HomeoPet Healing Cream 14 Grams
HomeoPet Healing Cream is a homeopathic first aid anti-infective healing cream. HP Healing Cream can be used as an anti-infective first aid tool to promote healing wounds, cuts, burns and bites. HP Healing Cream seals in moisture, and the homeopathic effect is transferred over the entire wound. Homeo Pet uses no steroids or other anti-inflammatory effects, thus speeding healing, and may be mixed with conventional antibiotic therapy to enhance its effect. Healing Cream acts as barricade under which cell regeneration can go unhindered and speed the closure and bridging of wounds, and can be used externally on open or bandaged wounds (liberal application is recommended under bandages). Cream has been shown in clinical use to be effective on previously unresponsive wounds and ulcerations. Healing Cream works with patient's healing mechanisms by enhancing and balancing them.
- Aconitum Napellus 3x: Used for conditions that start suddenly, often triggered by a cold wind or exposure to cold. Treats acute fevers. Used in the first stage of any condition or illness, even at the stage where one thinks there is something going on, but is not sure. It has particular application in the onset of sudden fever relating to injury. Conditions susceptible to the action of this treatment often begin after midnight, and often times, conditions will be found in animals in the morning that were not there the night before. This ingredient is also indicated in conditions that onset after shock or fright, e.g. burns from shock of electricity.
- Arnica Montana 3x: Used for conditions, including mastitis, that occur from injury commonly associated with bruising, giving it the common name Brusiewort or Fall Herb. It is also indicated for the treatment or prevention of foul or putrid septic conditions following a minor cut, crack, graze, wound, fall, blow, or bruising. The injury can also be related to shock, trauma, and even emotional shock seen in some animals after rough handling. The animal does not want the affected area touched and can be averse to the approach of someone. Very occasionally, the opposite holds where an animal has an area that is badly injured and yet acts like it has not been injured; Arnica is once again indicated. The site of injury can often be a long way from the presenting problem, for example a cut on leg followed by mastitis – apply cream to both affected areas. It is indicated in abscesses or boils that do not mature and burst.
- Arsencium Iodatum 6x: Has a reputation for use in conditions where there are acrid discharges (burning of hair and skin) that often smell bad. Swollen glands are an indication for its use, as are skin lesions similar to Psoriasis. Eczema is a further indication for Arsenicum Iodatum. Patients that respond to Arseniucm Iodatum are often thin, and restless to the point of hyperactivity, with swollen glands. Open ulcers often respond to its use.
- Belladonna 3x: Used for conditions where there is a fever with a bounding pulse, often with the local area being hot, flushed, red and swollen, and often the whole animal can be in this state. This is one of the main treatments for acute fever, as the signs suggest. The bounding pulse can be seen in the neck particularly. A notable feature is that the head is often warmer than the legs and body. The eyes often have a wild look as the pupils dilate with the fever, accompanying injury or infection. The redness often appears in streaks. Affected areas are congested. Sunburn, sunstroke and other inflammations in hot weather conditions can also indicate the need for Belladonna. Animals, though normally placid, can be fractious, even aggressive, with twitching, as in Eclampsia (milk fever due to primarily to Calcium deficiency). Affected areas are hot to the touch.
- Bellis Perenis 3x: Used for conditions involving injury, thus the common name “Wound-wort" or "Bruise-wort.” Very like Arnica, it is used for repairing deeper tissues affected by injury or inflammation, i.e. injuries from road traffic accidents. It is also very important in the deep bruising that occurs in the birth canal and its associated regions during delivery, giving this cream an indication for use in areas that are bruised, damaged or torn during delivery. Useful for inflammation and infection coming on around these events or similar tissue injuries, especially a blow in any species.
- Bryonia 3x: Bryonia is indicated for sprains and arthritis, with stiffness that is worse with movement. It is indicated where the condition causes the affected animal not to want to move, and often the animal is worse when it moves even slightly. The animal or human needing the action of Bryonia will lie on the painful area; a sign to look out for as this will respond to the Bryonia portion of the Healing Cream complex.
