Men's Extra Strength Hair Regrowth Treatment by Rogaine
Rogaine - Men's Extra Strength Hair Regrowth Treatment Unscented One Month Supply - 2 oz. (60 mL)
Rogaine Men's Extra Strength Hair Regrowth Treatment Unscented is clinically proven to regrow hair in men with hereditary hair loss and help reverse its progression. Rogaine Men's Extra Strength Hair Regrowth Treatment Unscented contains the FDA-approved topical ingredient minoxidil, and, like Men's Rogaine Foam, Rogaine Men's Extra Strength Hair Regrowth Treatment Unscented works to enlarge shrunken follicles (increasing their size). This allows for normal healthy hair to develop over time.
Rogaine Men's Extra Strength Hair Regrowth Treatment Unscented Highlights:
- 5% Minoxidil Topical Soution
- Clinically Proven to Help Regrow Hair
- Reactivates Hair Follicles to Stimulate Regrowth
- #1 Dermatologist Recommended Brand
They know that millions of guys experience some form of male pattern baldness. You're not alone, by any stretch. But now that you're doing something about it, how can you get the best results? Use Rogaine faithfully, every day (once in the morning and again at night) and apply it directly to your scalp. Make Rogaine part of your daily routine, just like brushing your teeth. By doing so, you're giving yourself, and your hair, the best plan for success.
It's also important to remember that you didn't lose your hair overnight, and you won't regrow it overnight. It's the same with Rogaine. While Rogaine starts to work immediately, it could take an average of 4 months to see real regrowth—and real results.
Some things you can expect as you begin your Rogaine routine:
- During the first few weeks of use, there may be a temporary increase in hair shedding.
- This is a good sign and means that the new growth cycle is beginning!
- Older hairs you would have lost are making way for the new healthy ones. Eventually, new growth will appear.
- Early hair regrowth is soft and colorless, like peach fuzz.
- With continued use, new hairs should be the same color and thickness as your other hair.
- If you do not see results after 4 months of twice daily usage applied directly to your scalp, talk to your doctor.
Above all, keep up your routine. Just like brushing your teeth, it's easy to do twice a day and you'll feel good about sticking with the program.
What Causes Hair Loss in Men?
Although there are several causes of hair loss, male pattern baldness (also referred to as androgenetic alopecia or hereditary hair loss) accounts for the majority of hair loss in men. It is usually triggered by a combination of hormonal activity and heredity, which together cause the hair follicles in your scalp to shrink. Over time, the progressive shrinking of certain scalp follicles leads to a shortening of the hair's growing cycle. Hair becomes thinner and shorter, until there is no growth at all.
Facts about Male Pattern Baldness
- There are several causes of hair loss. However, male pattern baldness is the most common type of hair loss and is typically permanent. It accounts for the majority of hair loss in men.
- Male pattern baldness is a condition that can be inherited from either the mother's or father's side.
- Male pattern baldness can start in your teens, 20s or 30s.
- Male pattern baldness affects up to one-third of all men.
- By the age of 50, approximately 50% of men have significantly thinning hair.
- It's not normal to lose 150 or more hairs a day.
Rogaine Men's Hair Regrowth Treatment Foam Unscented FAQ's
Does exposure to the sun make hair thinning worse?
No, the sun will not make hair thinning worse, but it is a good idea to protect your scalp from the sun with a hat or sunscreen.
Can I still use my regular styling aids, like hair spray or gel, when using Rogaine?
You may follow your normal hair care routine when using Rogaine. However, you should apply Rogaine first and wait for it to dry before applying your styling products.
Can I apply Rogaine to wet hair?
The people in their clinical studies were advised to completely dry their hair and scalp before applying Rogaine. However, that's not always possible. They suggest that you at least towel-dry your hair before applying Rogaine, so that your hair is no longer dripping.
Can I blow-dry my hair after applying Rogaine Extra Strength Solution?
Yes. It's fine to blow-dry your hair; however, they recommend using your dryer at a lower setting.
