Mad Hippie Face Cream For All Skin Types 30 ml (1.02 oz.)
Mad Hippie Face Cream For All Skin Types helps you get younger looking skin, naturally! Mad Hippie Advanced Natural Skin Care reduces wrinkles and discoloration by combining the most advanced peptides in skin care with the best natural antioxidants. Mad Hippie gives your skin just what it needs to look its best! Mad Hippie Face Cream is a natural, revitalizing peptide face cream that reduces the appearance of wrinkles and creates smooth, healthy skin.
- Matrixyl 3000 - Naturally stimulates body's production of collagen & elastin - reducing wrinkles and giving skin a lifting effect. Matrixyl 3000 increases skin elasticity and tone, and has been shown to reduce deep wrinkle surface area by 45%, wrinkle density by 37% & skin roughness by 14%.
- Syn-Tacks - Dual peptide complex that interacts with the most relevant protein structures at the dermal-epidermal juncture to increase structural and functional integrity of the skin. By stimulating production of Laminin V, Collagen type IV, VII and XVII as well as Intergrin, Syn-Tacks tones and firms the skin, framatically reducing the appearance of wrinkles while enhancing cellular communication.
- Coenzyme Q10 - Reduces fine lines & wrinkles by energizing cells and aiding in skin's natural ability to produce collagen, elastin and other crucial molecules. Also inhibits free radical & sun damage.
- Resveratrol - Super potent antioxidant from wine & grapes shown to reduce the effects of aging & UV damage.
- Green Tea - Protects against free radical damage while increasing skin's resilience through its anti-inflammatory & anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Vitamin B3 - Energizes cells while aiding in metabolism of glucose and synthesis of lipids. Vitamin B3 has strong antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic qualities and has been shown to reduce the harmful effects of ultra violet rays, help even skin tone and enhance collagen production.
- Polyphenols - Powerful antioxidant that has been shown to be 50 times more effective at combating free radicals than Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E - Contains powerful anti-aging and anti-carcinogenic properties. Reduces fine lines and wrinkles while it heals and protects skin from UV & free radical damage.
- Aloe Vera - Skin protectant with natural healing qualities. Increases the availability of oxygen to the skin and hence aids in the synthesis and resilience of skin tissue.
- Vitamin A - Nourishes the skin while it counteracts inflammation and protects cell membranes from free radical damage. has been shown to reduce risk of skin cancer and heal sun damaged skin.
- Argan Oil - Natural healing agent from Northern Africa. High source of Vitamin E, essential fatty acids & phytosterols. Attributed with naturally healing scar tissue, moisturizing the skin & reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Grape Seed Extract - One of nature's most potent antioxidants, shown to inhibit UV generated skin damage and protect skin from free radicals.
- Acai Berry - Super antioxidant from Brazil that increases levels hydroxyproline, a vital amino acid required for the synthesis of collagen and elastin.
- Pomegranate - Potent antioxidant that is a high source of ellagic acid, a polyphenol that has been shown to inhibit the growth of skin cancer. Believed to also mediate the effects of ultraviolet rays and skin discoloration.
- Coconut Oil - Moisturizes and soothes skin while creating a lipid barrier that fends off skin damage and combats wrinkles & discoloration while promoting natural healing.
How long does it take to start seeing the effects of Mad Hippie?
The thing you have to remember about skin damage, wrinkles, and other signs of aging, is that they take many years to occur. Treating ailments of the skin through natural ingredients is the safest and most effective means, but one should not expect overnight results. Instead, expect to see marked improvements in 30-60 days, with the full results taking 90+ days. With continued use, you can keep your skin looking healthy, bright and beautiful, regardless of your age.
Should I wear sunscreen while using Mad Hippie?
Absolutely! If you are going to be out in the sun for more than a 10-15 minute stretch, it is a good idea to wear sunscreen. Look for sunscreens that are ALL NATURAL with physical blocking agents such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. The majority of the sunscreens that are not all natural contain chemical blocking agents such as oxybenzone (a chemical that absorbs through the skin and contaminates the bodies of 97% of Americans according to the CDC) and parabens (a hormone blocker that mimics estrogen) that can be more detrimental to the body than the sun itself. So remember when slathering up in sunscreen, GO ALL NATURAL.
What are Peptides, and how do they work?
Peptides are really the newest thing in anti-aging skin care, and due to their high cost & complexity, the effective actives are utilized in only the most premium skin care products. While there are a variety of different peptide complexes, some of the most prominent work in the following ways:
- Produce Collagen - Collagen, made up of long strands of amino acids, is really the main building block of skin, giving the skin its smooth and youthful appearance. As you age, collagen is lost, and this gives way to aged, wrinkled looking skin. When the long strands of amino acids in collagen are broken down, they create small chains commonly referred to as peptides. The presence of these peptides signal that it has lost collagen and the production of more necessary. One of the most effective peptides in skin care, Matrixyl 3000, works to mimic the appearance of this broken down collagen, causing your skin to naturally react by producing more collagen. This particular peptide complex has been shown in studies to be as effective as retinol at healing wrinkles and skin damage, while lacking the irritation and downtime that is often associated with retinoid products.
- Strengthen Capillaries & Increase Microcirculation - When it comes to caring for the delicate skin around the eyes, the peptide complexes Regu-Age & Eyeliss work to effectively increase lymphatic drainage and microcirculation by strengthening veins and capillaries, leading to a dramatic reduction in discoloration & swelling around the eyes. By protecting the integrity of elastin & collagen bundles (two essential elements of the skin), and minimizing the impact of free radical damage, these powerful peptides work to improve skin firmness and elasticity, giving the under eye region a lifting effect, while visibly reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Increase Cellular Communication - The Dermal-Epidermal Juncture, responsible for the structural and functional integrity of the skin, begins to lose functionality around the age of 30. The dual peptide complex Syn-Tacks interacts with the most relevant proteins at the DEJ to dramatically increase cellular communication on a molecular level while also stimulating the production of Laminin V, Collagen type IV, VII, and XVII and Integrin
- Resulting in:
- improved structural integrity
- improved epidermal nourishment
- improved molecular communication within the skin
- Leading to:
- improved skin compactness
- reduced wrinkles
- increased skin tonicity
- increased skin firmness
Where should I keep my Mad Hippie products?
Mad Hippie products can be kept at room temperature wherever you would like. Avoid keeping your products in the heat or exposed to UV rays though.
What order should I use my products in?
If you are using Mad Hippie's full skin care line, apply the vitamin C serum 5 minutes after washing your face thoroughly. Wait 5 minutes after applying the serum & apply the creams. Apply the face cream to the entire face, including eye area, then apply eye cream beside and below the eyes—making sure to rub both creams in well, particularly around wrinkle prone areas.
If just using the creams, wait 5 minutes after washing your face when skin is fully dry to apply.
Mad Hippie is a small, all-natural skin care company that has it's roots in Portland, Maine, though they have recently migrated to Austin, Texas. Their goal has always been to make the safest, most effective products utilizing scientifically advanced actives coupled with Mother Nature's finest antioxidants. By combining more active ingredients at higher concentrations, they aim to improve overall health and beauty of your skin. Leaving out harmful chemicals, parabens, synthetic color and fragrance, Mad Hippie helps your skin achieve true harmony.