- Calendula Offcinalis 3x: From the same family as Arnica and Bellis P, Calendula is used for conditions where laceration or tearing occurs. Calendula has soothing properties with no inherent irritation and is useful in all conditions where the skin is damaged or affected. It helps the healing of tissues both before and after inflammation, abscessation, such as occurs in mastitis. It favors correct granulation and closure of wounds, and has antiseptic properties that will reduce the tendency to pus or clot formation. It has a positive action in abrasions, burns, cuts, fever, fistula, glandular swellings, Injuries, lacerated tissue, muscle, perineal vulval & nipple injury, puncture, surgical and other wounds, as well as ulcerations. This Healing Cream component is from a member of the Marigold family and speeds the healing of skin and wounds in general. Various species of Marigolds have been shown to have anti-viral, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and keratolytic properties, which is the basis of Marigold therapy that is used in the treatment of foot problems in humans.
- Chamomilla Matricaria 3x: Used for conditions where the patient is irritable from the pain of the condition, particularly where the animal bites, scratches, pecks or kicks (depending on species) due to the pain of the condition. Colic can be an associated feature for conditions where this works. The area becomes very sore and inflamed, being particularly tender to the touch. It is a member of the Composite family of healing plants to which Arnica, Bellis Perennis, and others belong.
- Echinacea Angustifolia 3x: Used for its antiseptic and immune properties. It is of prime importance in the treatment of septic conditions that tend toward gangrene and septicaemia, when neglected. Its use ranges from acute to septic conditions, particularly when associated with a fever. It has an additional benefit where initial causation is bites by insects, animals or even snakes. Its immune effects extend to cases of staphylococcal infection, such as MRSA’s, and other complaints that affect the skin, or immunity in general.
- Echinacea Purpurea 3x: Used in a similar fashion to Echinacea Angustifolia, but the fevers tend to be lower and last longer. Both are sometimes seen as interchangeable despite the difference in the fever type. Both forms of Echinacea are particularly useful in cases with fever and Staphylococcal infection, including Mastitis. They are also noted for their immune supportive action acting as a preventative for mastitis.
- Graphites 8x: Graphites Black Pencil Lead Also called Plumbago, more commonly known as black pencil lead, a form or pure carbon that contains a small amount of iron. Its prime use in this cream is as an antipsoric, used for eczema, psoriasis, or herpes, characterized by eruptions and itching. Its initial use was discovered in a mirror factory where workers rubbed it on their skin for “tetters,” an old English word for the group of conditions indicated above. It is particularly useful for cracked fissured skin. Graphites is also particularly useful in the treatment of scars, especially in combination with Silicia as in the Healing Cream. An odd symptom that can specifically indicate the need for treatment with Graphites is the alternation of skin and digestive disorders.
- Hamamellis Virginia 3x (Witch-hazel): Used particularly for conditions associated with bleeding, with a specific action on blood vessels, which is shown in the deep red color of the original homeopathic tincture. Used to treat venous congestion, evidenced by larger than normal veins in the affected region or where veins are painful hard and knotty—application of cream is indicated. Hamamellis has many other properties in common with Calendula, including its use in burns (including sunburn) and injury. Is wonderful for the removal of bruising, along with Arnica.
- Hepar Sulphuris 3x: Used where there is a tendency to great pus formation (clots in milk or in abscess discharges), often with great pain. It is also known for its ability to get pus out of an affected gland or abscess, and restore normal function. The affected area, and often the whole patient, are over-sensitive to touch. In fact, the whole animal is often described as “touchy” at best, downright dangerous at worst, when touched. It is excellent for sore, cracked nipples.
- Hypericum Perforatum 3x: Used where conditions are more painful than one would expect. It excels for the treatment of wounds, particularly lacerated and puncture wounds, even mores so when in combination with Calendula, giving the cream the property of being easier to apply after each application. Useful for fresh scars that are painful, or old wounds or injuries that remain painful, even when the wound has healed. The prime action of Hypericum is on nerve endings where they are alight from injury.
- Lachesis 8x (Lachesis muta muta) (bushmaster): Diluted venom of snake is used in source material – no trace of venom present in final product. Lachesis is used in malignant septic states, similar in appearance to those that onset after a snake bite. Often wounds progress to a gangrenous state, with a blue or purpling of the udder and ending with collapse, then cardiac and respiratory failure in neglected cases. An odd feature here is that symptoms are often worse on the left side of the animal. Gangrenous conditions are often a feature of E.Coli type infections. Conditions that respond to Lachesis are better for being allowed to discharge and worse if the flow of discharge is suppressed.
- Ledum 3x: Indicated for use in wounds, particularly puncture wounds like those from a nail, which are surprisingly cool to the touch and rapidly develop into a foul smelling abscess. These signs are often accompanied by swelling, red spots, and a rash similar to skin that has had contact with poison ivy.
