Peeled Snacks Organic Fruit Picks Paradise Found 3.5 oz. (100 g)
Peeled Snacks Orgnaic Fruit Picks Paradise Found is dried banana, mango and pineapple. Open a bag of paradise found and the aroma will transport you to a sunny tropical island at any time of year. If you love much-ado-about-Mango, make sure you try this mix which teams organic mango with sweet pineapple chunks and chewy bananas. These fresh, juicy fruits provide a punch of vitamins A and C. Take them on vacation the resealable bag makes a great travel companion.
Did You Know...
- Many flowers combine their fruit to make one pineapple: Pineapples are made up of many flowers whose individual fruitlets fuse together around a central core. Each fruitlet can be identified by an "eye," the rough spiny mark on the pineapple's surface.
- A pineapple plant only makes one single pineapple a year: Pineapple flowers naturally only once a year. The plants can sense the increasing day length by late January or early February (northern hemisphere).
- Many weddings feature mangos as a symbol of love: The Hindu goddess Lakshmi, who represents prosperity, wealth, wisdom, fertility, courage and beauty, is believed to reside in a mango tree. Mangos and mango leaves have been used throughout India to symbolize fertility, love and good fortune. Mango leaves are used in weddings to ensure that couples bear many children.
- Mangos have been eaten in India for over 6,000 years: Experts have traced the origin of mango to Meghalaya, India where a 65 million year old fossil of a mango leaf has been found. Other fossil records of mango in Northeast India are 25-30 million years old.
- Mangos are native to eastern India, Burma and the Andaman Islands. It is believed that Buddhist monks brought mangos to Malaysia and eastern Asia in the 4th and 5th centuries B.C.
- There are over 1,000 varieties of mango: Mangos are a delicious and popular fruit in several countries throughout the world. Many countries such as India have native mango varieties while other countries have relied on imports from regions where mangos grow naturally.
- Ancient Buddhist texts and Alexander the Great have something in common - the banana: Alexander the Great relished his first taste of the banana, an usual fruit he saw growing on tall trees in India. He is credited with bringing the banana from India to the Western world. According to Chinese historian Yang Fu, these bananas grew only in the southern region of China and were considered exotic, rare fruits that never became popular with the Chinese masses until the 20th century.
- Parsley, sage, rosemary... BANANA? Banana plants aren't trees, they're actually herbs! The banana plant is not a tree. It is actually the world's largest herb!
- Instructions on how to eat a banana appeared in the Domestic Cyclopaedia of Practical Information and read as follows: "Bananas are eaten raw, either alone or cut in slices with sugar and cream, or wine and orange juice. They are also roasted, fried or boiled, and are made into fritters, preserves, and marmalades."
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Peeled Snacks Gluten Free?
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye and barley. All Peeled Snacks are naturally gluten free. Additionally, Peeled Snacks are analyzed for gluten by an independent lab and have been found gluten free.
Are Peeled Snacks organic?
All Peeled Snacks are organic.
Are Peeled Snacks all-natural?
Peeled Snacks have NO sugar or oil added - they are just healthy, tasty pieces of dried fruit and nuts. Other companies add sugar or oil to help preserve their products, but Peeled believes that sugar coating is harmful and unnecessary. To learn more about the unhealthy effects of added sweeteners and unnecessary food processing.
Do Peeled Snacks have sulfites in them?
Peeled Snacks no longer uses sulfites in any of our snacks.
Are Peeled Snacks considered raw?
Cherry-go-round and Apricot-a-lot are considered raw because the fruits are sun-dried. Other Peeled Snacks are not technically raw because the fruit is heated to temperatures of 125 degrees or higher, which is above the 118 degree requirement for raw food diets.
Are there nut products manufactured in the Peeled Snacks facilities?
Peeled Snacks are packaged in a facility that processes nuts, dairy, wheat and soy. Currently there are no tree nuts being processed in these facilities. Peeled Snacls strives to avoid any type of cross contamination, but please, always use caution when dealing with severe food allergies.
About Peeled Snacks
In New York City in 2004, Noha Waibsnaider founded Peeled Snacks when she noticed something missing from the world of snack foods. Store shelves were full of processed potato chips, corn syrup-filled candy, and energy bars made with too many mysterious ingredients. But you couldn't get anything healthy and tasty that made you feel good about snacking. So she set about to fix that problem.
Her solution? Tasty and nourishing fruit & nut mixes that became Peeled Snacks. Since then, Peeled Snacks has evolved to offer organic and all-natural gently-dried fruit in single and multi-serving packages. Peeled Snacks are made with ingredients that you recognize - large, easy-to-eat pieces of fruit that provide a natural source of vitamins, minerals and fiber - with NO sugar added.
At Peeled Snacks, they know that food starts out delicious and nutritious, and it doesn't need some machine to improve it, or engineering to perfect it. They bring you food that's as close to its natural state as possible. So make snacking a satisfying part of your lifestyle by eating food as it was meant to be: peeled. Eating well doesn't have to mean eating tasteless, bland foods. It does, however, mean eating a healthy, wide range of foods from every food group.
The folks at Peeled Snacks want to make snacking easy and enjoyable whether you're at home or on the go. Staying fit and maintaining a healthy diet can often be a challenge when you need a snack in a hurry. Available snacking options are usually loaded with high fructose corn syrup and sugar. Often finding a tasty alternative to satisfy the munchies can be a challenge. At Peeled Snacks, they use the highest quality fruit without any added sugar to help you towards achieving the five-a-day servings of fruit you need. Peeled Snacks are loaded with a natural source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber that your body craves.
Peeled Snacks is dedicated to raising awareness about what it means to ‘be healthy' and they strive to help you meet your goals by making real tasty snacks you can enjoy!
- Real food, real apeel! At Peeled Snacks, they believe snacking should be a satisfying part of life. To put the enjoyment back in snacking, we have taken the mystery out of it! Peeled Snacks are made with organic and all-natural ingredients with no sugar or oil added. Peeled Snacks provides a healthy way to enjoy delicious, wholesome foods in the form of tasty snacks that energize our minds and bodies, naturally.
- Real Food! They keep snacks as close to natural as possible by using high quality ingredients. When you bite into a juicy piece of fruit, you'll wonder why anyone would want to add sugar or fat. There's enough high fructose corn syrup and other artificial fillers in the foods you buy. Many companies try to save money by using less natural ingredients and replacing them with sugars and fats. At Peeled Snacks, however, using premium ingredients is NOT something on which they're willing to compromise.
- Natural goodness! Real food begins with pure ingredients. Peeled Snacks strives to bring you fruit from organic and sustainable farms to ensure that the products are good for you and good for the environment. Fruit Picks are single-serving, single-flavor fruit snacks. Try all six varieties: Organic much-ado-about-Mango, pine-4-Pineapple, Banan-a-peel, Apple-2-the-core, Apricot-a-lot, and Cherry-go-round. Additional varieties are in development.
Be mindful of what you eat, but don't think twice about eating Peeled Snacks. After all - it's real food!