HomeoPet Storm Stress For Dogs Up To 20 lbs. Liquid Drops 15 ml.
HomeoPet Storm Stress For Dogs Up To 20 lbs. is a homeopathic remedy indicated for anxiety or anxiety induced conditions: fear of thunder, fireworks, wind, loud noises, gunshots, hurricanes and tornados, storms, stormy weather, and heavy thunderous rainfall. Signs your pet might be suffering may include: seeking a safe hiding place during storms, or compulsively seeking your company when frightened. Your pet might become destuctive, digging or chewing during storms or fireworks, or may be so scared that he or she may ignore your commands. Some animals suffer from fear-based urination or defecation. Your pet may tremble, shake or cower with fear, as well as bark, whimper, howl or meow during adverse weather events.
- Aconite 10x & 200c (Monkshood): Aconite is used for any sudden shock resulting in fright, fear or anxiety. Indications include; restlessness with fear and anxiety so severe the sufferer thinks he is going to die. Signs are worse at night so a night storm, particularly at midnight, is even more frightening. It is useful where there is a cold, dry, northerly wind. Equally, during summer heat the fright can lead to diarrhea with fever, which can become bloody and foul smelling if neglected. Any symptoms from sudden fright will yield to its action. Its use helps with fear of noise. This plant grows in damp covered areas, high in the mountains where it is stormy and windy.
- Avena Sativa 7x & 2c (Common Oat Plant): Avena Sativa is soothing without creating an addictive or sedating habit. It has a selective action on the brain and nervous system. It is pre-eminently an anti-neurotic for calming the nervous system and is useful in palpitations and nervous exhaustion. Like all components of Storm Stress, it can be started and stopped suddenly with no side effects or withdrawal period, and will act quickly when administered.
- Belladonna 30c (Deadly Nightshade): Belladona is useful for animals suffering sudden fear, accompanied by a bounding pulse, with an audible, thumping heartbeat, palpable by placing a hand on the chest. The pupils are usually widely dilated, often accompanied by meowing, barking or screeching from terror. It is a remedy for acute states of panic where there is hyper-vigilance that can, in the worst cases, extend into convulsions, thus it is a great remedy for epileptic-type states. Those requiring the use of homeopathic Belladonna are very sensitive to noise and light, particularly the flash of lightening. Animals requiring it can often act as if rabid with fear, exhibiting behaviors such as - drooling, trashing, barking and even involuntary urination among other signs of fear. These animals often try to hide during a storm.
- Borax 6c & 30c (Borate of Sodium – Washing Soda): This is the pre-eminent remedy for fear of gunshots or any sudden noise causing startling. Jumping with fright is an indication for the use of this remedy. Those requiring it often hate to be lifted. This fear of lifting is due to of a fear of downward motion, which to the untrained observer often appears as a fear of heights or lifting, but is actually due to a fear of falling or downward motion. Drooling is often a symptom indicating a need, but will even work where drooling is the result of mouth ulcers.
- Calcarea Phosphorica 30c & 200c (Calcium phosphate)[Calc-Phos]: The animal requiring this remedy often looks like a heavier version of an Irish Red Setter and is usually just as hyperactive. They can be destructively chewing furniture and plants or digging holes in the garden. They are often wanderers, leaving their owners and going from house to house. They require endless love and companionship and feel that there is not enough at home when infact there is but they are uable to realize that. Calc-Phos types are terrified of thunder and will shake and tremble while in company during a storm or similar event, but without company they are likely to bolt during a storm and disappear for several days, even after the storm has ended, running until they find someone, or another animal, to comfort them. They can run for miles and miles when they suffer from storm stress.