- Millefolium 3x: Used for injuries and complaints that are associated with excessively free bleeding. It also has application where conditions are accompanied by the onset of convulsions or tremors, such as the drop in milk yield associated with eclampsia. Application of cream to skin can help locally with healing.
- Mercurius Solubilis 6x: Used where there is a painful, bad smelling discharge or wound with a greenish or bloody tinge. When affected with such an infection, the animal can be downright dangerous. Those who respond particularly well are very often fast on their feet. The infection can also be associated with bloody, mucousy diarrhea with straining, which, like the discharge, can have a greenish color. In severe cases there is often profuse salivation and ulceration of the mouth, similar to what occurs in calici virus in cats. Often Mercurius conditions and patients are worse when the animal comes into heat.
- Phytolacca 6x: Used for glands that become swollen and hot. It is a pre-eminent treatment for mastitis and mammary gland disorders, usually with radiating pains. The gland, if left untreated, becomes extremely tender, swollen and can progress to become stony hard with enlarged lymph glands. The affected area can develop a purple tinge; the teats or nipples, if affected, become cracked and very sensitive. It is used where the milk turns watery and bloody or becomes clotted. It can also aid in the removal of old scarring in affected mammary glands (udder in large animals). There is often stiffness where this treatment is indicated. This is primarily a glandular treatment ideally suited to the udder and its problems in mastitis. It has many other symptoms in common with Mercurius.leading to it often being called vegetable mercury.
- Ruta Graveolans 3x: Used for its effects on ligaments and connective tissue in general. Its action helps in supporting the udder through mastitis. It also helps the prevention and, where formed, promotes resorption of nodules. It improves the elasticity of ligaments including those in mammary or udder tissues, helping its recovery during and following mastitis by stopping the udder from developing permanent hardness of affected quarters or stopping those glands/quarters from dropping. Ruta is a wonderful remedy for sprains, along with Bryonia Arnica and Rhus Tox, giving the Healing Cream an application for joint sprains or affected ligaments.
- Rhus Toxicodendron 3x: Used for rashes on the skin that can range from urticari, to being red and swollen with crusts, and from being much like a cold sore in a human to chickenpox, which is similar to what occurs with Bovine Herpes Mammilitis. Animals benefiting from this are often stiff, and like all other symptoms is worse for cold, damp weather and on first rising, as is often seen in mastitis cases. It also benefits skin where pus has replaced the vesicles and eroded the hair. The rash is very itchy and animals that are affected will tear at themselves, while cows and large animals that are affected will kick their udders.
- Silicia 3x: Used to stop the development or promote the resorption of pus where it has already formed. It acts to help with the expulsion of foreign bodies, such as thorns. It also helps with the healing of fistulas and sinuses on any part of the body, more particularly the udder in large animals. Animals that are chilly and seek heat particularly benefit from Silicia’s action. It helps with the removal of scarring, and can, in some cases, restore function to a damaged mammary gland (an almost dead quarter in cattle) due to abscess formation during mastitis, or large wounds that have healed poorly. It is used for cases of mastitis where the milk either has clots or has gone thin. It helps abort the suppurative stage of mastitis with its pus formation, and restores the udder and milk to normal. In farm animals it promotes a normal Somatic Cell Count (SCC), particularly when used in conjunction with Sulphur and Carbo Veg (SSC). It can be very helpful in summer mastitis (caused by Actinomyces Pyogenes, previously Corynebacterium Pyogenes), as well as chronic mastitis where the udder develops induration (hardness) and lumpiness due to numerous focal abscesses.
- Stellaria Media 3x: Used for its healing effects, particularly on skin. It acts on cuts, burns, and bruises, as well as rheumatic symptoms, the latter appearing as the stiffness often accompanying mastitis.
- Sulphur 3x: Sulphur, like Graphites, is a major antipsoric, making it useful for eczema, psoriasis, or herpes characterized by eruptions and itching. Sulphur conditions usually smell, but the smell can be washed off with shampoos, soaps, etc., yet within a few days the strong smell from the condition will return. It is also an abscess remedy, making it useful for mastitis, particularly summer mastitis where the milk is usually thick and pussy, containing thick clots and curds, as well as foul smelling. The teats can be cracked, especially around the base, and the cracks can bleed. Like Phytolacca, and Silicia - Sulphur can help in the treatment of subclinical and chronic mastitis. It is good for clearing out the udder and is particularly helpful in doing so in scruffy, dirty animals whose mastitis tends to onset in hot periods. Sulphur is particularly useful in animals that are averse to heat and seek shade in hot weather. The abscess discharges or milk curds often have a creamy yellow colour like Sulphur itself. Patients that are inquisitive and can’t be kept clean often respond well to sulphur. Within a few minutes after grooming, they are unkempt and with just a little access to dirt, they are filthy again.
