Mad Hippie Eye Cream 15 ml (0.5 oz.)
Mad Hippie Eye Cream is a rich, conditioning peptide eye cream that liberates your skin from wrinkles, swelling & discoloration by combining the most advanced peptides in skin care with the best natural antioxidants. Mad Hippie gives your skin just what it needs to look its best! Mad Hippie Eye Cream is a natural, revitalizing peptide face cream that reduces the appearance of wrinkles and creates smooth, healthy skin.
- Eyeliss - Triple peptide formula that reduces dark circles under the eyes. Works to strenghten capillaries & veins, while increasing lymphatic drainage & circulation. Effectively increases firmness and elasticity of skin, while reducing swelling.
- Regu-Age - Peptide complex that reduces dark circles and puffiness around the eyes by increasing micro-circulation, protecting integrity of collagen and elastic bundles, while also inhibiting the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Matrixyl 3000 - Naturally stimulates body's production of collagen & elastin, reducing wrinkles and giving skin a lifting effect. Matrixyl 3000 increases skin elasticity and tone, and has been shown to reduce deep wrinkle surface area by 45%, wrinkle density by 37% and skin roughness by 14%.
- Haloxyl - Dual peptide that reinforces firmness and tone while reducing inflammation and dark circles under the eyes by eliminating blood originated pigments responsible for discoloration and localized swelling.
- Chamomile Extract - Provides thin protective shield, while naturally soothing and calming the skin.
- Vitamin K - naturally aids in the healing of varicose veins, age spots, dark circles around the eyes, skin discoloration, sun damage & scarring.
- Retinyl Palmitate - Vitamin A derivative that increases metabolism of skin cells & aids in the natural production of collagen. Increases elasticity and thickness of skin, dramatically reducing the appearance of wrinkles, age spots & uneven tone, while healing and correcting past skin damage.
- Pomegranate - Potent antioxidant that is a high source of ellagic acid, a polyphenol that has been shown to inhibit the growth of skin cancer. Believed to also mediate the effects of ultraviolet rays & skin discoloration.
- Wheat Protein - Strengthens the skin, while helping to retain moisture. Works to tighten skin & increase elasticity, while toning and promoting healing.
- Vitamin B3 - Energizes cells while aiding in metabolism of glucose & synthesis of lipids. Has strong antioxidant & anti carcinogenic qualities and has been shown to reduce the harmful effects of ultra violet rays. Helps even skin tone & reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- Vitamin C - Strengthens skin cells, while reducing the effects of free radical oxidation & preventing pigment discoloration. Helps in the synthesis of collagen, while it works to protect skin against the sun.
- Argan Oil - Natural healing agent from Northern Africa. High source of vitamin E, essential fatty acids & phytosterols. Attributed with naturally healing scar tissue, moisturizing the skin & reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Buckwheat – A native plant in central Asia that dramatically tones skin while reducing dark circles and puffiness around the eyes by strengthening capillary walls, and increasing blood flow & microcirculation.
- White Tea – Strong antioxidant with natural anti-carcinogenic qualities that works to eliminate free radicals, boost immunity of skin cells and prevent UV damage.
- Ceramide - supports the renewal of the skin’s natural protective layer by forming a thin lipid barrier that holds in moisture, while protecting & healing the skin.
- Vitamin E - Contains powerful anti aging & anti carcinogenic properties. Reduces fine lines & wrinkles while it heals and protects skin from UV & free radical damage.
How long does it take to start seeing the effects of Mad Hippie?
The thing you have to remember about skin damage, wrinkles, and other signs of aging, is that they take many years to occur. Treating ailments of the skin through natural ingredients is the safest and most effective means, but one should not expect overnight results. Instead, expect to see marked improvements in 30-60 days, with the full results taking 90+ days. With continued use, you can keep your skin looking healthy, bright and beautiful, regardless of your age.
Should I wear sunscreen while using Mad Hippie?
Absolutely! If you are going to be out in the sun for more than a 10-15 minute stretch, it is a good idea to wear sunscreen. Look for sunscreens that are ALL NATURAL with physical blocking agents such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. The majority of the sunscreens that are not all natural contain chemical blocking agents such as oxybenzone (a chemical that absorbs through the skin and contaminates the bodies of 97% of Americans according to the CDC) and parabens (a hormone blocker that mimics estrogen) that can be more detrimental to the body than the sun itself. So remember when slathering up in sunscreen, GO ALL NATURAL.
What are Peptides, and how do they work?
Peptides are really the newest thing in anti-aging skin care, and due to their high cost & complexity, the effective actives are utilized in only the most premium skin care products. While there are a variety of different peptide complexes, some of the most prominent work in the following ways:
- Produce Collagen - Collagen, made up of long strands of amino acids, is really the main building block of skin, giving the skin its smooth and youthful appearance. As you age, collagen is lost, and this gives way to aged, wrinkled looking skin. When the long strands of amino acids in collagen are broken down, they create small chains commonly referred to as peptides. The presence of these peptides signal that it has lost collagen and the production of more necessary. One of the most effective peptides in skin care, Matrixyl 3000, works to mimic the appearance of this broken down collagen, causing your skin to naturally react by producing more collagen. This particular peptide complex has been shown in studies to be as effective as retinol at healing wrinkles and skin damage, while lacking the irritation and downtime that is often associated with retinoid products.
- Strengthen Capillaries & Increase Microcirculation - When it comes to caring for the delicate skin around the eyes, the peptide complexes Regu-Age & Eyeliss work to effectively increase lymphatic drainage and microcirculation by strengthening veins and capillaries, leading to a dramatic reduction in discoloration & swelling around the eyes. By protecting the integrity of elastin & collagen bundles (two essential elements of the skin), and minimizing the impact of free radical damage, these powerful peptides work to improve skin firmness and elasticity, giving the under eye region a lifting effect, while visibly reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Increase Cellular Communication - The Dermal-Epidermal Juncture, responsible for the structural and functional integrity of the skin, begins to lose functionality around the age of 30. The dual peptide complex Syn-Tacks interacts with the most relevant proteins at the DEJ to dramatically increase cellular communication on a molecular level while also stimulating the production of Laminin V, Collagen type IV, VII, and XVII and Integrin
- Resulting in:
- improved structural integrity
- improved epidermal nourishment
- improved molecular communication within the skin
- Leading to:
- improved skin compactness
- reduced wrinkles
- increased skin tonicity
- increased skin firmness
Where should I keep my Mad Hippie products?
Mad Hippie products can be kept at room temperature wherever you would like. Avoid keeping your products in the heat or exposed to UV rays though.
What order should I use my products in?
If you are using Mad Hippie's full skin care line, apply the vitamin C serum 5 minutes after washing your face thoroughly. Wait 5 minutes after applying the serum & apply the creams. Apply the face cream to the entire face, including eye area, then apply eye cream beside and below the eyes—making sure to rub both creams in well, particularly around wrinkle prone areas.
If just using the creams, wait 5 minutes after washing your face when skin is fully dry to apply.
Mad Hippie is a small, all-natural skin care company that has it's roots in Portland, Maine, though they have recently migrated to Austin, Texas. Their goal has always been to make the safest, most effective products utilizing scientifically advanced actives coupled with Mother Nature's finest antioxidants. By combining more active ingredients at higher concentrations, they aim to improve overall health and beauty of your skin. Leaving out harmful chemicals, parabens, synthetic color and fragrance, Mad Hippie helps your skin achieve true harmony.