- Gelsemium 6c, 30c & 200c (Yellow Jasmine): Animals requiring Yellow Jasmine (Gelsemium) are often referred to as "the trembler." With Yellow Jasmine there is quivering, which can range from a muscle group to the entire body, both inside and out. It is the remedy for anticipatory anxiety and is often used for show fear (stage fright in humans). The animal can have diarrhea or involuntary urination when under extreme stress. Those requiring its action can even become sluggish to move and be virtually paralyzed by their state of fear, standing frozen, but with their back legs shaking. Unlike some of the other ingredients, its state will onset after the first indication of a storm or firework and may even be a preparation done by the owner, for example, taking out boards to cover windows may start the animal’s trembling. This often leaves the owner wondering what set it off. It is a great test ingredient in humans – anticipation of some terrifying event is a key symptom.
- Lycopodium 6c & 30c: Lycopodium type animals have a fear of wind and storm sounds. They are the brave pet that is filled with insecurities, typically the dog who will growl at strangers while still wagging its tail, much like many German Shepherd dogs. Like Gelsemium types they suffer from anticipatory anxiety and will often perform poorly at shows or anywhere they are worried about what will happen. They are fine on their own territory. They often have a fear of men, more than women, particularly when they speak in a deep tone.They often get flatulence or a growly tummy when they are anxious, especially during a howling or whistling wind and the anxiety induced flatulence can even extend to colic, which can occur in any species. They are worse for being closed in a stuffy warm room. When a room is closed up by drawing curtains and closing windows to cut down on storm noise, it should not be over stuffy.
- Natrum Carbonicum 30c & 200c (Carbonate of Soda/Washing soda): Natrum Carbonicum is probably the most sensitive to external impression, including noise, of any of the mineral remedies used in homeopathy or in homeopathic complexes. The animals are oversensitive to perceptual input and will know a storm is on the way when it can’t even be seen. They are particularly sensitive to any electrical changes, like thunderstorms. The Natrum Carbonicum type of animal has much in common in terms of its sensitivity to thunderstorms with the remedies Phosphorus, Rhododendron and Silica. The patient jumps or starts at the least little thing and is worse for the least little change of diet. Collies often fit this type.
- Natrum Muriaticum 30c (Sodium chloride): Once again a sound sensitive remedy like Natrum Carbonicum. The animal types who respond to this remedy are often loners. They like their own company, often choosing to sleep on their own away from companions. Those requiring the action of this remedy are often loyal to a fault, where they will have complaints from the loss of owners, their companions or a home. Grief and depression come as easily to them as does their preference - to be alone in their own company. In any of these conditions, they are prone to self-mutilate, causing a lick granuloma, particularly on one or other of the forelegs. They often like salty foods. Consolation often makes things worse when these animals are upset, so they are best left with company, but at a distance. They usually drink lots of water and are chilly. Many independent cats fit this type, as can some Collies.
- Passiflora 7x & 2c (Passion flower): This is a calming remedy having a quietening effect on the entire nervous system. Its action is in many ways similar to Avena Sativa, but those requiring it are more prone to anxiety that can even extend to convulsions. It once again has much in common with the other remedies in this complex for having the advantage of being swift acting and non-addictive.
- Phosphorus 6c, 30c, 200c & 1M (Mineral Phosphorus): Like those needing Natrum Carbonicum, the animal types who require help from Phosphorus are super-sensitive to all external impressions, particularly thunder and lightening storms, but any sudden noise will make them jump, much as those who require Borax. The difference between those who benefit from Phosphorus during a storm, or similar fear or anxiety inducing scenario is that they are individuals who have a sparkle in their eye, like Calcarea Phosphorica they would wander off with anyone. They need company above all else and if left alone during a storm, will often become destructive. They are almost clairvoyant in their sensitivity, knowing when their family will arrive home, or run to the phone knowing it will ring, etc. They are often fine with the veterinarian until the veterinarian thinks about lifting or injecting them, at which point the Phosphorus patient will suddenly become unfriendly to say the least; something that is normally totally out of character. Phosphorus types drink lots of water and are usually hyperactive like the ginger cat, who is friendly and out-going with everyone, or the true purebred red setter who trots off after a total stranger when out for a walk. Phosphorus has a strong fear of the dark so darkening skies affect it deeply.
