HMDX Quad Alarm Clock HX-B050 by HoMedics
HoMedics HMDX QUAD Alarm Clock HX-B050
HoMedics' HMDX Quad Alarm Clock brings simplicity and innovation to your bedside. HoMedics HMDX Quad Alarm Clock, along with the entired HMDX Electronics lineup, connects simplicity, innovation, and design to provide you with years of dependability and enjoyment. HoMedics no-hassle autoset HMDX Quad Alarm Clock is equipped with a convenient USB charging port. HoMedics' HMDX Quad Alarm Clock's unique design is sure to add looks and functionality to your bedside.
HoMedics HMDX Quad Alarm Clock Features:
- Dual Alarm with Snooze, Nap, and Gradual Wake
- Convenient Autoset Clock with Large LED Display
- Digital AM/FM Radio with Station Presets
- USB Charging Port For Your Devices
- Battery Backup to Keep Clock and Alarm Time During Power Outage
- Aux-In For Connecting Music Devices
Since HoMedics was founded in 1987, they have become the #1 name in health and wellness. HoMedics' extensive line of personal wellness products allow you to relax your body, renew your spirit and simplify your life. As the innovative leader in self-care, wellness and personal health products, HoMedics continues to strive to provide you with products that promote your well-being.
Changing the Face of Wellness
HoMedics believes that nothing is more important than your health. HoMedics' revolutionary products and ideas have transformed the world of personal wellness for consumers worldwide. And we continue to invest in the latest technological advances to provide you with the most innovative personal well-being products available.
The Quality You Demand
HoMedics stands by their products. Each one is created with the highest quality components and is quality crafted for years of dependable use.
Create Your Own Oasis With HoMedics
HoMedics offers an extensive assortment of personal wellness products that are created to help you restore the balance to your life. With HoMedics products, it's easy to be proactive in the maintenance of your health and well-being. So discover the new era of personal wellness with HoMedics. HoMedics looks forward to bringing you better health for years to come.
Unpack the unit carefully. Remove all of the accessories from the display carton. Do not remove any labels or stickers on the bottom of the unit or adaptor. Before setting up the unit, verify that the following accessories are present:
- Instruction Manual (1)
- AC Power Adaptor (1)
- Main Unit (1)
Replacing Backup Battery If Needed:
This alarm clock is equipped with a battery backup feature (included and already installed) to keep the clock and alarm time during power outage.
- Open battery compartment door located on the back of the unit.
- Please make sure the AC adaptor is connected, otherwise all settings may be lost during battery replacement.
- Insert proper replacement battery (CR2032), checking that the polarity ("+" and "-") matches the drawing near the battery compartment. Close the compartment door.
This unit is supplied with an AC adaptor; take the following steps to connect the adaptor.
- Unwind the cord of the AC adaptor to its full length.
- Connect the AC adaptor to the DC jack on the back of the unit.
- Plug the AC adaptor into a wall outlet. Connecting this system to any other power source may cause damage to the system. For sufficient ventilation, keep other objects at least 4 inches away from the unit.
- To switch the unit off completely, withdraw the AC adaptor from the wall outlet.
Setting Clock Time
This alarm clock is equipped with an autoset clock, meaning the clock will automatically set itself when plugged in. Please note: the clock will automatically default to Eastern Standard Time, but can be adjusted by pressing the TIME ZONE button on the back of the unit. Use the following list to properly select desired time zone:
MANUALLY SETTING THE CLOCK
- Make sure the unit is plugged in, but powered off.
- Press the Clock button located on the top of the unit. Use the Forward and Reverse buttons to adjust the time zone (default is A-2: EST)
- Press the Clock button. The hour will begin flashing. Use the Forward and Reverse buttons to adjust the hour, paying attention to the PM indicator light (upper left corner of the display).
- Press the Clock button to set the minutes.
- Press the Clock button again and the "DAY" icon will begin flashing. Set the day of the week, using 1 for Monday, 2 for Tuesday, 3 for Wednesday, 4 for Thursday, 5 for Friday, 6 for Saturday, and 7 for Sunday.
- Press the Clock button again to exit Clock Setting mode.
This alarm clock is equipped with a 7-5-2 alarm feature which allows an alarm to be set everyday (Sunday-Saturday), weekday (Monday-Friday) or weekend (Saturday and Sunday), which is why properly setting the day of the week is important.
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME & 12/24 HOUR FUNCTION
This alarm clock is equipped with a DST button on the back of the unit, which will move the time forward and backward one hour to observe Daylight Savings Time. When in Daylight Savings Time, the DST icon will appear on the display.
This alarm clock is equipped with a 12/24 hour button on the back of the unit, which can be used to switch between 12 hr. (standard) and 24 hr. (also known as Military) time.
Setting and Using the Alarms
SETTING ALARM 1 or ALARM 2
Please Note: Any time after the alarm is set, simply press the Alarm button to check the set alarm time. The display will show the set alarm time followed by the alarm type (7, 5, or 2-day).
