Natural Factors - Turmeric & Bromelain - 90 Capsules
Natural Factors Bromelain and Turmeric capsules help inflammatory conditions and enhance digestion naturally while supporting and protecting the liver. This product helps to enhance health in two ways:
- Taken between meals it helps to break down soft plaque in the blood vessels, thins the blood, helps with menstrual problems and works as an antiinflammatory for painful joints.
- Taken with meals it is an excellent digestive aid that helps with bloating, gas and minimizes the feeling of fullness.
Turmeric stimulates digestion, supports the liver, and reduces intestinal permeability. Turmeric's active ingredient is curcumin which helps to check inflammation by inhibiting leukotrienes and thromboxanes. Curcumin is also an antioxidant that helps to stabilize membranes that are damaged by inflammation.
Bromelain, an enzyme isolated from the stem of the pineapple plant, aids in digestion by breaking down protein, and improves the absorption of turmeric. Bromelain also helps with blood vessel and joint inflammation. Bromelain blocks the body's production of kinins, reducing swelling and promoting healing. Bromelain's most common application is in the treatment of inflammation and soft tissue injuries. It has been shown to speed healing from bruises and hematomas. Treatment with bromelain following blunt injuries to the musculoskeletal system results in a clean reduction in swelling, pain at rest and during movement, and tenderness. Administration of bromelain presurgically can reduce the average number of days for complete disappearance of pain and inflammation.
Natural Factors priority is enhancing people's health.
- They offer more than 300 different formulas available exclusively at natural health stores.
- They are family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- They have produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- They grow their own herbs, organically and process them fresh from the fields.
- They test and standardize herbs for total quality control.
- Their science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- They create new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Their laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- They meet or exceed Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements
A quality herbal product starts with the highest quality fresh organic plant material. The efficacy of herbal products has always been affected by growing conditions, harvesting, processing and storage. At Factor Farms in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada our quality can be guaranteed as we control the entire process from seedling to finished product.
To grow herbs organically no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides or pesticides are allowed. We use only natural substances that have been approved by the organic industry. You can be assured that the fresh herb extracts contain no traces of unwanted chemical. Even the seed and plant sources are organic.
To be organically certified, certification inspectors work closely with growers to ensure that the organic standards are adhered to. We must keep detailed records of what we use on our farm. Even after harvest, processing is regulated so that no harmful chemicals are used to manufacture the fresh herb extracts.
Local cultivation of medicinal herbs at Factors Farms ensures that the herbs are picked, processed, and extracted at just the right time when the active ingredients are at their peak.
Natural Factor knows that the natural habitats of many herbs are shrinking and that over-harvesting from the wild can endanger native medicinal plant populations. So organic cultivation of herbs is preferred over "wild crafting".