- Rhododendron 6c (Rhododendron chrysanthum): Like Phosphorus individuals, Rhododendron types are so sensitive to the approach of a storm that they will hide even before the storm arrives. In one case, this remedy was used so successfully on the owner’s dog that the owner requested extra remedy for future use. When this was used up more quickly than expected, its use was questioned by the veterinarian, where upon the owner admitted to having had lain under the bed with the dog during thunderstorms and now, after both taking the remedy, neither have to hide. They are as much affected by windy, or wet, stormy weather as they are by thunder, even to the extent of getting stiff just before the arrival of this type of weather. Some patients who are of the Rhododendron type and suffer from arthritis that is aggravated both before and as a result of a storm find that the use of the complex for the Storm Stress also alleviates the arthritis.
- Scutellaria Lateriflora 7x & 2c (Skullcap): Like Passiflora and Avena Sativa, Scutellaria is a calming remedy. Its calming effect has been known since the first European settlements in New England, and is to the Americas what Valeriana is to Europe. It acts as a nervous sedative and has its main use where nervous fear or excitement predominate. Much as one sees in Storm Stressed patients, Scutellaria individuals are characterised by restlessness and unease. The individuals benefiting from Scutellaria act as if they fear some dreadful calamity. There can be nervous confusion during periods of anxiety or fear. It is once again non-addictive.
- Silica 30c & 200c (Silicon Dioxide = Flint, Quartz, Sand): Silica is the most common substance on earth, giving structure to plants and many creatures, forming some of the most beautiful and delicate structures known. Those needing Silica have a want of grit and are sensitive to all external impressions. These individuals are usually very chilly. They are strongly affected by changes of weather, noise, and light, all of which are greatly magnified as storms, hurricanes, tornados, thunder, lightening, fireworks, etc.
- Stamonium 30c (Jimson weed): Terror is the prime indication for the application of Stamonium as a remedy. Stamonium’s action also covers fear of the dark. Those needing it will have the wide-eyed look of fear, emphasized by greatly dilated pupils-the classic wide-eyed look of terror. These types are often rooted to the spot, paralyzed with fear. In some cases the fear can lead to aggression, even sometimes to a surprised owner, as they will want to escape from whatever is terrifying them. They can at times be destructive in their state of mania. Often animals needing this remedy are described by owners as having a change that can be seen in their eyes, a sort of glazed or crazed look. Once in the state of terror they can have a very strong fear of water, noise or touch, much as a rabid animal would have. They are helped by soothing company.
- Staphysagria 6c & 30c (Delphinium Stavesacre): Animals benefiting from this remedy tremble, but it is different from that of Gelsemium, where there is anticipatory fear. In the case of Staphysagria, the animal will be frightened of its own shadow. This fear can be instigated by factors such as surgery, and humiliations leading to trembling with indignation or fear. This is a state commonly seen in cats where they become super-sensitive to every impression, including touch and noise, and thus storms, fireworks and thunder. Often the effect is seen not only at the mental level, but also on the level of physical symptoms where there are skin eruptions that are as extremely sensitive to touch - as the patient is touchy.
- Valeriana 7x & 2c (Valerian Root): Valeriana is a remedy for hysteria. Like Staphysagria there is a general over-sensitiveness. Like Stamonium and Phosphorus, there is a fear of the dark and a dread of being alone. One of the features of many storms is a darkening of the sky. This sensitivity to darkness is something that many of the remedies in the Storm Stress complex help, even fireworks are normally associated with the dark. Hysteria with over-sensitivity, especially when alone in the dark, is something that Valeriana is particularly good at easing while still being non-habit forming.
