EcoNugenics Integrative Digestive Formula - 60 Vegetarian Capsules
A healthy digestive system is critical to your body's most essential functions. Integrative Digestive Formula integrates the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tibetan herbal medicine, as well as modern medicine to create a gentle yet effective supplement that promotes healthy digestive function. Digestive enzymes assist in food breakdown and the absorption of nutrients, while zinc and chromium are included to increase digestive function.
The 19 herbs and nutrients in Integrative Digestive Formula work synergistically to strengthen the small intestine and promote healthy liver function. Pomegranate, cinnamon, ginger and deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) all work together to support a healthy digestive system.
Integrative Digestive Formula:
- Promotes healthy digestive function
- Synergistic blend of botanicals and enzymes
- Scientifically researched formula
Numerous scientific studies on the herbs contained in Integrative Digestive Formula have shown benefits to digestive health and regularity. DGL has been researched for its positive effects on digestive health, and specific digestive conditions. Preliminary data shows that licorice may reduce body fat mass. Chinese Cardamom Fruit Extract is recognized for its beneficial ability to support healthy digestive function. Pomegranate seed has also been shown to strengthen the digestive system.
Integrative Digestive Formula contains key herbs, minerals, medicinal mushrooms, and enzymes that balance the digestive process and promote healthy digestive function.
Calms, Nourishes & Strengthens
A healthy digestive system is one of your body's most essential functions. The 19 herbs and nutrients in Integrative Digestive Formula can help with occasional acid indigestion & sluggish digestion, assist in digestion & nutrient absorption, and support the small intestine. The innovative formula includes enzymes that assist in digestion and the absorption of nutrients; medicinal mushrooms to support the liver, maintain healthy blood lipids, and enhance immune function; as well as herbs and minerals that numerous scientific studies show benefits to both regularity and digestive health.
Physician Formulated for Digestive Health
Created by Dr. Isaac Eliaz, MD, M.S., L.Ac., using a combination of Traditional Chinese, Asian and Western Naturopathic principles, this formula promotes long term digestive health while also improving occasional digestive discomfort. Some of the key components of this formula are outlined below:
- Pomegranate Seed strengthens digestive activity (stomach, small intestine, and colon) by improving bile flow and gastric secretions, toning the pancreas, and providing antioxidant support. It also promotes healthy liver function, reduces lipid peroxidation, increases detoxification enzymes and regulates intestinal movement.
- Pepper Fruit has been used traditionally in Asia to improve circulation, including the circulation of the digestive system. The major alkaloid, piperine, may also enhance the absorption of nutrients.
- Lesser Galangal Root is useful for occasional nausea and has been traditionally been used as an antiflatulent and diuretic.
- Cassia Bark and Chinese Cardamom Fruit are warming herbs recognized for their beneficial compounds and essential oils which support bile secretion.
- Tangerine Fruit is traditionally used for cramping and alleviation of gas. Research has shown its flavonoids support healthy liver function.
- Henon Bamboo Herb promotes free radical scavenging activity.
- De-Glycyrrhizinated Licorice (DGL) Root - Licorice has a long history of medicinal use in Europe and Asia, particularly with regards to digestive function. Licorice can be processed to remove glycyrrhiza, resulting in DGL, which does not share the metabolic disadvantages of glycyrrhizinated licorice.
- Ginger Root has a significant role in Chinese, Japanese and Indian health practices since the 1500s. It is often used for digestion, as an antiflatulent, laxative, and antacid. Research shows ginger root supports intestinal movement and fights occasional nausea.
- Sacred Lotus Seed Extract has been used in Asia for thousands of years, primarily for occasional abdominal cramps, loose stools, and gastrointestinal related issues.
Can Integrative Digestive Formula be taken with a Probiotic?
Yes, Integrative Digestive Formula can be taken in conjunction with probiotics.
Does Integrative Digestive Formula contain enzymes?
Yes, Integrative Digestive Formula does contain digestive enzymes, as a component of the formula, however some individuals may require additional supplementation.
Will Integrative Digestive Formula offer support for GERD?
When is it recommended to take Integrative Digestive Formula?
Integrative Digestive Formula is designed to be taken with food, immediately prior to a meal. The recommended dosage for Integrative Digestive Formula is one capsule, once or twice daily with meals.
I have an allergy to mushrooms, can I still take Integrative Digestive Formula?
Yes, the mushrooms contained in Integrative Digestive Formula are non-allergenic, medicinal mushroom mycelium. For individuals concerned about Candida (yeast condition), the medicinal mushrooms contained in Integrative Digestive Formula are actually designed to support and balance this condition, and will not aggravate yeast related conditions.
What are mycelium?
Mycelium, like the mushroom mycelia which are found in the Integrative Digestive Formula are the subterranean portion, or "roots" of the mushrooms. This part of the mushroom is responsible for the absorption of nutrients and materials upon which the mushrooms is grown. In the case of Integrative Digestive Formula, all mushrooms are cultivated in a strictly controlled environment on a blend of organic brown rice.
What are the ingredients in Integrative Digestive Formula?
An Integrative Asian Digestive Blend, Traditional Chinese Herbal Digestive Blend, USDA Certified Organic Digestive Mushroom Blend and a Digestive Enzyme Support Blend. Please refer to the second page of the data sheet for a comprehensive ingredient list.
EcoNugenics...Modern Science + Ancient Wisdom
The mission of EcoNugenics is to improve lives with high quality, research supported nutraceuticals. EcoNugenics unique approach is based on the thoughtful blending of modern science with the ancient wisdom of traditional and complimentary therapies. It is EcoNugenics' goal to optimize your health.
Based in Santa Rosa, California, EcoNugenics was founded in 1995 by Dr. Isaac Eliaz, M.D., M.S., L.Ac. - a pioneer and expert in the field of integrative medicine, and a highly regarded clinical practitioner, formulator, researcher and author. He leads EcoNugenics' research activities in natural, integrative approaches to cellular, immune, metabolic, digestive, and cardiovascular health, as well as detoxification.
Research is the very foundation of EcoNugenics' business, and they are committed to being a recognized leader in providing unique, natural, and highly effective formulations. EcoNugenics' explorations take them on a journey back centuries into the ancient wisdom of Traditional Chinese, Ayurvedic and Tibetan Medicine, and their focus on innovation takes them on a journey to the cutting-edge of modern science. The result is a unique, integrative formulation process of the most effective and complete nutraceutical supplements.
Throughout the years, EcoNugenics has joined forces with leading universities, research institutions, and government agencies to collaborate on both laboratory and clinical research projects that have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. EcoNugenics' dedication to bring superior natural supplements to the market is reflected in their ongoing commitment to research and development of the highest standard.
High quality supplements start with high quality ingredients, which is why you'll find the most absorbable and bioactive forms of each and every nutrient in EcoNugenics' products. When selecting botanicals, organic growing practices and sustainable harvesting are among EcoNugenics' primary considerations, and all of their mushrooms are grown specifically for them by USDA-certified organic growers. The only way to ensure quality is through constant monitoring - and at EcoNugenics, they have a rigorous quality assurance program that includes testing all raw materials, as well as finished products for activity and contaminants, including pesticides and heavy metals.
EcoNugenics also performs manufacturing audits regularly to ensure that their standard operating procedures and quality controls remain in place at all times. EcoNugenics guarantees batch to batch consistency by following these rigorous procedures conscientiously, and all of their supplements are manufactured in a manner that meets or exceeds the current good manufacturing (GMP) guidelines for dietary supplements, as outlined by the Food and Drug Administration.