Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor BPA-060 by HoMedics
HoMedics Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor BPA-060
HoMedics is the #1 preferred brand of blood pressure monitor. HoMedics Blood Pressure Monitor features Smart Measure Technology which enables the blood pressure monitor to automatically inflate and deflate at the appropriate level. HoMedics Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor utilizes advanced technology that has been clinically proven to meet the standards of the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) and the European Society of Hypertension (ESH).
HoMedics Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor Features:
- Clinically Proven Accuracy with Smart Measure Technology
- One-touch operation for easy use
- Fits most arm sizes, includes 2 cuffs
- Easy to read jumbo digits
- Risk Category Index compares readings to defined levels established by the U.S. National Institutes of Health
- 100 Memories / 2 Users
- Date and time stamp
- Memory averaging function
- Batteries and storage bag are included
- 5 year warranty
Clinically Proven Accuracy with Smart Measure Technology
Advanced Smart Measure Technology enables the monitor to automatically inflate and deflate at the appropriate level for each individual. The result is a personalized, accurate and comfortable blood pressure and pulse reading.
Two Arm Cuffs Included To Fit Most Arms
Using the correct cuff size is critical to obtaining an accurate blood pressure reading. This monitor comes with both standard and large size cuffs to fit most arm sizes.
Blood Pressure Monitors
Maintain your body’s wellness with a HoMedics manual or automatic blood pressure monitor. HoMedics' wrist and arm blood pressure monitors use Smart Measure Technology to measure your blood pressure safely, easily, and accurately.
What is Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure is the pressure exerted on the artery walls while blood flows through the arteries. The pressure measured when the heart contracts and sends blood out of the heart is systolic (highest) blood pressure. The pressure measured when the heart dilates with blood flowing back into the heart is called diastolic (lowest) blood pressure.
Why Measure Your Blood Pressure?
Among today's various health problems, those associated with high blood pressure are very common. High blood pressure dangerously correlates with cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, blood pressure monitoring is important for identifying those at risk.
Blood Pressure Standard
The table below is criteria for hypertension that is publicly available from the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH). Users can compare their own blood pressure readings against these established criteria to determine if they may be potentially at increased risk. This table is applicable to most adults aged 18 and older. Blood pressure tends to go up and down, even in people who normally don't have high readings. If your numbers stay above the "normal" range most of the time, you may be at increased risk and should consult your physician.
||Less than 120
||Less than 80
|High Blood Pressure
||160 or higher
||100 or higher
Although one can easily find where their own blood pressure reading fall on the above table, this monitor comes equipped with a Risk Category Index that automatically compares each reading to this criteria and provides a helpful cue if your reading falls into one of the stages that could potentially indicate increased risk.
Since HoMedics was founded in 1987, they have become the #1 name in health and wellness. HoMedics' extensive line of personal wellness products allow you to relax your body, renew your spirit and simplify your life. As the innovative leader in self-care, wellness and personal health products, HoMedics continues to strive to provide you with products that promote your well-being.
Changing the Face of Wellness
HoMedics believes that nothing is more important than your health. HoMedics' revolutionary products and ideas have transformed the world of personal wellness for consumers worldwide. And we continue to invest in the latest technological advances to provide you with the most innovative personal well-being products available.
The Quality You Demand
HoMedics stands by their products. Each one is created with the highest quality components and is quality crafted for years of dependable use.
Create Your Own Oasis With HoMedics
HoMedics offers an extensive assortment of personal wellness products that are created to help you restore the balance to your life. With HoMedics products, it's easy to be proactive in the maintenance of your health and well-being. So discover the new era of personal wellness with HoMedics. HoMedics looks forward to bringing you better health for years to come.
How This Blood Pressure Monitor Works
This monitor uses Smart Measure technology to detect your blood pressure. With on touch of a button, the cuff will automatically inflate to block the blood flow through your artery. Next, the deflation process starts. Smart Measure technology enables the monitor to automatically inflate and deflate to the appropriate level for each individual. Please note that any muscle movement during inflation or deflation will cause measurement error. When measurement is complete, the monitor will display your systolic pressure, diastolic pressure, and pulse readings.
The monito automatically finds where your measurement results fall on the NIH's National Heart Lung and Blood Institute's table and provides a cue if your reading falls into one of the stages that could potentially indicate increased risk.
Please refer to the instruction guide included with the Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor for additional information on setting up, operating, cleaning, and troubleshooting your monitor.
When using your blood pressure monitor, basic precautions should always be followed. Please read and follow all instructions and warnings before using this product. Save the included instruction booklet for future reference.
- Please note that this is a home healthcare product only and it is not intended to serve as a substitute for the advice of a physician or medical professional.
- Do not use this device for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or disease. Measurement results are for reference only. Consult a healthcare professional for interpretation of pressure measurements. Contact your physician if you have or suspect any medical problem. Do not change your medications without the advice of your physician or healthcare professional.
- Proper cuff size is critical for accurate measurements. Follow the instructions in the manual and printed on the arm cuff to ensure the appropriate size of cuff is being used.
- This product is not suitable for people with arrhythmias. This device may have difficulty determining the proper blood pressure for individuals with irregular heartbeat, diabetes, poor circulation of blood, kidney problems or for users who have suffered from a stroke.
- The pulse display is not suitable for checking the frequency of heart pacemakers.
- Electromagnetic interference: The device contains sensitive electronic components. Avoid strong electrical or electromagnetic fields in the direct vicinity of the device (e.g. mobile telephones, microwave ovens). These may lead to temporary impairment of measurement accuracy.
- Use blood pressure monitor only for its intended use.
- Do not wrap the cuff around body parts other than your arm.
- Not for use by or on persons under the age of 18.
- Do not plus or unplug the adapter power cord with wet hands.
- Please use only the AC adapter included with this monitor or 1.5V AA alkaline batteries for power supply.
Blood pressure measurements determined with this device are equivalent to those obtained by a trained observer using the cuff/stethoscope auscultatory method, within the limits prescribed by the American National Standard, Manual, electronic, or automated sphygmomanometers.
HoMedics Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor Includes:
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- Standard and Large Size Arm Cuffs
- Standard Size Fits 9" - 13" (23 cm - 33cm)
- Large Size Fits 13" - 17" (33cm - 43cm)
- Storage Bag
- 4 AA Batteries
- Instruction Manual
Since HoMedics was founded in 1987, the company has developed an extensive line of personal wellness products that allow you to relax your body, renew your spirit and simplify your life. As the innovative leader in self-care, wellness and personal health products, HoMedics continues to strive to provide you with products that promote your well-being. HoMedics offers an extensive assortment of personal wellness products that are created to help you restore the balance between your mind, body and soul. With these products, it's easy to be proactive in the maintenance of your health and well-being.
3000 Pontiac Trail, Dept. 168
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.