The Storm Stress ingredients have been selected to have a synergistic action. They are combined at ultra dilute molecular concentration levels, resulting in a totally safe, non-sedating, non-toxic, side effect free product that is natural and effective. The ingredient profile is targeted to work in a wide range of animal types and across a wide range of fear and anxiety symptoms. These include thunderstorms, most weather conditions, loud noises and fireworks. The ingredients are the culmination of nearly 20 years of research and on-going product development and have been subject to extensive trialing. In university run trials and in clinical use by practicing veterinarians, the formualtion has shown no signs of side effects. Due to the high molecular dilution, the ingredients can be used in any treatment regimen without danger of drug interaction and are safe for use in animals with compromised organ function of any type. The absence of drug residues and the lack of negative side effects, make the product suitable for use in performance animals, as well as pets. All symptoms do not have to be present for Storm Stress to benefit the fear state in a patient.
- Free of all chemicals
- Safe for kittens, puppies, pregnant and nursing animals.
- Clinically used on dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, hamsters, ferrets and pot bellied pigs.
- Manufactured under FDA registered process
- All research programs conducted since 1991 have shown no adverse events reported. During registered period no adverse event reports.
- No known side effects
- 12 years of researching the purest ingredients from all over the world
- Only the purest, naturally grown raw materials are used
- Formulated in a 100% natural solution that is easy to administer
- Scientifically formulated to harness nature’s natural healing power
- Repeatable and reproducible results
- Unparalleled safety
- Over a decade of research and development
- Meets and exceeds all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards
What is homeopathy?
In 1796, a German medical doctor named Samuel Hahnemann discovered the principles of homeopathy. The therapy is based on the theory of "like cures like." That is, if a substance causes a symptom, consuming a very small amount of the same substance may cure the illness by prompting the body's own healing mechanisms to relieve different ailments and return the body to a healthy condition.
How does HomeoPet fit into the concept of homeopathy?
HomeoPet is the name of a company that manufactures and promotes a line of combination homeopathic remedies for animals. Accredited and licensed veterinarians, homeopaths, pharmacists and bio-chemists formulated these remedies in Ireland after 12 years of development.
How long have HomeoPet remedies been around?
HomeoPet remedies have been under development since 1977 and were introduced into clinics in 1987. In 1994 they were released for commercial sale through veterinary clinics and in 1995 they became available on the market.
Are HomeoPet remedies registered with the FDA?
Yes, HomeoPet remedies are registered with the FDA They are also are manufactured under an FDA registered process, in an FDA inspected facility, meeting all GMP (good manufacturing practice) standards.
Are HomeoPet remedies recommended by vets?
Yes, HomeoPet remedies are used and recommended by veterinarians on a daily basis in several thousand clinics throughout the USA.
Do you need a prescription for HomeoPet remedies?
No, you do not need a prescription for HomeoPet remedies, however HomeoPet recommends that you obtain a diagnosis from your veterinarian and then chose the remedy best suited to your pet’s ailments.
Is the alcohol content in the remedies safe?
Yes, HomeoPet remedies are preserved in 20% USP alcohol, which is pure ethyl alcohol, used for preserving homeopathics. Because there is only a drop or two of alcohol per dose, most pets will have no response to oral dosing. In rare cases, a cat or dog may be sensitive to alcohol and salivate excessively, or shake his head in response to the alcohol content. This can be alleviated by putting the drops on food/treat and letting it sit for 20 minutes before presenting it to your pet. Alternatively, placing drops in a small amount of water and letting sit for 20 minutes will prevent a reaction.
Why are HomeoPet remedies safe?
HomeoPet remedies are safe because all of the ingredients are at 6c&30c potency. This measures how dilute an ingredient is.
- 1c means that this particular substance has been diluted at a ratio of 1 to 100.
- 2c means that his particular substance has been diluted at a ratio of 1 to 10,000.
- 3c means that this particular substance has been diluted at a ratio of 1 to 1,000,000.
Each successive c adds 2 zeros to the end number, making it safer with every c.
Can I use more than one remedy on my pet at a time?
Yes, if you are using 2 remedies for the same reason, they may be dosed together. If the remedies are for different ailments, space them 20 minutes apart.