Celebrity stylist Thom Priano has more tips for looking your best with thinning hair.
Can I get my hair wet after applying Rogaine?
You can go swimming/go out in rain as long as you use good judgment. Avoid washing off Rogaine. If possible, apply Rogaine to a dry scalp after swimming. Try not to let your scalp get wet from the rain after applying Rogaine.
What type of shampoo should I use?
You should use a shampoo that cleanses your scalp well and a conditioner that is light and won't weigh down hair. Rogaine is the maker of PRogaine, a volumizing shampoo for thinning hair. You can buy PRogaine by clicking at Rogaine Direct.
What is Rogaine?
Rogaine is the first FDA-approved topical treatment that is clinically proven to regrow hair. Rogaine helps to reverse the progression of hereditary hair loss.
How does Rogaine work?
In hereditary hair loss, a combination of heredity, hormones, and age causes a progressive shrinking, or miniaturization, of certain scalp follicles. This causes a shortening of the hair's growing cycle. Over time, as the active growth phase becomes shorter, the resting phase becomes longer. Eventually, there may be no growth at all. The exact mechanism of action of Rogaine is uncertain. However, researchers believe that Rogaine works in part by partially enlarging the hair follicles and reversing the miniaturization process. By enlarging miniaturized follicles, the growth phase of the hair cycle is prolonged, allowing the hair to become longer and thicker looking. And with more follicles in the growth phase at the same time, it is possible to see improved coverage of the scalp.
See for yourself how Rogaine works.
What's the difference between Rogaine Foam and Rogaine Solution?
Men's Rogaine Foam and Men's Rogaine Extra Strength Topical Solution both contain 5% minoxidil—the only FDA-approved topical ingredient that is clinically proven to regrow hair. However, Men's Rogaine Foam is the only FDA-approved hair regrowth foam. Because it's a foam, not a solution, it is applied differently. The foam is gently massaged into the scalp in contrast to Rogaine Extra Strength Topical Solution—where an applicator (dropper) is used to apply the solution onto the hair loss area.
What are the most common side effects of Rogaine?
Some people may experience a dry, itchy scalp and irritation.
Are there any medications that may interact when I'm using Rogaine?
To their knowledge, there are currently no known drug interactions associated with medications taken by mouth and the use of Rogaine. You should not use Rogaine if you are using other topical medicines on the scalp.
What is the shelf life of Men's Rogaine?
The shelf life of Rogaine Solution is 3 years. The shelf life of Rogaine Foam is 2 years.
How soon can I expect results?
Most men see results in 4 months. Your results and success may depend on proper application and dosage: remember to apply Rogaine twice a day, every day, directly to the scalp. If you do not see any results after 4 months, speak with your doctor.
Is there a way to know that Rogaine is working?
There are a few signs that let you know Rogaine is at work on your hair follicles. For example, during the first few weeks of use, there may be a temporary increase in hair shedding. This is a good sign and means that the new growth cycle is beginning, and the older hairs you may have lost are making way for the new healthy ones. Eventually, new growth will appear. This is encouraging and means that Rogaine is actually stimulating regrowth—and reversing the progression of hair loss. Remember, not everyone responds to Rogaine and individual results will vary. If hair loss continues after 2 weeks on Rogaine, stop using and talk to your doctor.
I just started using Rogaine and I've noticed that my hair loss has increased. Is this typical?
Rogaine stimulates hair follicles to shift from the resting phase to the growth phase. Thus, it is not uncommon to see a temporary increase in shedding during the first 2 weeks using Rogaine. This occurs in some people as the new hair pushes out the older hairs, when the hair follicle shifts into the growth phase. It is very much like losing baby teeth to make room for adult teeth. This increase in shedding is only temporary and should subside within a couple of weeks with continued treatment. Please note, however, if increased shedding continues for longer than 2 weeks, you should consult your doctor to rule out other possible medical problems.
What can I expect my newly grown hair to look and feel like?
