after applying the serum & apply the creams. Apply the face cream to the entire face, including eye area, then apply eye cream beside and below the eyes—making sure to rub both creams in well, particularly around wrinkle prone areas.
If just using the creams, wait 5 minutes after washing your face when skin is fully dry to apply.
Mad Hippie is a small, all-natural skin care company that has it's roots in Portland, Maine, though they have recently migrated to Austin, Texas. Their goal has always been to make the safest, most effective products utilizing scientifically advanced actives coupled with Mother Nature's finest antioxidants. By combining more active ingredients at higher concentrations, they aim to improve overall health and beauty of your skin. Leaving out harmful chemicals, parabens, synthetic color and fragrance, Mad Hippie helps your skin achieve true harmony.