- Symphytum 3x: Symphytum is commonly known as” bone-knit,” making the Healing Cream of use where bones are bruised, fractured, or otherwise injured, especially when used alongside HP Trauma –First Aid. It is used for bruising that goes right down to, and includes, the bones. It is also known as the Arnica of the eye, and in cases of injury in that region, the Healing Cream can be used around, but not in, the eye.
- Thuja 3x: It has a reputation in the treatment of warts on any part of the body. Thuja also has application in the treatment of yeast and fungal infections. Patients who respond well to it often have a greasy and oily skin and coat.
This combination of ingredients in its cream base provides a salve for a wide range of conditions affecting a broad range of species. It can be used as an adjunct in the treatment of septic wounds, both acute and chronic, particularly in combination with antibiotic therapy where appropriate. The ingredients have been selected to have a ynergistic effect and are used at levels where the product is totally safe, natural and side-effect free. It is effective in its own right, but can be used in any treatment regimen without any danger of interaction. It promotes healing, not just of the skin, but also of the deeper tissues in general. If applied at the earliest sign of change, it can be used to prevent progression to a more serious problem. The Healing Cream can be used for a wide range of problems, from minor cuts and grazes, to major wounds and tears, even sunburn. The Healing Cream works exceptionally well when used externally and complemented by the use of Homeopet Trauma (First Aide), given orally for internal support
- Free of all chemicals
- Safe for kittens, puppies, pregnant and nursing animals.
- Clinically used on dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, hamsters, ferrets and pot bellied pigs.
- Manufactured under FDA registered process
- All research programs conducted since 1991 have shown no adverse events reported. During registered period no adverse event reports.
- No known side effects
- 12 years of researching the purest ingredients from all over the world
- Only the purest, naturally grown raw materials are used
- Formulated in a 100% natural solution that is easy to administer
- Scientifically formulated to harness nature’s natural healing power
- Repeatable and reproducible results
- Unparalleled safety
- Over a decade of research and development
- Meets and exceeds all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards
What is homeopathy?
In 1796, a German medical doctor named Samuel Hahnemann discovered the principles of homeopathy. The therapy is based on the theory of "like cures like." That is, if a substance causes a symptom, consuming a very small amount of the same substance may cure the illness by prompting the body's own healing mechanisms to relieve different ailments and return the body to a healthy condition.
How does HomeoPet fit into the concept of homeopathy?
HomeoPet is the name of a company that manufactures and promotes a line of combination homeopathic remedies for animals. Accredited and licensed veterinarians, homeopaths, pharmacists and bio-chemists formulated these remedies in Ireland after 12 years of development.
How long have HomeoPet remedies been around?
HomeoPet remedies have been under development since 1977 and were introduced into clinics in 1987. In 1994 they were released for commercial sale through veterinary clinics and in 1995 they became available on the market.
Are HomeoPet remedies registered with the FDA?
Yes, HomeoPet remedies are registered with the FDA They are also are manufactured under an FDA registered process, in an FDA inspected facility, meeting all GMP (good manufacturing practice) standards.
Are HomeoPet remedies recommended by vets?
Yes, HomeoPet remedies are used and recommended by veterinarians on a daily basis in several thousand clinics throughout the USA.
Do you need a prescription for HomeoPet remedies?
No, you do not need a prescription for HomeoPet remedies, however HomeoPet recommends that you obtain a diagnosis from your veterinarian and then chose the remedy best suited to your pet’s ailments.
Is the alcohol content in the remedies safe?
Yes, HomeoPet remedies are preserved in 20% USP alcohol, which is pure ethyl alcohol, used for preserving homeopathics. Because there is only a drop or two of alcohol per dose, most pets will have no response to oral dosing. In rare cases, a cat or dog may be sensitive to alcohol and salivate excessively, or shake his head in response to the alcohol content. This can be alleviated by putting the drops on food/treat and letting it sit for 20 minutes before presenting it to your pet. Alternatively, placing drops in a small amount of water and letting sit for 20 minutes will prevent a reaction.
Why are HomeoPet remedies safe?
HomeoPet remedies are safe because all of the ingredients are at 6c&30c potency. This measures how dilute an ingredient is.
