Source Naturals Coenzymated B-6 Sublingual 25 mg 120 Tablets
Source Naturals Coenzymated B-6 Sublingual 25 mg 120 Tablets: The Benefits of Source Naturals Coenzymated B-6 Vitamins In order for vitamins to be utilizied by the body, they must first be converted into their active coenzyme forms. Source Naturals Coenzymated B-6 goes directly into your bloodstream in its active form, ready to go to work immediately. This avoids the loss that may occur not only during digestion, but during the liver's conversion process as well. Pyridoxal-5'-Phosphate (PLP or P-5'-P) is the main metabollically active coenzyme form of vitamin B-6. It is primarily in the liver that P-5'-P is synthesized from pyridoxine, with the help of enzymes that require B-2, zinc and magnesium for their activity. P-5'-P is associated with numerous enzymes, many of which are involved in the conversion of amino acids into the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin. P-5'-P is also required for the synthesis of the hemoglobin molecule.
Source Naturals Coenzymated Sublingual B-Vitamins A Radical Step In The Evolution of Vitamin Supplements
Coenzymation is a term Source Naturals has coined to describe a nutritional strategy that is based on a profound understanding of human biochemistry and how vitamins really work in the body. The strategy of providing vitamins that are already in their active coenzyme forms, and combining them with the superior bioavailability of the sublingual delivery system, creats a nutitional shortcut that gives you results that are immediate, experientalm and powerful.
Source Naturals Coenzymated Sublinguals: An Unprecedented One - Two Punch
Coenzymated Sublingual B Vitamins simultaneously address the two primary reasons people do not get the full nutritional value from vitamin supplements:
- In order for our bodies to utilize the vitamins in our food our supplements, the vitamins must survive the journey throguh our digestive tract. This results in only partial absorption.
- The portion that is assimilated into the bloodstream must first go to the liver (via the prtal vein), where the vitamins get Coenzymated, that is, converted into their active coenzyme forms for use in our cells. This process is essential for our bodies to perform in health and vitality at optimal levels.
The Enzyme/Coenzyme Connection
The millions of continuously occurring biochemical conversion necessary to sustain life can only happen in the presence of enzymes. Typically, enzymes are made up of two components: the apoenzyme and the coenzyme. The apo-enzyme is a protein that identifies which molecule needs to be converted. the coenzyme (the active form of a vitamin) is like a switch that activates, or turns on, the enzyme. So typically, without coenzymes, enzymes don't work. And with out enzymes, all human biochemistry screeces to a holt.
It is a know fact that as people age, their ability to produce enzymes decreases dramatically. Coenzymes are generally made from B-vitamins such as:
- B1 thaimin
- B2 Riboflavin
- B3 Niacin
- B5 Panthothenic Acid
- B6 Pyridoxine
- B12 Cobalamin
In some instances instead of coenzyme, a mineral acts as the switch to activate the enzymes such minerals include:
An enzyme activated by a mineral is called a metallo enzyme. In some cases, both a coenzyme and a mineral are needed, e.g. alcohol dehydrogenase the enzyme needed to break down alcohol needs the coenzyme form of vitamin B3 (NAD) plus zinc to do its job.
The Importance of Getting B Vitamins at their best
Along with CoQ10, the B-vitamins and their coenzyme forms are necessary for energy production as part of the Krebs' and glycolyte cycles. These two biochemical cycles are responsible for 90 to 95% of all the energy needed by the body. The coenzyme B vitamins are intricately involved in the synthesis of proteins, hormones, and prostaglandins, and the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats. They are also responsbile for the conversion of various amino acids into neurotransmitters (brain chemicals necessary for all our mental functions and processes).
Source Naturals' Coenzymated Sublingual line includes:
- Coenzymated B1 - Cocarboxylase or Thiamin Pyrophosphate (TPP), is a critical link between the body's main sugar burning cycle the glycolytic cycle and its main energy producing cycle the Krebs' cycle, and plays key roles in the Krebs' cycle itself. In addition, TPP participates in the conversion of amino acids into energy and is a key coenzyme in the pentose phosphate pathway, which provides red blood cells with their energy. TPP is also critical in fatty acids synthesis, synthesis of the key neurotransmitter acetylcholine (from cholline), and for nerve cell membrane function (critically important since the nerves' messages must pass along its cell membrane).
- Coenzymated B2 - Flavin Mononucleotide (FMN), also called riboflavin phosphate, is essential to normal cellular energy production. It is the precursor for B2's other coenzyme, FAD. FMN is necessary for fatty acid and amino acid synthesis, for the conversion of vitamin B6, Pyridoxine, into Pyridoxal, a key step in converting B6 nto its coenzyme form, and as a cofactor in the process of "burning" Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) for fuel, as in intensive althletic workouts. FMN is also involved in the liver's mixed function oxidase system, one of the body's main detoxification pathways, and the FAD activated enzyme helps recycle glutathione reductase back from oxidized gluthatione.