- Make sure the unit is plugged in, but powered off.
- Press and hold the desired alarm button (Alarm 1 or Alarm 2) located on the top of the unit. The hour and alarm indicator will begin flashing.
- Use Forward and Reverse buttons on top of the unit to adjust the hour, paying attention to the PM indicator light (upper left corner of the display).
- Press the Alarm button again to set the minutes.
- Press the Alarm button a third time to select a 7, 5, or 2-day alarm. A 7-day alarm will sound at the same time 7 days a week, 5-day will sound at the same time Monday through Friday, and 2-day will sound at the same time Saturday and Sunday.
- Press the Alarm button to set the wakeup source, using the Forward and Reverse buttons to toggle between FM/AM or BEEP (icons will show on the display to confirm the wakeup source). Press the Alarm button to exit Alarm Set mode.
TURNING OFF THE ALARM/SNOOZE OPERATION
- To turn the alarm OFF while it is sounding, press the A-OFF button on the top of the unit.
- To disable the alarm (turn the alarm off completely), press the Alarm button repeatedly (which toggles through the wakeup sources) until the Alarm icon (AL1 or AL2) no longer appears on the display.
To Snooze, press the Snooze button located on the top of the unit. The alarm will turn off and then sounds again in nine minutes.
Please Note: You may only press the Snooze button during the Alarm mode for one hour (7 times). After the seventh time, the alarm will turn off and will not sound again until the next set time.
Listening to the Radio/Station Presets
Note: For best reception, fully extend the wire antenna. DO NOT strip, alter or attach to other antennas.
- Press the Power button located on top of the unit.
- Press the Source (S) button on the unit to select the AM or FM radio function ("AM" or "FM" will appear on the display).
- Use the Forward and Reverse buttons on the top of the unit to select desired station. Each press of the Forward or Reverse buttons will increase the radio by .1 MHz (1 KHz for AM). If you press and hold the Forward or Reverse buttons, the radio will scan and stop on the next "clear" station.
- While in radio mode, use the Forward and Reverse buttons to select desired station.
- Press and hold the Memory (M) button on the top of the unit.
- Once the display begins flashing, use the Forward and Reverse buttons to set the desired preset number.
- Press the Memory button again to exit Preset Setting mode.
To recall and scroll through preset radio stations, simply press the Memory (M) button on the top of the unit. Each press of the Memory button will recall the next preset station.
Listening to an external audio device
- Using a 3.5mm audio cable (not included), plug in the device via the LINE IN/AUX jack located on the back of the unit.
- Plug the other end of the audio cable into the device.
- Press the Power button located on the top of the unit.
- Press the Source (S) button on the unit until the "AUX" icon appears on the display.
- Press play on the connected device.
Note: You may need to adjust the volume on the device to achieve proper volume.
To adjust the volume, press the "+" and "-" controls on the top of the unit.
The display brightness can be adjusted between Low, Medium, High, and Off. To adjust the brightness of the clock display, press the Dimmer (D) button on top of the unit. This can be done during power off mode.
This alarm clock is equipped with a Sleep Timer (Auto Off) feature, which turns the unit off after a set number of minutes. To set the Sleep Timer:
- While the unit is turned on, select music source (AM, FM, or LINE IN/AUX)
- Press the Snooze (ZZZ) button to enter Sleep Timer mode.
- Press the Snooze button repeatedly to set the Sleep Timer length for 90, 80, 70...10, or 5 minutes. After 5 seconds, the display will return to showing the time.
- The unit will remain on for the set length of time, then will automatically turn off.
USB Charging Port
- This USB port is for charging only. It cannot be used to play music through the unit.
- In order to use the USB charging feature, you must have the proper cord to connect to your device with a USB connector on the other end (not included).
To charge your device using the USB charging port (located on the back of the unit):
- Connect the USB end of the device's cable into the USB port on the back of the unit.
- Connect the other end of the cord to your device to begin charging.
- If your device is not charging, disconnect both ends of the charging cable, then reconnect the charging cable to the charging port and then to the device.
- Use only the size and type of batteries specified.
- When installing batteries, observe proper +/- polarities. Incorrect installation of battery may cause damage to the unit.
- Do not mix different types of batteries together (e.g., alkaline with carbon-zinc or old batteries with new ones).
- If the unit is not going to be used for a long period of time, remove batteries to prevent damage due to possible battery leakage.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire. Batteries may explode of leak.
This product contains small parts that may present a choking hazard for young children.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the manufacturer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Since HoMedics was founded in 1987, the company has developed an extensive line of personal wellness products that allow you to relax your body, renew your spirit and simplify your life. As the innovative leader in self-care, wellness and personal health products, HoMedics continues to strive to provide you with products that promote your well-being. HoMedics offers an extensive assortment of personal wellness products that are created to help you restore the balance between your mind, body and soul. With these products, it's easy to be proactive in the maintenance of your health and well-being.
3000 Pontiac Trail, Dept. 168