Mad Hippie - Eye Cream - 15 ml (0.5 oz.)
Mad Hippie Eye Cream is a rich, conditioning peptide eye cream that liberates your skin from wrinkles, swelling & discoloration by combining the most advanced peptides in skin care with the best natural antioxidants. Mad Hippie gives your skin just what it needs to look its best! Mad Hippie Eye Cream is a natural, revitalizing peptide face cream that reduces the appearance of wrinkles and creates smooth, healthy skin.
- Eyeliss - Triple peptide formula that reduces dark circles under the eyes. Works to strenghten capillaries & veins, while increasing lymphatic drainage & circulation. Effectively increases firmness and elasticity of skin, while reducing swelling.
- Regu-Age - Peptide complex that reduces dark circles and puffiness around the eyes by increasing micro-circulation, protecting integrity of collagen and elastic bundles, while also inhibiting the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Matrixyl 3000 - Naturally stimulates body's production of collagen & elastin, reducing wrinkles and giving skin a lifting effect. Matrixyl 3000 increases skin elasticity and tone, and has been shown to reduce deep wrinkle surface area by 45%, wrinkle density by 37% and skin roughness by 14%.
- Haloxyl - Dual peptide that reinforces firmness and tone while reducing inflammation and dark circles under the eyes by eliminating blood originated pigments responsible for discoloration and localized swelling.
- Chamomile Extract - Provides thin protective shield, while naturally soothing and calming the skin.
- Vitamin K - naturally aids in the healing of varicose veins, age spots, dark circles around the eyes, skin discoloration, sun damage & scarring.
- Retinyl Palmitate - Vitamin A derivative that increases metabolism of skin cells & aids in the natural production of collagen. Increases elasticity and thickness of skin, dramatically reducing the appearance of wrinkles, age spots & uneven tone, while healing and correcting past skin damage.
- Pomegranate - Potent antioxidant that is a high source of ellagic acid, a polyphenol that has been shown to inhibit the growth of skin cancer. Believed to also mediate the effects of ultraviolet rays & skin discoloration.
- Wheat Protein - Strengthens the skin, while helping to retain moisture. Works to tighten skin & increase elasticity, while toning and promoting healing.
- Vitamin B3 - Energizes cells while aiding in metabolism of glucose & synthesis of lipids. Has strong antioxidant & anti carcinogenic qualities and has been shown to reduce the harmful effects of ultra violet rays. Helps even skin tone & reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- Vitamin C - Strengthens skin cells, while reducing the effects of free radical oxidation & preventing pigment discoloration. Helps in the synthesis of collagen, while it works to protect skin against the sun.
- Argan Oil - Natural healing agent from Northern Africa. High source of vitamin E, essential fatty acids & phytosterols. Attributed with naturally healing scar tissue, moisturizing the skin & reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Buckwheat – A native plant in central Asia that dramatically tones skin while reducing dark circles and puffiness around the eyes by strengthening capillary walls, and increasing blood flow & microcirculation.
- White Tea – Strong antioxidant with natural anti-carcinogenic qualities that works to eliminate free radicals, boost immunity of skin cells and prevent UV damage.
- Ceramide - supports the renewal of the skin’s natural protective layer by forming a thin lipid barrier that holds in moisture, while protecting & healing the skin.
- Vitamin E - Contains powerful anti aging & anti carcinogenic properties. Reduces fine lines & wrinkles while it heals and protects skin from UV & free radical damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are their products cruelty-free?
How do I get the best results from my Mad Hippie products?
A major difference between people who get great results from their skin care products and those who do not is how well they rub them into their skin. When rubbing skin care products in though it is essential to be very gentle and to not pull or tug on the skin. Instead, use more of a gentle upward massaging motion helping the actives fully penetrate without stretching or pulling the skin.
How long does it take to start seeing the effects of Mad Hippie?
The thing we have to remember about skin damage, wrinkles and other signs of aging, is that they take many years to occur. Treating ailments of the skin through natural ingredients is the safest and most effective means, but one should not expect overnight results. Instead expect to see marked improvements in 30-60 days, with the full results taking 90+ days. With continued use, you can keep your skin looking healthy, bright and beautiful regardless of your age.
What is the difference between the exfoliating serum and vitamin A serum?
Great question! While both are exfoliants, they work in different ways. The exfoliating serum uses alpha hydroxy acids to break the lipid bonds that hold on the outer layer of dead, dull skin, while the vitamin A serum enhances cellular turnover. Some people prefer alpha hydroxy acids, while some prefer vitamin A. It’s really hard to say which exfoliant is best for you, as each person’s skin type varies some. While traditionally vitamin A is more drying than alpha hydroxy acids, our vitamin A formulation with retinyl retinoate is actually quite hydrating.
Can I use the vitamin A serum & the exfoliating serum?
It’s probably not necessary as both work to exfoliate the skin, but for those who would prefer to use both, stagger the two products from night to night (ie. exfoliating serum one night, vitamin A serum the next). Or, use one product for 3-4 weeks, then switch to the other. We normally recommend to not layer these two products on top of each other as it could cause irritation and increased skin sensitivity due to over-exfoliation.
What order should I use my products in?
They recommend gently massaging the vitamin C serum into your skin in the morning after washing and drying thoroughly. Wait 5 minutes after applying the serum & apply the creams. Apply the face cream to the entire face, including eye area, then apply the eye cream beside and below the eyes—making sure to rub both creams in well, particularly around wrinkle prone areas. Follow this with our extra hydrating antioxidant facial oil as the final & last step. At night, follow the same steps but replace the vitamin C serum with an exfoliant: either the exfoliating serum or vitamin A serum. If just using the creams, wait a couple minutes after washing your face when skin is fully dry to apply.
Are their face cream and eye cream bottles BPA-free? Recycled / Recyclable?
Yes, their airless pumps are BPA-free, and fully recyclable. Most airless pumps on the market contain both metal and plastic, Mad Hippie’s pumps are entirely plastic though making them fully recyclable.
Should I wear sunscreen while using Mad Hippie?
Absolutely! If you are going to be out in the sun for more than a 10 minute stretch, it is a good idea to wear sunscreen. Look for sunscreens that are ALL NATURAL with physical blocking agents such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. The majority of the sunscreens that are not all natural contain chemical blocking agents such as oxybenzone (a chemical that absorbs through the skin and contaminates the bodies of 97% of Americans according to the CDC) and parabens (a hormone blocker that mimics estrogen) that can be more detrimental to the body than the sun itself. So remember, when slathering up in sunscreen, GO ALL NATURAL
Where should I keep my Mad Hippie products?
Mad Hippie products can be kept at room temperature wherever you would like. Avoid keeping your products in the heat or exposed to UV rays though.
About Mad Hippie
At Mad Hippie they take skin care seriously, but they also take corporate responsibility seriously.
They know and appreciate the faith a customer puts into a company when buying their line, and that’s why they strive to always make the safest, most effective products possible.
It can’t stop there though. They also take their responsibility to the planet seriously & that’s why they are always working to further reduce their carbon footprint and impact on the environment. From recently switching to some of the only BPA-free, fully recyclable airless pumps on the market, to printing solely with soy inks & running their entire facility off alternative energy, Mad Hippie is dedicated to the preservation of the environment.
So, give their natural skin care products a try and feel good knowing you are taking a step towards healthier, more beautiful skin, while we work together towards a healthier, more beautiful planet.