Potent Sea - Sea Vegetables - 90 Capsules
PotentSea Organic Sea Vegetable product is 100% natural, no binders, preservatives,exipients etc. All vitamins and minerals are naturally occurring.
PotentSea Sea Vegetables can help you harness the rich nutrients of the sea. Many Asian cultures attribute their long life spans and overall good health to their daily sea vegetable intake.
PotentSea Sea Vegetables contains five of the most nutrient-rich sea vegetables available. All five types of our sea vegetables are certified 100% organic by Q.A.I/O.C.I.A.
Why are PotentSea Sea Vegetables the best?
Each April, when the mineral content is at its annual peak, PotentSea™ Sea Vegetables are all harvested off the coast of Maine in the U.S.A. We store the dried, harvested material in vacuum bags and draw from the stock all year long. This allows us to use raw materials that have a steady consistency of minerals and trace elements. Our competitors harvest all year long off the coast of Ireland. Their product's nutritional value varies greatly throughout the year sometimes it is very poor. PotentSea™ Sea Vegetables, are the only encapsulated sea vegetable product to use 100% domestically harvested and 100% certified organic sea vegetables. This ensures the highest level of cleanliness during harvesting and processing. The organic certifiers test the raw materials rigorously for any pesticides, petrochemicals other other contaminants. We believe that everybody should enjoy the amazing health benefits of sea vegetables, for this reason we work hard to keep our prices as low as possible.
It should be noted that we use: red, brown and green organic sea vegetables such as dulse, kombu, bladderwrack (similar to arame), rockweed and sea lettuce. Many times the product is referred to as a kelp supplement, seaweed supplement or marine algae dietary supplement. But the most correct term is simply sea vegetable supplement.
Benefits of Organic Sea Vegetables
PotentSea Sea Vegetables provide a broad range of health benefits. Sea vegetables provide the most extensive array of minerals found in any food, possessing virtually all of the minerals present in the ocean, the same minerals present in the human bloodstream.
PotentSea Sea Vegetables are an exceptional source of iodine and vitamin K and a very good source of the B-vitamin folate and magnesium. Additionally, they provide a beneficial source of iron and calcium, and the B-vitamins riboflavin and pantothenic acid. Furthermore, sea vegetables contain favorable amounts of lignans, plant compounds that may possess antioxidant activity. Some studies have found a positive association between high levels of lignans in the body with reduced risks of prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, osteoporosis, and cardiovascular disease.
Sea Vegetable Mineral Profile
Organic Sea Vegetables contain many trace elements vital to good health, such as those listed below:
||80 Trace Minerals
||ALA Fatty Acids
||Non Essential Aminos
||Kalinic Acid Flavenoids
||Omega 3's & 6's
PotentSea Sea Vegetables
PotentSea Sea Vegetables contain even amounts of certified organic:
- Kombu also known as kelp, kombu seaweed, kombu cha or kombu sea vegetables, is a member of the brown marine algae family. The thick bladed seaweed grows in many locations. Species and sub-species exist in Japan, China, Korea and Alaska.
- The benefits of kombu are well established. Kombu sea vegetable has been used in the Irish, Japanese and Chinese diets for centuries. It is rich in organic iodine. The health benefits of kombu range from wellness support, to thyroid balance and cancer prevention.
Organic kombu cha is a subspecies of kombu (in strong text) that grows mainly off the coast of China. The wide blades of the kombu marine plant are harvested in the springtime when the nutrient contents are at a peak. The kombu seaweed is then sun dried an
- Dulse, also known as dulse seaweed or dulse sea vegetable, belongs to the red marine algae family. Organic dulse is a wonderful way to naturally fight viral infections. Furthermore, dulse has been widely used for medicinal purposes. The nutritional value of dulse ranges from providing a rich source of potassium to an abundant source of zinc, manganese, calcium and iodine. Many holistic healers turn to dulse as a remedy for the treatment of viral infections. Dulse seaweed is red in color and has a rich marine aroma when dried. The best type of dulse is organic dulse and can be obtained from certified dealers. The “organic” in organic dulse is your best guarantee that the dulse sea vegetable has not been adulterated or treated with any type of chemicals that might effect the dulse nutritional content.
- Sea Lettuce
- Sea Lettuce is a sea vegetable belonging to the green marine algae family. Organic sea lettuce contains high amounts of bio available chlorophyll. Sea lettuce is a delicate green plant that resembles actual lettuce and is harvested in the tide pools off the coast of Maine. The benefits of sea lettuce range from cancer prevention to healthier hair, skin, and nails. Organic sea lettuce is used worldwide in soups and as a garnish. Sea lettuce has a unique aroma and is best used in a dry, raw powder form. When sea lettuce is cooked, it turns brown and develops a slightly bitter taste.
- The delicate nature of sea lettuce makes is difficult to harvest. Sea lettuce harvesting takes place off the coast of Maine in the spring, and can be a daunting and even dangerous task. Pounding surf in the sea lettuce collection area tend to put harvesters at risk.
- Our organic sea lettuce is extremely high in iron and protein (similar to dulse). Other benefits of sea lettuce include high trace marine mineral contents, including iodine, aluminum, manganese and nickel. Like dulse and most of our other sea veggies, sea lettuce provides considerable amounts of dietary fiber (31%). Since our sea veggies are low temp dried in the sun, sea lettuce enzymes remain active.
- Rock weed is a sea vegetable belonging to the green marine algae family. Organic rock weed is a tough green plant which lives in tide pools and is harvested off the coast of Maine. Rock weed contains rich amounts of bio available chlorophyll and resembles string beans.
- The benefits of rock weed range from cancer prevention to better hair, skin and nails. Rock weed has a unique aroma. Organic rock weed is used worldwide in soups and as a garnish. Rock weed has a unique aroma and is best used in a dry, raw powder form. When rock weed is cooked, it turns brown and develops a slightly bitter taste.
- The delicate nature of rock weed makes is difficult to harvest. Rock weed harvesting takes place off the coast of Maine in the spring, and can be a daunting and even dangerous task. Pounding surf in the rock weed collection area tend to put harvesters at risk.
- Our organic rock weed is very high in iron and protein (similar to dulse). Other benefits of rock weed include high trace marine mineral contents, including iodine, aluminum, manganese and nickel. Rock weed provides considerable amounts of dietary fiber (31%). Since our sea veggies are low temp dried in the sun, rock weed enzymes remain active.
- Organic bladderwrack, also known as bladderwrack seaweed or bladderwrack sea vegetable, is at the center of a recent study conducted by the University of California, both the Berkeley and Davis campuses. The study concluded that Japanese women tend to have a far lower occurrence of breast cancer than the average population.
- This conclusion was drawn by chemically analyzing organic bladderwrack and bladderwrack sea vegetables, finding that a bladderwrack rich diet leads to an average longer menstrual period. This results in the occurrence of a lower number of menstruations over the course of lifetime, thus lowering the overall amount of cancer causing hormones in women.
Other benefits of bladderwrack include pH balance and an abundance of organic iodine for thyroid balance. Furthermore, rich concentrations of bio available marine minerals are present in bladderwrack seaweed, and the benefits have been well documented. Many coastal societies have cooked with the brown marine algae for more than a thousand years.
A balanced or alkaline pH promotes wellness and makes your body a less desirable host for pathogens. We harvest and process our wild sea vegetables from the cold, clean waters of Maine in the United States.
The nutrients found in PotentSea™ Sea Vegetables support the body's immune system as well as fight the aging mechanism. Our encapsulated product allows you to take sea vegetables on a daily basis without the labor or preparation and cooking.