Rogaine regrows hair that is healthy and thicker looking. Although the earliest hair growth you see may be soft and downy, further treatment produces new hair with the same consistency as the other hair on your scalp.
How long should I continue to use Rogaine?
Hereditary hair loss is a lifelong condition requiring continuous use of Rogaine. Make it a part of your daily routine—just like brushing your teeth. Apply directly to your scalp—twice a day, every day.
To learn more about what you can expect while using Rogaine, click here.
I missed a dose of Rogaine. Will my hair loss start again?
If you miss 1 or 2 doses of Rogaine, just continue with your next regular dose. They do not recommend that you try to make up for missed doses. One or 2 days of not using Rogaine will not affect your long-term hair regrowth as long as you resume regular use.
What happens if I stop using Rogaine?
Continued use of Rogaine is needed to maintain hair regrowth. If you stop using it, the normal hair loss process will start again. You will probably lose your newly regrown hair within 3 to 4 months. So, you'll want to make Rogaine part of your daily routine.
How long can I use Rogaine?
Their clinical studies did not go beyond 48 weeks. However, there is no limit on how long you may use Rogaine. Continued use is necessary to increase and keep your hair regrowth, or hair loss will begin again.
Rogaine is the first topical brand FDA-approved to regrow hair in both men and women. In clinical testing, Men’s Rogaine Foam regrew hair in 85% of men after 4 months when used twice daily.
With more than 20 years of results and over 20,000 people in clinical trials, Rogaine is the #1 dermatologist-recommended brand for hair regrowth.
Rogaine helps reverse the progression of hereditary hair loss, and with Men’s Rogaine Foam, Rogaine continues to lead the way in topical products for regrowing hair. Plus, Men’s Rogaine Foam goes on easy and dries quickly.
- Apply one mL dropped 2 times a day directly onto the scalp in the hair loss area
- Using more or more often will not improve results.
- Continued use is necessary to increase an keep your hair regrowth, or hair loss will begin again.
Men's Rogaine is for men who have a general thinning of hair on the top of the scalp (vertex only, as shown below). Not intended for frontal baldness or a receding hairline. Men's Rogaine has been shown to regrow hair in men with the following degrees of thinning hair or hair loss.
For external use only. For use by men only.
Flammable: Keep away from fire or flame.
Do not use if
- you are a women
- your hair loss is on the front of the scalp. 5% minoxidil topical foam is not intended for frontal baldness or receding hairline.
- you have no family history of hair loss
- your hair loss is sudden and/or patchy
- you do not know the reason for your hair loss
- you are under 18 years of age. Do not use on babies and children.
- your scalp is re, inflamed, infected, irritated, or painful
- you use other medicines on the scalp
Ask a doctor before use if you have heart disease
When using this product
- do not apply on other parts of the body
- avoid contact with the eyes. In case of accidental contact, rinse eyes with large amounts of cool tap water.
- some people have experienced changes in hair color and/or texture
- it takes time to regrow hair. Results may occur at 2 months with twice a day usage. For some men, you need to use this product for at least 4 months before you see results
- the amount of hair regrowth is different for each person. This product will not work for all men.
Stop use and ask doctor if
- chest pain, rapid heartbeat, faintness, or dizziness occurs
- sudden, unexplained weight gain occurs
- your hands or feet swell
- scalp irritation or redness occurs
- unwanted facial hair growth occurs
- you do not see hair regrowth in 4 months
May be harmful if used when pregnant or breast-feeding.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Before use, read all information on carton and enclosed booklet.
- Keep the carton. It contains importat information.
- Hair Regrowth has not been shown to last longer than 48 weeks in large clinical trials with continuous treatment with 5% minoxidil topical solution for men.
- In clinical studies with mostly wite men aged 18-49 years with moderate degrees of hair loss, 5% minoxidil topical solution for men provided more hair regrowth than 2% minoxidil topical solution.
- Store at controlled room temperature 20°C (68° to 77°F)