- Attach the AC adapter to the DC jack located in the back of the unit.
- Plug the AC adaptor into a 120V household outlet.
Setting Clock Time - Autoset Feature
For your convenience, the Eclipse is equipped with an autoset clock, meaning the clock will automatically set itself when plugged in (sets to EST). To select your time zone, simply press the TIME ZONE button located on the back of the unit to toggle between time zones until the LED display shows the correct time.
Manually Setting the Clock
To manually set the clock, press the TIME SET button. The hour will begin flashing. Using the FORWARD and REVERSE buttons, set the hour as desired.
- Please Note: the Eclipse alarm clock is equipped with a 12/24 clock option. When in 12-hour mode, please be sure to check the PM indicator on the LCD to ensure that the proper time is set (AM or PM). Press the TIME SET button again to repeat steps above to set the minute.
- Note: You can press the FORWARD and REVERSE buttons to scroll quickly to your desired hour/minute.
The Eclipse is also equipped with a 7-5-2 alarm which means that you can set the alarm to wake to the same time seven days a week, five days a week (such as Monday through Friday) or two days a week (such as Saturday and Sunday). In order for the 7-5-2 alarm feature to work, you must properly set the day when setting the clock time to ensure the alarm will sound on the desired days. To set the day, press the TIME SET button again and, using the FORWARD and REVERSE buttons, set the day of the week, using a 1 for Monday, 2 for Tuesday, 3 for Wednesday, 4 for Thursday, 5 for Friday, 6 for Saturday, and 7 for Sunday. Once you have successfully entered the proper day, the 7-5-2 alarm can be used properly.
12/24 Hour Setting
The Eclipse is equipped with a 12/24 display setting. To switch between 12 and 24 hour modes, simply press the 12/24 button on the back of the unit.
Daylight Savings Time
The Eclipse is equipped with a Daylight Savings Time feature to adjust the clock without having to manually adjust the clock without going through the Time Set menu. To adjust the clock for Daylight Savings Time, simply press the DST button on the back of the unit and the time will automatically adjust. The DST indicator will light up to ensure that the DST feature has been enabled.
Setting The Alarm
Press Alarm 1 or Alarm 2 button to set the desired alarm. To adjust the alarm time, press and hold the TIME SET button and use the FORWARD or REVERSE buttons to adjust the hour. Press and hold the TIME SET button again and use the FORWARD and REVERSE buttons to adjust the minute. The Eclipse alarm clock is equipped with a 7-5-2 alarm feature, which means the alarm can be set to go off at the same time seven days a week (7), Monday through Friday (5), or just on the weekends (2). To adjust the 7-5-2 alarm feature, press and hold the desired alarm button and use the FORWARD and REVERSE buttons to adjust to the desired alarm setting. To disable the 7-5-2 alarm feature, simply slide the "HOTEL" switch on the back of the unit to the ON position. This will allow the alarm to only be set to sound once. To see the current settings for either alarm, press and hold the desired alarm button and the settings will appear on the LCD. Once the proper alarm has been set, the alarm indicator will light up to ensure the alarm has been set.
Gradual Wake Feature
To ensure a non-jarring wakeup, the Eclipse alarm clock is equipped with a Gradual Wake feature, which means that the alarm will begin to sound at the set alarm time, but will start out at a low volume and slowly get louder and louder over a two minute ramp-up.
Operating the Snooze Feature
To operate the snooze feature when alarm is sounding, press the SNOOZE button on the top of the unit. The alarm will turn off and will sound again after 9 minutes. The snooze feature will only work for one hour after the set alarm time. For instance, if the alarm is set for 9:00 a.m., the user can press the snooze button several times, however the alarm will be disabled after 10:00 a.m. and will not sound again until the next programmed alarm time (for instance, the following morning.
Turning the Alarm Off
Once the alarm sounds, you can either press the Snooze button or turn the alarm off. To turn the alarm off, press the ALARM OFF button on the top of the unit. This will turn the alarm off and the alarm will not sound again until the next programmed alarm time.
Operating the USB Chargin Port Feature
The Eclipse alarm clock is equipped with a USB charging port on the back of the unit for charging cell phones, MP3 players, or other mobile devices. To charge your device, simply plug the USB end of your device's charging cable (not included) into the USB port on the back of the unit. Plug the other end of the cable into your device. Check the device to ensure that it's charging. If not, unplug the cable from the USB port and plug it back in and check the connection of the cable to your device.
- Please Note: this USB port is for charging only and will not play audio from any cell phone, MP3 player, or other mobile device.
Adjusting the Dimmer Feature
To adjust the brightness of the clock display, press the DIMMER button until the desired brightness is reached.
Battery Backup Feature
The Eclipse alarm clock is equipped with a battery backup feature that will keep the clock time during a power outage. For your convenience, the backup battery comes already installed in the Eclipse alarm clock.
- Please Note: the product will not operate on the backup battery. Backup battery is only for keeping the time if the unit is unplugged or during a power failure.
Replacing the Backup Battery:
- Open the battery compartment cover located on the back of the unit
- Remove the old battery and replace with a new battery of the same size/type. Be sure to insert the battery the correct way, observing the polarities (+/-) noted in the battery compartment. The battery backup feature will not work if the battery is inserted incorrectly. Inserting the battery incorrectly could also result in damage to the product and may cause the battery to leak or explode.
- Close the battery compartment cover.