- Coenzymated B3 - Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD) is the most plentiful coenzyme in the hyman brain, where it helps generate the enormous energy the brain requires. It is critically involved in the main interlocking cellular energy prodcution cycles, the glycolytic cycle, the Krebs' cycle, and the eletron transport system, where food is converted to energy. NAD is crucial for the synthesis of serotonin (the calming neurotransmitter), alcohol metabolism, drug detoxification in the liver, DNA synthesis (the building blocks of our genetic code), carbohydrate metabolism, red blood cell formation, and prostaglandin, cholesterol, steroid hormone, and fatty acid production.
- Pantethine Coenzyme B5 Precursor - is a precursor to Coenzyme A. Pantethine is a combination of two molecules of Pantetheine, which is itself a combiation of Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) and beta mercaptoethylamine, two of the key parts of Pantetheine, which is itself a combination of Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) and betamercaptoethylamine, two of the key parts of Coennzyme A. Coenzyme A is intricately involved with energy prodution, being the critical starting point in the Krebs' cycle. Panthethine also has its own unique function in the body: helping to maintain balanced cholesterol levels.
- Coenzymated B6 - Pyridoxal 5' Phosphate (P-5-P), is the coenzyme for all the enzymes invlolved in transamination reactions (reactions in which various amino acids are cnverted into each other as needed). P-5-P is also critical for the production of hemoglobin in red blood cells, as well as fatty acid and prostaglandin metabolism. In addition, it is necessary for neurotransmitter production, playing key roles in dopamine, noradrenalin, serotonin, GABA, and glutamate metabolism. These are among the most important nerurotransmitters in our brain chemistry.
- Coenzymated B12 - or Dibencozide (deoxyadenosyl cobalamin), is involved in methionine and choline metabolism, red blood cell formation, and maintaining the integrity of myelin (a fatty insulation that covers some nerves), as well as promoting normal folic acid metabolism. It also helps convert BCAA’s (Branch Chain Amino Acids) into their keto-forms, suitable as endurance energy fuels.
- Coenzymate B Complex - This is the shining star in Source Naturals’ stellar lineup. Because the coenzymes of B-vitamins work very closely together in numerous functions, each depending on the other, this broad-spectrum, balanced combination offers all the benefits of the individual Coenzymated B-vitamins, as mentioned above, and then some. Coenzymate B Complex provides the full spectrum of not only Coenzymated B-1, B-2, B-3, B-6 and B-12, but also includes Folic Acid, Biotin, “flush-free” Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, and Inositol, as well as Coenzyme Q10. When human metabolism is not compromised by limited supplies of coenzymes (which, unfortunately, can be common these days), the sense of well-being, energy and clarity that comes from all systems working in synergy is ours to experience. Source Naturals Coenzymated sublingual B’s represent a quantum leap in the art and science of quality vitamin supplementation.
Leaders of the Wellness Revolution
Source Naturals was created in 1982 by C.E.O Ira Goldberg to support each individual’s potential to enjoy optimal health. At that time, the kind of nutritional formulations he envisioned – for the maintenance of well-being and the enhancement of life – simply didn’t exist. The idea of combining many nutrients, herbs and nutraceuticals in one formulation, though common today, was then a rarity. Source Naturals pioneered the concept with Wellness Formula, now the industry’s #1 immune support product. Source Naturals subsequently introduced numerous award-winning formulas, recognized for their excellence in independent surveys and nutritional analyses. In addition to Wellness, these award-winners include Life Force Multiple, Mega-Kid Multiple, Inflama-Rest, the Skin Eternal line, Higher Mind, Essential Enzymes, Male Response, and more.
Source Naturals’ comprehensive Bio-Aligned Formulas help bring the power of alignment to your body. When formulating, Source Naturals evaluates the underlying causes of system imbalances, and then provides targeted nutrition to interdependent body systems. Source Naturals' line of more than 600 products also includes well-researched, single entity nutrients in their highest quality and most bioavailable forms. Source Naturals nutritional supplements are at the leading edge of today’s Wellness Revolution. This transformation in health consciousness also includes new perspectives in diet, lifestyle, emotional and spiritual development, and complementary health care. Source Naturals Strategy for Wellness is to provide education that empowers individuals to take responsibility for their health, rather than relying solely on outside medical authority. The result is people who are more productive and fulfilled, and a world that is stronger and healthier.