Badia Organic Whole Flax Seed 22 oz. (623.7 g)
Badia Organic Whole Flax Seed is used as a source of fiber in breads. Flax seed has been widely used in a variety of applications for over 100 years, due to its reputation for cosmetic and health benefits, and as a good source of alpha-linolenic acid. Flax Seed supports cardiovascular health, and is traditional in North American cuisine.
The North American continent is extremely far-reaching, enriched by the cultural diversity of this land made up of immigrants from all over the world. Its fast-paced rhythm and the industrial development have highlighted in this region the modality of fast foods, but the famous hamburgers and hot dogs are accompanied by exquisite dishes and a diversity of cuisines that showcase the continent’s culinary richness, from East to West and from North to South.
- In the Northeast, seafood has a leading role. Nothing compares to a Maine lobster or the famous Clam Chowder, prepared with clams, cream, herbs, potatoes, onions, salt and pepper. From Canada, we receive a rich tradition of cured meats, jams and its famous maple syrup that accompanies salted meals as well as pancake towers for breakfast. In the province of Quebec and its biggest city Montreal, a French influence is evidenced by the typical gastronomy known as Poutinee, which is made up of French fries, meat sauce and pieces of cheese.
- In the Southeast, peanuts, pecans, Georgia peaches and Florida's sweet oranges are famous. Heading to the Gulf Coast, the art of fine cuisine has its most important expressions in New Orleans, where the African and French backgrounds are combined in Cajun and Creole cuisine. It's full of flavors, colors and spices.
- In the Mid-West region, you can indulge in delicious pies made of fresh fruits, which vary according to the season. Wild Rice and other grains are also distinctive to this region of extensive agriculture.
- In the South Central area, you find Texas, Kansas and New Mexico, states that are known for the quality and quantity of their cattle. Beef and ribs cooked on the grill are famous, and are complemented by chicken and seasoned with barbecue sauce. In this area, Mexican influences are also important and you'll find an abundance of chili made with beef, onions and red beans.
- The West Coast is known for its fish and its harvests of a variety of vegetables and fruits. Grapes and wine production is important. Connoisseurs especially enjoy the Napa and Sonoma Valleys of California. A dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast is the Garden Goat Cheese Scramble, made with a mixture of whisked eggs, broccoli, zucchini and yellow squash, served hot with black pepper, chopped dill and pieces of goat cheese on top. Food preparations in southern California is highly influenced by both Central American and Asian cuisine.
Jose Badia left Spain in 1960, looking for new opportunities in the New World. He first landed in Santiago de las Vegas, Cuba, where he became known for his hardware store, Badia & Garrigo. In 1963, with difficulties facing Cuba, Jose emigrated to Puerto Rico and entered the world of spices. After leaving Puerto Rico in 1967, the Badia family looked for new markets in Miami, the land of Cuban immigrants, building brand loyalty. There, Badia begins to grow with the help of another company, and begins to appear on grocery store shelves. Slowly, Badia becomes more popular and well-known, and it spreads to more grocery stores. By 1998, Badia has expanded worldwide. More than 350 UPC’s, placement in 1100 points of sale in the U.S., international markets in three continents, international distribution and a dynamic, high-tech production line with an increase of 28,000 square feet at its new warehouse prove Badia is a great leader in its category.
Badia strives to be the strongest ethnic line of spices in the marketplace, with the most competitive prices and an exceptional selection of products for consumers to choose from.