Cacao Powder by Dagoba Organic Chocolate
Dagoba Organic Chocolate Cacao Powder - 8 oz. (226 g)
Dagoba Organic Chocolate Cacao Powder feeds the soul the chocolate it needs. Dagoba Organic Chocolate Cacao Powder is scientifically known as "Theobroma cacao, " which translates literally into "food of the Gods." Dagoba Organic Chocolate Cacao Powder is speculated to have originated near the Orinoco basins of South America. From these auspicious beginnings they offer you their natural cacao powder. Dagoba Organic Chocolate Cacao Powder is perfect in any recipe calling for either cacao or cocoa powder. Dagoba Organic Chocolate tastes particularly great in cakes, truffles and even drinks.
Fair Trade Overview
Fair Trade Certification empowers farmers and farm workers to lift themselves out of poverty by investing in their farms and communities, protecting the environment, and developing the business skills necessary to compete in the global marketplace.
Fair Trade is much more than a fair price! Fair Trade principles include:
- Fair price: Democratically organized farmer groups receive a guaranteed minimum floor price and an additional premium for certified organic products. Farmer organizations are also eligible for pre-harvest credit.
- Fair labor conditions: Workers on Fair Trade farms enjoy freedom of association, safe working conditions, and living wages. Forced child labor is strictly prohibited.
- Direct trade: With Fair Trade, importers purchase from Fair Trade producer groups as directly as possible, eliminating unnecessary middlemen and empowering farmers to develop the business capacity necessary to compete in the global marketplace.
- Democratic and transparent organizations: Fair Trade farmers and farm workers decide democratically how to invest Fair Trade revenues.
- Community development: Fair Trade farmers and farm workers invest Fair Trade premiums in social and business development projects like scholarship programs, quality improvement trainings, and organic certification.
- Environmental sustainability: Harmful agrochemicals and GMOs are strictly prohibited in favor of environmentally sustainable farming methods that protect farmers' health and preserve valuable ecosystems for future generations. TransFair USA, a non-profit organization, is the only independent, third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in the U.S. and one of 20 members of Fairtrade Labeling Organizations International (FLO). TransFair's rigorous audit system, which tracks products from farm to finished product, verifies industry compliance with Fair Trade criteria. TransFair allows U.S. companies to display the Fair Trade Certified label on products that meet strict Fair Trade standards.
- Fair Trade Certification is currently available in the U.S. for coffee, tea and herbs, cocoa and chocolate, fresh fruit, sugar, rice, and vanilla.
Dagoba Organic Chocolate's quest for chocolate is driven by their insistence on the highest quality organic ingredients and production processes. In their Ashland, Oregon facility they manufacture their bars in small batches with great attention to detail. If quality is missing, nothing else matters. They are satisfied that their efforts are being rewarded with a shower of recognition.
Dagoba is dedicated to The Art of Chocolate Alchemy
Dagoba Organic Chocolate was founded by Frederick Schilling in 2001. He was on a mission to create exceptional chocolate - made from the finest organic ingredients - to benefit people and planet. Searching through rainforests for exquisite cacao Frederick was inspired by the soul & spirit of cacao as well as its history and the farmers who grow it. His reverence for pure cacao and adventurous palate brought to life exotic flavors such as lavender blueberry, chai and xocolatl. With the support of friends and family the company quickly grew with the first organic chocolate bars poured and wrapped by hand. Dagoba's pure & exotic chocolate is now available nationwide at specialty grocers, natural stores and cooperatives, as well as other fine chocolate establishments.
Dagoba is dedicated to The Art of Chocolate Alchemy - transforming cacao beans, the sacred seed of the cacao tree, into edible gold. Dagoba Organic Chocolate was founded by Frederick Schilling in 2001. He was on a mission to create exceptional chocolate - made from the finest organic ingredients - to benefit people and planet. Searching through rainforests for exquisite cacao Frederick was inspired by the soul and spirit of cacao as well as its history and the farmers who grow it. His reverence for pure cacao and adventurous palate brought to life exotic flavors such as lavender blueberry, chai and xocolatl. With the support of friends and family the company quickly grew with the first organic chocolate bars poured and wrapped by hand.
Dagoba's passion for the environment inspires their pursuit of Full Circle Sustainability, whereby they strive to achieve high standards in Quality, Ecology, Equity and Community. Dagoba is working with cocoa cooperatives in Costa Rica to sponsor re-forestation programs, partnering with urban greening programs in the US, purchasing green power for their manufacturing plant and creating recycled content packaging with soy based inks.
Dagoba invites you to uncover your senses and savor slowly to explore a moment of pure perfection. Help Dagoba widen the circle - share Dagoba's Organic Chocolate with friends and family!
Apply when baking or making drinks when needed. Enjoy!
Allergy Information: Manufactured on the same equipment that process tree nuts.
|Dagoba Organic Chocolate Cacao Powder - 8 oz.|
|Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon (5 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 45|
||Amount Per Serving
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your diet values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
|Other Ingredients: Organic Cocoa|
About Dagoba Organic Chocolate
At Dagoba, we are dedicated to the art of chocolate alchemy - transforming cacao beans, the sacred seed of the cacao tree - into edible gold. Dagoba organic chocolate was founded by Frederick Schilling in 2001. At Dagoba, we seek fine-flavor, organic, sustainably grown cacao from producers that reinvest in communities and the environment. Our products are crafted in small batches using pure & exotic organic ingredients blended in perfect balance.
1105 Benson Way
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
Very satisfied with this product as well.
of all the cocoa this one has the best flavor for smoothies, baking, etc.
This organic Chocolate has a very good taste however it does not mix well unless put into a blender
I use this in my smoothie also, but I am not sure what this does for me. I do take it as I was told it is so good for you. I like healthy organic foods and by some one I highly look up to, they suggested this to also be put in my smoothie. It is very strong chocolate, so I only put a teaspoon in at a time. I started with 1 T. and it was way to strong.
This cacao is very tasty! It is easy to mix into warm almond milk or a smoothie for added antioxidants and yumminess.
Love this-much better than cocoa powder. The flavor is better I think-not roasted.
This stuff is worth the price- love to make low carb treats and get all the great things in it for you - it's organic.
Rich cocoa taste. Perfect addition for baking, yogurt. I even mix it with peanut butter. I think this cocoa is delicious and healthy.