Shikai - All Natural Hand & Body Lotion Starfruit - 8 oz. (238 mL)
Your skin deserves the extra moisturizing power of Shikai All Natural Hand & Body Lotion Starfruit. Shikai All Natural Hand & Body Lotion Starfruit's high concentration of pure aloe vera & vitamin E soothes sensitive skin - luxurious shea butter provides that soft and silky feeling - and clinically proven borage oil delivers moisture and relief to dry skin. Rich botanical ingredients in Shikai All Natural Hand & Body Lotion Starfruit keep skin looking supple & young looking.Shikai All Natural Hand & Body Lotion Starfruit provides deep moisturization that lasts all day.
Hand & Body Lotions
- Clinically proven Borage oil moisturizes and helps heal dry skin. Shea butter leaves an extra silky soft feel.
- Certified organic aloe and vitamin E are combined with cocoabutter, wheatgerm, apricot and safflower oils to leave skin smooth, soft and moisturized.
- They smell wonderful and you’ll love the way your skin feels -- so soft and smooth.
What is Borage?
BORAGE (borago officinalis), commonly called "starflower", is a well known herb which can be found in almost all temperate regions of the world. The plant grows 18" to 36" high and spreads 12" to 20" wide. The leaves can become straggly and messy, but its abundant bright blue, star-shaped flowers, which bloom most of the summer, make the plant one of the prettiest and most colorful herbs. It can frequently be found bordering herb and vegetable gardens and it is reported that fields of cultivated borage plants in North America create a vivid green and purple landscape.
Borage is commercially grown for the very valuable oil found in its seeds. The great value of this oil is that it produces the highest yield (up to 24%) of the omega-6 fatty acid, GLA. Among other benefits, GLA is essential for the formation and maintenance of healthy skin cell membranes. SHIKAI Borage Therapy delivers omega-6 benefits directly to the cells for healthier, moister skin.
Benefits - Their Promise to You:
- Each ShiKai product and botanical extract is carefully formulated and manufactured - beginning to end - at their facility in Santa Rosa to ensure the highest quality possible.
- Each ingredient is selected for its effectiveness and safety. Natural ingredients are always preferred and are used whenever they meet this criteria.
- They Don’t Compromise. For example, they use pharmaceutical grade as opposed to cosmetic grade ingredients whenever possible. And they use only the purest, highest grade fragrances. These are more expensive but less likely to cause allergic reactions
among the many people prone to allergies.
- Each ShiKai Product contains a natural ingredient or botanical extract which is responsible for doing what it is the product claims to do. Only high quality ingredients which work are used and in amounts which are effective. No ingredients are added simply for “label claims”.
- In a world of “me too” products, ShiKai stands apart. From the innovative re-creation of perhaps the world’s oldest shampoo (shikakai) and conditioner (amla) to the cutting edge use of the omega-6 fatty acid, GLA, in their best selling Borage Therapy line, ShiKai has forged a different direction. This has resulted in unique and creative uses for these natural resources, more effective natural solutions, and products you won’t find anywhere else.
- For 40 years ShiKai has staked a reputation on the above concepts and philosophy. They are proud of their company and take pride in every single product. They sincerely believe each to be the very best they can possibly make.
ShiKai began 40 years ago. With a vision, hard work, and determination, it’s grown into the company it is today. Dr. Dennis Sepp, an organic and medicinal chemist, began exploring the unique properties of certain plants and their benefits for hair and skin. His first studies were done with shikakai, a plant which grows in India and is well known for it’s ability to clean hair, leave it silky, soft and shiny, and not dry the hair or scalp.
The result was a shampoo which was an immediate hit with friends, family, and local health food stores. Thus, in 1970, the original ShiKai Shampoo was created and a new company formed. Today ShiKai has more than 50 products which are made, start to finish, at the ShiKai facilities in Santa Rosa. Dr. Sepp continues to oversee the formulation and manufacture of all items.