Xylitol Chewing Gum Assorted Flavors by Miradent
Miradent Xylitol Chewing Gum Assorted Flavors - 200 Packs
Miradent Xylitol Chewing Gum Assorted Flavors is a dental care chewing gum with 100 % xylitol. The six flavors include spearmint, cinnamon, green tea, fresh fruit, cranberry and peppermint. Miradent Xylitol Chewing Gum helps reduce plaque-forming bacteria and plaque debris. It also helps remineralize tooth enamel and increases salivation, so it is ideal for dry mouth relief. Dispenser box of 200 / 2 piece packs is great for homes and businesses!
- Increases the production of saliva (dry mouth)
- Reduction of plaque deposits
- Reduction of plaque and acid-forming bacteria
- Remineralization of tooth enamel
- Reduction of "caries transmission" from mother to child
Discovered by Nobel Prize winner Emil Fischer around 1900, Xylitol began to be used in foods since the 1960's and has been used widely as a popular sweetener in diabetic diets (minimal effect - glycemic index of 7 - slow, steady release of energy balances blood sugar and insulin levels). More than 48 studies worldwide have been conducted on Xylitol (Carried out partially under the auspice of the World Health Organization (WHO)).
Xylitol is a sugar that does not promote the development of dental caries, unlike frequent between meal consumption of other foods high in sugars and starches that can promote dental caries.
The Benefits of Xylitol - The Ingredient:
- Has an active anti-caries/cariostatic effect by reducing plaque forming bacteria. This is a result of lowering the plaque index (reduces the adhesivity at the macro molecular level and reducing the acidogenicity of plaque with Xylitol's (neutral 7.0 PH levels)). As part of the process, Xylitol stimulates the production or saliva; thereby helping to control dental plaque and mutans streptococci.
- Inhibits plaque formation, [plaque is a biofilm that allows bacteria to adhere to tooth enamel, as well as other pathogenic organisms that can ultimately result in periodontal disease.
The Use of Xylitol in Children - Under Age 12:
Can have particularly long term positive effect on oral well being.
- Children's acceptance & daily compliance of chewing of Xylitol is excellent due to its ease-of-use and great taste.
- Studies have shown xylitol blocks the transmission of mutans streptococci from mother to child.
Studies have shown that with regular use of Xylitol chewing gum there is a long-term effect that may reduce the risk of dental caries.
The Benefits of Xylitol - In Geriatrics:
- Holds and keeps the aging related salivary mutans at a steady level.
- Eases xerostomia caused by the intake of medications which causes a reduction of saliva in the elderly population.
Xylitol's - Low Caloric Value:
- A better alternative for keeping weight down vs. traditional high calorie sugar based chewing gums
- Xylitol is an excellent low calorie sugar substitute (up to 40% less calories) due to the fact that the human body utilizes the chemical slowly and incompletely; therefore, reducing its caloric value.
Positive oral effects that have been reported are a remineralizing effect on tooth enamel (depending on daily usage), acting as a periodontal prophylaxis and can have a compounding effect on the benefits of fluoride.
Use immediately after eating and clear the mouth with swishing water.
Adults: 3 times/day x 2 pieces
Children: 3 to 5 times/ day x 1 piece
Chew miradent Xylitol Chewing Gum until taste disappears. The use should be spread out over the day (10gm to 40gm).
|Miradent - Xylitol Chewing Gum Assorted Flavors - 200 Packs|
|Serving Size: 1 Piece (1.08g)|
||Amount Per Serving
|*Daily Value Not Established.|
†Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your diet values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Other Ingredients: Xylitol, Gum Base, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Glycerin, Gum Arabic, Soy Lecithin and Beeswax.|
The team miradent prophylaxis of Hager & Werken has worked extensively in the past 15 years involved in the development of professional products for the prophylaxis. These products are developed in practice and has been continuously optimized. Professional Products need professional advice. With Hager Pharma, we have been active in pharmacy distribution since the year 2008. This company started with our miradent products and is now active with a small, but extra interesting product range.
13322 Byrd Drive
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
I am so happy that I found this product! I appreciate the quality gum, it's good for you and it has a variety of flavors, easy to carry some in my purse, easy for my quests to enjoy and I don't mind if my kids chew it because it's good for their teeth! I am very happy that lucky sells these, I will be a regular customer buying them! They are of great quality and I would never buy store brands again which are bad for you anyhow, these are perfect! It's worth the money, you get a lot of them, I highly recommend you try them! I hope they come up with more flavors in the future and maybe the price go lower? I wonder if they would consider adding b vitamins to them especially the high quality of B vitamins like the Methlcobolmin and the P5P B6 etc!
I find this chewing gum to have a comparable taste to name brand chewing gum, although the sweet taste dissipates faster. Knowing that it won't harm your teeth is a definite plus. This gum is a little harder than some other gums, but it's not a big issue. I do have one complaint: my box of gum was shipped to me in a bubble-wrap envelope; the package arrived having been smooshed, so the convenient dispenser feature of the box containing the gum was wrecked. I removed all the gum and placed it in a bowl. I recommend that Lucky Vitamin ship this item to customers in a box to safeguard against this largely forseeable/predictable outcome.
Jury is still out on these. I'm trying to wean off sugarless gum...these are good for about 6 chews...I use gum as a mouth refresher...maybe 6 is enough...but I'm not giving it a high rating yet.
I have had this gum before from my dentist office and it was awesome, thats why I ordered my own but the box that arrives is really stale. It's actually so stale that I can't even chew it.