NOW Foods Green Tea Extract 60% 400 mg - 100 Capsules
NOW Green Tea extract is standardized to 40% catechins to provide maximum benefits. Now Foods Green Tea Extract has become a benchmark antioxidant based on its high concentrations of polyphenols, a powerful class of bioflavonoids that have been shown to greatly assist in the destruction of oxidation forming free radicals. Although it's commonly used in teas, aromatherapy and tinctures, the highest concentrations can be found in capsule form.Likely Users:
People wanting antioxidant protection; Those trying to control cholesterol; People with high levels of inflammatory iron, including eaters of red meat; Those seeking to avoid caffeine, but wanting the benefits of green tea. Key Ingredient(s):
Green tea extract (Camellia sinensis) 400 mgMain Product Features:
- Total EGCg content: 50% (200 mg.) (Epigallocatechin gallate, a Catechin)
- Total Catechins content: 80% (by HPLC method) (Catechins are a form of Polyphenol)
- Total Polyphenols content: 98% (by UV method) Polyphenols, especially catechins (including EGCg), are the main active ingredients in green tea, which act as antioxidants and bind iron, which may prevent some iron-dependent inflammation.
Less than 1% caffeine content, naturally occurring (versus one cup of green tea’s roughly 40 mg. of caffeine). There should be only around 3 mg. of caffeine, per capsule.Other Important Issues:
Amount to Use:
- Highest dose in one capsule.
- Vegetarian form.
- One capsule contains as much EGCg as about three cups of green tea.
- Green tea may correct cholesterol imbalances by raising HDL and lowering LDL cholesterol, while preventing LDL from oxidizing. Oxidized cholesterol is a key risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Green tea may also be a mild anticoagulant, or “blood-thinner”.
- Green tea has been shown to help maintain levels of desirable intestinal bacteria.
One or more Vcaps a day, preferably with meals. Three to four capsules would provide about the same antioxidant benefits as ten cups of tea, an amount used successfully in some studies. Complimentary Products:
Other antioxidants including Vitamins A, C and E, selenium, alpha lipoic acid, NAC, grape seed and skin extracts, pycnogenol and pine extracts, pomegranate and various berries. Cautions:
Due to the lack of any substantial amount of caffeine in this formula, most of the usual tea cautions are not applicable. While the mild anticoagulant effects will not normally affect most people to any great degree, some caution should be used if taking blood-thinning drugs. Green tea may help the effects of chemotherapy drugs while preventing the normal tissue damage from these drugs. Please notify your physician about your supplement use if you are using any drugs!How much caffeine is in your Green Tea capsules, and what is the level of active components?
NOW Green Tea Extract capsules contain less than 16mg of caffeine per capsule, or less than 4% of the capsule’s content. NOW Foods follows AHPA (American Herbal Products Association) rules and we declare caffeine content on our labels. Studies have identified a number of different components in Green Tea Extract that may be responsible for its benefits. The most prevalent compounds are polyphenols, of which catechins are the most important. Green Tea Extract capsules contain an average of 40% catechins, and 11% is EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gall:" ":companies utilize a chemical extraction process that uses ethylene acetate, but this process may leave a residue and is not as safe as carbon dioxide extraction. Decaffeinated Green Tea is our only Green Tea product that is free of caffeine.What is EGCg?
EGCg is a very concentrated green tea extract containing (minimum) 98% Total Polyphenols, 80% Total Catechins, and 50% EGCg, all important antioxidants. This formula contains less than 4 mg. of caffeine, per capsule. NOW's Mission
The NOW mission is - To provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives. NOW Foods is an award-winning and highly respected manufacturer of vitamins, minerals, dietary supplements and natural foods.
In 1948, with the natural food and supplement industry in its infancy, entrepreneur Paul Richard paid $900 for the purchase of Fearn Soya Foods—a Chicago based manufacturer of grain and legume-based products. This began a six-decade legacy of providing health-seeking consumers with high-quality, affordable nutrition products. History of NOW
In 1968, NOW Foods was founded under the belief that good health was not a luxury available only to the wealthy. For the past forty years, NOW has made it their life's work to offer health food and nutritional supplements of the highest quality, at prices that are fair and affordable to all those who seek them. Today, NOW Foods is one of the top-selling brands in health foods stores, an award-winning manufacturer, a respected advocate of the natural product industry, and a leader in the fields of nutritional science and methods development. And while NOW has grown considerably over the past four decades, one thing has never changed – NOW's commitment to providing products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.NOW Commitments
- Customer Focused and Information Driven - NOW believes that their products, services, and the decisions they make should be primarily influenced by the desires and needs of NOW customers. The decisions that NOW makes should be based on accurate information and therefore NOW places a high value on knowledge and learning within their organization.
- Quality and Value Oriented - Acting in the best interest of NOW customers, NOW endeavors to produce the highest quality products at competitive prices. NOW's first priority is to maintain quality where it counts the most – in the products. NOW's exceptional cost-conscious team of employees then focuses their energies on driving costs down. Nurturing this competency of value drives NOW's ability to provide high quality products at the very best prices.
- Natural is Better - NOW is convinced that natural products are better than their synthetic counterparts and produce better results in human health. Therefore, wherever possible, NOW strives to provide products that contain natural ingredients because they are better for their customers.
NOW's experienced professional and technical staff formulates their products to be of the highest quality. NOW has a group of biochemists, chemists, nutritionists, and food technologists who review current science and nutritional parameters, and formulate our products to be effective for the intended use. NOW's structure/function claims are based on science for active ingredients, and on nutritional science for nutritional content. Serving sizes are based on doses from clinical studies and other published data. NOW's contemporary formulas are designed to meet the health and wellness needs of today’s consumers. NOW uses ingredients that have bee:" ": other lab studies conducted on their ingredients and their formulas. Best science is used to support best formulations which lead to best quality. NOW products are constantly being tested in clinical trials conducted at top universities and research centers around the country and in various parts of the world. NOW products are being tested to determine such things as effectiveness for joint support, quality of life for cancer patients, cardiovascular support, and athletic endurance. Effective products mean health and wellness benefits, which mean quality.GMP Quality Assured
NOW’s GMP certification covers standard operating procedures, employee training, product specifications, expiration dating, vendor certifications and much more. Standard operating procedures include sampling and testing incoming materials according to NOW Foods specifications, inspecting manufacturing processes, and testing finished products to specifications. Tests include organoleptic evaluation (human senses such as sight, taste, smell), physical testing of tablets and capsules, chemical identity of ingredients, potency and contamination testing by the company’s in-house state-of-the-art analytical testing lab, as well as microbiological testing by NOW Foods’ in-house rapid analysis microbiological lab.