Christmas Rice A Festive Red Rice by Lundberg
Lundberg Family Farms Festive Red Christmas Rice - 16 oz. (1 lb.) 454g.
Lundberg's Christmas Rice is a unique, festive red rice for the holidays or any occasion. Lundberg's Christmas Rice is a delicious whole grain rice that is grown using Lundberg's eco-positive farming methods that improve the soil while protecting the air, water and wildlife. Lundberg cares for their rice from planting to packaging to ensure you always receive the highest quiality rice.
Growing delicious, healthful, gourmet rice and rice blends is Lundberg's specialty. Lundberg Family Farms offers a variety of Certified Organic and Eco-Farmed rice products that have been grown and processed with careful concern for the environment. 100% of electricity used to manufacture Lundberg's Christmas Rice is offset with renewable wind energy.
In addition to Lunberg's self-generation of renewable energy and their purchase of RECs, Lundberg has made significant strides in reducing their electricity and natural gas consumption in their drying, milling, processing, and storage facilities. By upgrading their lighting system, removing unnecessary motors, capturing waste heat, sealing cooling leaks, and other measures, Lundberg has reduced energy consumption by over 12% in the last two years.
Facts About Rice
- Provides fast and instant energy: Stabilizes blood sugar levels and provides an essential source of vitamin B1.
- Rice is the staple food in most of the countries: It is an important cereal crop that feeds more than half of the world’s population.
- Great Energy Source: As rice is rich in carbohydrates, it acts as fuel for the body and aids in normal functioning of the brain.
- Cholesterol Free: Eating rice is extremely beneficial for health, just for the fact that it does not contain harmful fats, cholesterol or sodium. It forms an integral part of balanced diet.
- Rich in Vitamins: Rice is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals like niacin, vitamin D, calcium, fiber, iron, thiamine and riboflavin.
- Resistant Starch: Rice abounds in resistant starch, which reaches the bowel in undigested form. It aids the growth of useful bacteria for normal bowel movements.
- Reduces High Blood Pressure: As rice is low in sodium, it is considered best food for those suffering from high blood pressure and hypertension.
Lundberg Family Farms
Lundberg Family Farms rice products are a delicious part of a healthful lifestyle that embraces wholesome goodness and a healthy environment. Specializing in organic, gluten-free, and whole grain rice products, Lundberg is proud to offer more than 150 healthful rice products for your enjoyment.
Since 1937, Lundberg Family Farms has been using sustainable growing practices to enrich the soils and improve the rice crops.
Lundberg's Mission, Values, & Vision
Lundberg Family Farms is a mission-driven company that holds itself to a high standard in business, environmental stewardship, and the relationships it has with employees and business partners.
Mission - To honor our family farming legacy by nourishing, conserving, and innovating for a healthier world.
Vision - To make a positive impact in the world by building relationships with our customers, enhancing efficient and effective operations, and continuously improving our environmental footprint while delivering on consumer demand for great tasting gourmet rice products.
- Integrity - Lundberg keeps their commitments, comply with laws and regulations and are forthright in their communications.
- Respect - Lundberg treats others as they want to be treated, compensate their stakeholders fairly, care for the environment wisely, and use resources responsibly. Lundberg recognizes that their heritage and reputation continues to support the development of their company. Appreciation, gratitude, and graciousness have been fundamental traits exhibited by the Lundberg family for generations and they believe these are a key to achieving the respect they wish to characterize their company in the future.
- Continuous Improvement - Lundberg endeavors to improve their products, operations, and resources, and will support this will investments in people, equipment, products, and processes. Lundberg celebrates the innovations that their company has made over the years and recognize that their position of leadership in the market will only be maintained through continued improvement and innovation.
- Teamwork - Lundberg success is the result of collaboration between many talented individuals, including employees, growers, vendors, and customers.
At Lundberg Family Farms, they grow, mill, process and pack their own rice and rice products. Lundberg has control of their products from greenhouse to warehouse to ensure quality and great taste in every grain.
Dryer - After the rice is harvested, it is moved to the rice dryer to remove moisture and prepare it for processing. Lundberg's rice dryers are partially powered by a 197kW solar panel array adjacent to the dryer.
Mill - Having the mill right on the farm offers definite advantages. Each identity preserved lot of rice is traceable from planting to packaging. This allows Lundberg to exercise very close quality control. Lundberg is also able to mill on demand, which means freshness for their consumers.
Processing - Lundberg manufactures many rice products in their processing facility which is located on site. Having the facilities to create these products on the farm helps Lundberg ensure quality.
Warehouse - Lundberg's products are made to order and shipped fresh daily from their warehouse. Lundberg's warehouse also has a 185kW roof-mounted solar panel array to offset some of their energy use.
- 1 cup Lundberg Christmas Rice
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Combine rice, water, and butter (optional) in a pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil. Stir once. Cover with lid. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand in covered pot for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, salt to taste (optional).
Serves 4 to 6. (To prepare in rice cooker, use same water-rice ratio).
Cranberry Christmas Rice:
- 1 cup Lundberg Christmas Rice
- 2-1/4 cups broth or water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon Lundberg's Sweet Dreams Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
Combine chicken broth and Christmas Rice in pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 50 minutes. Melt butter in a skillet over high heat. Add onion and rice syrup; cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Slowly cook onion, stirring often for 10-15 minutes until they are carmelized. Stir in dried cranberries, orange zest and carmelized onions into cooked rice.
Serves 4 to 6.
Lundberg recommends refrigeration for extended shelf life.
|Lundberg Family Farms Festive Red Christmas Rice - 16 oz. (1 lb.) 454g|
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup (45g dry)|
|Servings Per Container: 10|
||Amount Per Serving
| Calories from Fat
| Saturated Fat
| Trans Fat
| Dietary Fiber
|*Daily Value Not Established.|
†Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your diet values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Other Ingredients: whole grain Wehani rice.|
Lundberg Family Farms is a family-owned and operated business that is committed to producing the finest quality rice and rice products for your family. Since 1937, the Lundberg family has been growing healthy, great tasting rice while respecting and sustaining the earth.
Today, the third generation carries on the family heritage by using eco-positive farming methods that produce wholesome, healthful rice, rice cakes, rice chips and risottos while improving and protecting the environment for generations to come.
Our headquarters is located at 5370 Church Street in Richvale, California.
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
Looks nice, I haven't cooked it yet!
I cooked this mixed with brown rice, and it was very good. It's a brownish red color and tastes a lot like brown rice.