Are there any side effects with HomeoPet remedies?
There are no known side effects to date. However, if a pet is susceptible to homeopathy, an improvement may be seen in as little as one dose, and if the remedy is continued at full dosing schedule, an aggravation of symptoms may occur. Ceasing to use remedy will alleviate symptoms. Some pets, especially cats, may salivate excessively, or in very rare cases, throw up. Putting drops on food/treat and letting sit for 20 minutes will prevent such a reaction.
Can HomeoPet remedies be used long term?
Yes, there are no negative issues related to using HomeoPet remedies long term. However, if there are no symptoms present, you do not need to continue with a remedy. Some ailments such as joint stress, incontinence or skin & seborrhea require a maintenance dose indefinitely.
How do I open the bottle?
HomeoPet remedies have a safety seal which is the round lip at the bottom of the cap. If the cap does not twist off easily, try pushing down on the safety seal to separate it from the cap. This will allow the cap to twist off easily.
How are the remedies dosed?
Each remedy comes with detailed dosing instructions inside the box. Please read all instructions before dosing pets.
Will HomeoPet remedies test on my show dog?
No, there is nothing in any of the HomeoPet remedies that will show up positive in tests.
About Homeo Pet
HomeoPet is based in Westhampton Beach, New York, where it continues to develop new solutions to address the needs of patients both old and new, whilst working to continuously improve the effectiveness of its current range. As part of its philosophy of commitment to improving and enhancing patient care, clinical trials are currently underway in the United Kingdom and Australia, with HomeoPet leading the field in this area of research. HomeoPet's goal for the future is to continue to be a world leader in providing safe, natural and effective treatments in the field of animal care.
Now the # 1 veterinary recommended natural therapy, HomeoPet was founded by Daniel H. Farrington to market products formulated by his brother Dr. Thomas J. Farrington. In 1994 HomeoPet filed labels with claims with the FDA CVM, responding to warning letters and requests for additional information HomeoPet produced additional data and materials over 5 years. In 1999 HomeoPet received marketing approval with labeled claims from the FDA – CVM. Anxiety was the first product released, entering the market in 1998. It was the first commercially available product to provide a solution to the problem of anxiety in pets. He continues to improve and expand the HomeoPet range in response to patient needs.
To establish clinical efficacy Daniel joined with his brother the eminent veterinarian Dr. Thomas Farrington M.V.B., M.R.C.V.S., LF Vet Homm, an honors veterinarian with an advanced degree in Veterinary Homeopathy, a degree that is recognized by the Royal College of Veterinarian Surgeons. Utilizing advances in science to analyze results from veterinary clinics and university research programs on three continents, the Farrington brothers developed a new technology, AHPT or Advance Homeopathic Pharmaceutical Technology. A.H.P. Technology addresses the most common conditions seen today as a result of social, economic and environmental changes in the world we live in.
Homeopathy is a natural medicine therapy that has been used for hundreds of years. Utilizing advances in science research began in the 1970’s, highly skilled scientists working with a research laboratory identified the purest raw materials; ingredients free of all chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers. The high standards of a dedicated, FDA inspected, manufacturing facility ensures that the finished products are manufactured to standards meeting or exceeding GMP’s - Good Manufacturing Practice standards.
HomeoPet LLC is the global leader in researching, developing, licensing and producing AHPT’s -Advanced Homeopathic Pharmaceutical Technology-. HomeoPet LLC is the only homeopathic company to have the credentials in original product quality control, in technology development; in funded university based research programs and substantiated levels of product efficacy to meet the growing demand from veterinary clinics and consumers for quality pet health care products with their unsurpassed levels of safety.
Many conditions while not life threatening cause suffering in animals, previous ways of treating were with expensive and often harmful drugs that had significant unwanted side effects. HomeoPet treatments are targeted to provide support to the animals own natural healing system and bring relief without the unwanted side effects. HomeoPet products provide safe, gentle and effective relief to suffering animals.