Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum 30 ml (1.02 oz.)
Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum is an uplifting antioxidant blend with 8 actives that have been formulated to brighten, tighten and smooth the skin while reducing the effects of photoaging. Mad Hippie gives your skin just what it needs to look its best!
- Vitamin C (STAY-C 50) - Few ingredients in skin care have as much solid evidence as to their effectiveness as Vitamin C. Proven to enhance collagen production, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and tighten the skin, this powerful antioxidant is effective at healing sun damage and discoloration, while inhibiting future damage caused by UV exposure. Wear sunscreen daily.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (STAY-C 50) - a more stable and bioavailable form of Vitamin C than the commonly used L-Ascorbic Acid found in most skin care products, provides the same benefits, without the risk of oxidation and irritation that is often associated with L-Ascorbic Acid.
- Vitamin E - Potent natural antioxidant shown to heal and correct skin damage, wrinkles and signs of aging. Vitamin E has been found to have a compounding antioxidant and UV protective effect when used in conjunction with Vitamin C.
- Ferulic Acid - A naturally occurring antioxidant found primarily in plant cell walls. When combined with vitamins C&E, Ferulic Acid has been shown to reduce UV generated skin damage by 8x.
- Hyaluronic Acid - Works to smooth and plump up the skin by retaining moisture, aiding in healing and enhancing production & maintenance of collagen. A naturally occurring substance in the body, hyaluronic acid begins to deplete as you age.
- Grapefruit - Rich in antioxidants & citric acid, grapefruit works to remove dead skin cells, acting as a natural exfoliant, while toning & tightening the skin.
- Konjac Root Powder - Exotic flower from Asia, works to effectively soften & smooth the skin while forming a thin protective barrier. Rich in nutrients such as copper, zinc, phosphorus, fatty acids, protein, carbohydrates, lipids, potassium, magnesium, iron, niacin, folic acid & vitamins A, E, C, D, & B!
- Chamomile Extract - Provides a thin protective shield, while naturally soothing and calming the skin.
- Clary Sage - Balances the production of sebum, and eliminates over-dry or over-oily skin. Acts as a natural toner & astringent with antibacterial & antiseptic qualities.
How long does it take to start seeing the effects of Mad Hippie?
The thing you have to remember about skin damage, wrinkles, and other signs of aging, is that they take many years to occur. Treating ailments of the skin through natural ingredients is the safest and most effective means, but one should not expect overnight results. Instead, expect to see marked improvements in 30-60 days, with the full results taking 90+ days. With continued use, you can keep your skin looking healthy, bright and beautiful, regardless of your age.
Should I wear sunscreen while using Mad Hippie?
Absolutely! If you are going to be out in the sun for more than a 10-15 minute stretch, it is a good idea to wear sunscreen. Look for sunscreens that are ALL NATURAL with physical blocking agents such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. The majority of the sunscreens that are not all natural contain chemical blocking agents such as oxybenzone (a chemical that absorbs through the skin and contaminates the bodies of 97% of Americans according to the CDC) and parabens (a hormone blocker that mimics estrogen) that can be more detrimental to the body than the sun itself. So remember when slathering up in sunscreen, GO ALL NATURAL.
What are Peptides, and how do they work?
Peptides are really the newest thing in anti-aging skin care, and due to their high cost & complexity, the effective actives are utilized in only the most premium skin care products. While there are a variety of different peptide complexes, some of the most prominent work in the following ways:
- Produce Collagen - Collagen, made up of long strands of amino acids, is really the main building block of skin, giving the skin its smooth and youthful appearance. As you age, collagen is lost, and this gives way to aged, wrinkled looking skin. When the long strands of amino acids in collagen are broken down, they create small chains commonly referred to as peptides. The presence of these peptides signal that it has lost collagen and the production of more necessary. One of the most effective peptides in skin care, Matrixyl 3000, works to mimic the appearance of this broken down collagen, causing your skin to naturally react by producing more collagen. This particular peptide complex has been shown in studies to be as effective as retinol at healing wrinkles and skin damage, while lacking the irritation and downtime that is often associated with retinoid products.
- Strengthen Capillaries & Increase Microcirculation - When it comes to caring for the delicate skin around the eyes, the peptide complexes Regu-Age & Eyeliss work to effectively increase lymphatic drainage and microcirculation by strengthening veins and capillaries, leading to a dramatic reduction in discoloration & swelling around the eyes. By protecting the integrity of elastin & collagen bundles (two essential elements of the skin), and minimizing the impact of free radical damage, these powerful peptides work to improve skin firmness and elasticity, giving the under eye region a lifting effect, while visibly reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Increase Cellular Communication - The Dermal-Epidermal Juncture, responsible for the structural and functional integrity of the skin, begins to lose functionality around the age of 30. The dual peptide complex Syn-Tacks interacts with the most relevant proteins at the DEJ to dramatically increase cellular communication on a molecular level while also stimulating the production of Laminin V, Collagen type IV, VII, and XVII and Integrin
- Resulting in:
- improved structural integrity
- improved epidermal nourishment
- improved molecular communication within the skin
- Leading to:
- improved skin compactness
- reduced wrinkles
- increased skin tonicity
- increased skin firmness
Where should I keep my Mad Hippie products?
Mad Hippie products can be kept at room temperature wherever you would like. Avoid keeping your products in the heat or exposed to UV rays though.
What order should I use my products in?
If you are using Mad Hippie's full skin care line, apply the vitamin C serum 5 minutes after washing your face thoroughly. Wait 5 minutes after applying the serum & apply the creams. Apply the face cream to the entire face, including eye area, then apply eye cream beside and below the eyes—making sure to rub both creams in well, particularly around wrinkle prone areas.
If just using the creams, wait 5 minutes after washing your face when skin is fully dry to apply.
Mad Hippie is a small, all-natural skin care company that has it's roots in Portland, Maine, though they have recently migrated to Austin, Texas. Their goal has always been to make the safest, most effective products utilizing scientifically advanced actives coupled with Mother Nature's finest antioxidants. By combining more active ingredients at higher concentrations, they aim to improve overall health and beauty of your skin. Leaving out harmful chemicals, parabens, synthetic color and fragrance, Mad Hippie helps your skin achieve true harmony.