Natural Factors - CLA-Tonalin Conjugated Linoleic Acid Blend 1000 mg. - 90 Softgels
Natural Factors CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) is a slightly altered form of the essential fatty acid, linoleic acid. Over 200 studies have shown that CLA may play a very important role not only in weight loss, but in helping to fight cancer, diabetes, and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). In promoting weight less double-blind studies show an increase in lean muscle mass and a decrease in percentage body fat compared to placebo group. The subjects taking CLA also reported less fatigue, dizziness and nausea than those on the placebo.
Researchers believe that CLA helps block fat cells that are in the body from filling up with fat by interfering with a fat-storing enzyme known as lipoprotein lipase as well as by increasing the sensitivity of cells to the hormone insulin. CLA is also believed to help burn fat by revving up muscle metabolism and helping increase lean muscle mass. The more muscle you have, the more calories your body uses in order to function, thereby speeding up the fat burning process.
CLA is found naturally occurring in meat and dairy products when the cattle and cows consume a diet rich in grasses. Now that livestock are primarily grain fed, the CLA has virtually disappeared out of dairy products and the meat we consume. As a result, we may be increasing our risk for obesity, heart disease, and even cancer.
Customers of a Lower Mainland health food retailer have found even more weight loss success when they combined Tonalin™ CLA (2000 mg twice a day) with 250 mg Natural Factors Bromelain and 100 mg Natural Factors Alpha Lipoic Acid in conjunction with an exercise program.
Natural Factors priority is enhancing people's health.
- They offer more than 300 different formulas available exclusively at natural health stores.
- They are family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- They have produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- They grow their own herbs, organically and process them fresh from the fields.
- They test and standardize herbs for total quality control.
- Their science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- They create new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Their laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- They meet or exceed Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements
A quality herbal product starts with the highest quality fresh organic plant material. The efficacy of herbal products has always been affected by growing conditions, harvesting, processing and storage. At Factor Farms in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada our quality can be guaranteed as we control the entire process from seedling to finished product.
To grow herbs organically no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides or pesticides are allowed. We use only natural substances that have been approved by the organic industry. You can be assured that the fresh herb extracts contain no traces of unwanted chemical. Even the seed and plant sources are organic.
To be organically certified, certification inspectors work closely with growers to ensure that the organic standards are adhered to. We must keep detailed records of what we use on our farm. Even after harvest, processing is regulated so that no harmful chemicals are used to manufacture the fresh herb extracts.
Local cultivation of medicinal herbs at Factors Farms ensures that the herbs are picked, processed, and extracted at just the right time when the active ingredients are at their peak.
Natural Factor knows that the natural habitats of many herbs are shrinking and that over-harvesting from the wild can endanger native medicinal plant populations. So organic cultivation of herbs is preferred over "wild crafting".