- 1c means that this particular substance has been diluted at a ratio of 1 to 100.
- 2c means that his particular substance has been diluted at a ratio of 1 to 10,000.
- 3c means that this particular substance has been diluted at a ratio of 1 to 1,000,000.
Each successive c adds 2 zeros to the end number, making it safer with every c.
Can I use more than one remedy on my pet at a time?
Yes, if you are using 2 remedies for the same reason, they may be dosed together. If the remedies are for different ailments, space them 20 minutes apart.
Are there any side effects with HomeoPet remedies?
There are no known side effects to date. However, if a pet is susceptible to homeopathy, an improvement may be seen in as little as one dose, and if the remedy is continued at full dosing schedule, an aggravation of symptoms may occur. Ceasing to use remedy will alleviate symptoms. Some pets, especially cats, may salivate excessively, or in very rare cases, throw up. Putting drops on food/treat and letting sit for 20 minutes will prevent such a reaction.
Can HomeoPet remedies be used long term?
Yes, there are no negative issues related to using HomeoPet remedies long term. However, if there are no symptoms present, you do not need to continue with a remedy. Some ailments such as joint stress, incontinence or skin & seborrhea require a maintenance dose indefinitely.
How do I open the bottle?
HomeoPet remedies have a safety seal which is the round lip at the bottom of the cap. If the cap does not twist off easily, try pushing down on the safety seal to separate it from the cap. This will allow the cap to twist off easily.
How are the remedies dosed?
Each remedy comes with detailed dosing instructions inside the box. Please read all instructions before dosing pets.
Will HomeoPet remedies test on my show dog?
No, there is nothing in any of the HomeoPet remedies that will show up positive in tests.
About Homeo Pet
HomeoPet is based in Westhampton Beach, New York, where it continues to develop new solutions to address the needs of patients both old and new, whilst working to continuously improve the effectiveness of its current range. As part of its philosophy of commitment to improving and enhancing patient care, clinical trials are currently underway in the United Kingdom and Australia, with HomeoPet leading the field in this area of research. HomeoPet's goal for the future is to continue to be a world leader in providing safe, natural and effective treatments in the field of animal care.
Now the # 1 veterinary recommended natural therapy, HomeoPet was founded by Daniel H. Farrington to market products formulated by his brother Dr. Thomas J. Farrington. In 1994 HomeoPet filed labels with claims with the FDA CVM, responding to warning letters and requests for additional information HomeoPet produced additional data and materials over 5 years. In 1999 HomeoPet received marketing approval with labeled claims from the FDA – CVM. Anxiety was the first product released, entering the market in 1998. It was the first commercially available product to provide a solution to the problem of anxiety in pets. He continues to improve and expand the HomeoPet range in response to patient needs.
To establish clinical efficacy Daniel joined with his brother the eminent veterinarian Dr. Thomas Farrington M.V.B., M.R.C.V.S., LF Vet Homm, an honors veterinarian with an advanced degree in Veterinary Homeopathy, a degree that is recognized by the Royal College of Veterinarian Surgeons. Utilizing advances in science to analyze results from veterinary clinics and university research programs on three continents, the Farrington brothers developed a new technology, AHPT or Advance Homeopathic Pharmaceutical Technology. A.H.P. Technology addresses the most common conditions seen today as a result of social, economic and environmental changes in the world we live in.
Homeopathy is a natural medicine therapy that has been used for hundreds of years. Utilizing advances in science research began in the 1970’s, highly skilled scientists working with a research laboratory identified the purest raw materials; ingredients free of all chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers. The high standards of a dedicated, FDA inspected, manufacturing facility ensures that the finished products are manufactured to standards meeting or exceeding GMP’s - Good Manufacturing Practice standards.
HomeoPet LLC is the global leader in researching, developing, licensing and producing AHPT’s -Advanced Homeopathic Pharmaceutical Technology-. HomeoPet LLC is the only homeopathic company to have the credentials in original product quality control, in technology development; in funded university based research programs and substantiated levels of product efficacy to meet the growing demand from veterinary clinics and consumers for quality pet health care products with their unsurpassed levels of safety.
Many conditions while not life threatening cause suffering in animals, previous ways of treating were with expensive and often harmful drugs that had significant unwanted side effects. HomeoPet treatments are targeted to provide support to the animals own natural healing system and bring relief without the unwanted side effects. HomeoPet products provide safe, gentle and effective relief to suffering animals.