Thunder Ridge Emu Products Moisturizing Lotion 2 oz. (56.25 ml)
Thunder Ridge Emu Products Moisturizing Lotion is a wonderful moisturizer for dry, aging skin. With daily use you will being to notice softer, younger, healthier looking skin. The skin, being the outer protection of your body, is the first line of defense against the invasion of disease and other harmful elements. Although often neglected, it is essential to maintain good skin integrity. Because of the Essential Fatty Acids naturally present in Emu Oil, the lotion is not only a good moisturizer for dry and irritated skin, but is also a great healer. Combined with Aloe Vera and other nautral ingredients, Thunder Ridge Moisturizing Lotion not only hydrates the skin preventing loss of skin integrity, but is also able to penetrate epidermal skin layers down to the basal layer. Particularly important is the addition of both Sodium PCA and Dimethicone which not only act as moisture barriers protecting the skin, but also draw and bind moisture to the skin.
Thunder Ridge Emu Oil naturally contains Linolenic Acid (Omega 3), Linoleic Acid (Omega 6), and Oleic Acid (Omega 9) along with other Essential Fatty Acids. These Essential Fatty Acids (EFA's) have proven beneficial in aiding the healing process. Often called the "Wonder from Down Under", the Australian Aboriginies have known for centuries that both the meat and oil of the emu possess special properties which explain its role as a traditional Aboriginal food and medicine.
Maintaining hydration, skin integrity and elasticity is essential for the prevention of dry, aging skin. The application of Emu Oil will allow the Essential Fatty Acids to penetrate the epidermal layers of the skin down to the basal layer where it enhances new cell proliferation. The hyper-oxygenation of the fatty acid esters contained in Emu Oil increase the local blood flow in the areas of application, accelerating the healing process.
A growing number of users, including professional sports teams, chiropractors, massage and physical therapists and other medical professionals, report excellent results from Emu Oil and Emu Oil basal rubs. There is clinical evidence that it contains a high level of Lenoleic Acid (Omega 6), a substance known to ease the discomfort of muscle and joint pain. In addition to the healing effects Emu Oil has on the skin and inflamed joints, it is also rich in anti-oxidants which help to slow down the aging process and in some cases actually reverses it. It's anti-bacterial, hypo-allergenic and a natural non-comedogenic. Small Wonder it's a favorite among skin care professionals!
What Is Emu Oil?
Emu Oil is an ancient healing tool first used by the Native Peoples of Australia to treat the skin, muscles, scalp/hair and joints. The oil is a base for a multitude of products including emu oil soap, massage oil, lotions and lip balm.
Emu Oil has demonstrated beneficial improvement for the following problems:
- acne, age spots, arthritis, athletes foot, bed sores, bruises, burns, bursitis
- calluses, carpal tunnel syndrome, chapped lips, conditioning hair, contact dermatitis, cracked skin, cuts & lacerations, dandruff
- diabetic bruising & ulcers, diabetic neuropathy, diaper rash, dishpan hands, dry skin, eczema, eye irritation, fever blisters
- fingernail cuticles, frostbite, gout, gum disease, growing pains, hair loss, headaches, hemorrhoids
- in-grown toenails, insect bites, irritated skin, itching, joint pain, keloids, lumbago, massage
- medication carrier, moisturize skin, muscle pain & spasms, pain relief, pet hot spots, pet injuries & wounds
- psoriasis, radiation burns, razor burn & nicks, recent scars, rheumatism, rhinitis rosacea, scar prevention
- sciatica, scrapes & scratches, shin splints, shingles, sinus headaches, skin rashes, skin grafts, skin hydration
- sore muscles, sports injuries, sprains, stiffness, stretch marks, sunburn relief, surgery scars, swelling
- tendonitis, thin, aging skin, tired feet, varicose veins, wasp, bee stings, windburn, wounds, wrinkles & fine lines
About Thunder Ridge Emu Products
Thunder Ridge Emu Products CEO Anne Geller has raised emus since 1993 on her 30-acre ranch outside of Manassas, Virginia. Today, around 2000 emus --flightless birds native to Australia-- roam freely in large fenced pastures in the foothills of the Shenandoah Mountains. Thunder Ridge is the largest emu farm in the eastern United States. Ms. Geller named the Thunder Ridge farm and her company after the low-pitched thunder sound that female emus make. The Australian aborigines' nickname for the emu is translated as "thunder chicken."
Thunder Ridge's unique all-natural feed program is a customized blend of grains and minerals. Thunder Ridge uses no steroids, antibiotics, growth hormones or animal proteins. All meat and oil products from Thunder Ridge emus are completely drug-free. The American Heart Association recommends emu meat, which is low in fat and cholesterol and high in protein and iron. Top chefs and educated consumers have discovered the taste of emu meat is similar to lean beef.
Emu Oil has been used for thousands of years by Australian aborginees for its moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It is one of the most promising ancient remedies to catch on in this millennium!