Peeled Snacks Organic Fruit Picks Go Figure 5 oz. (141.7 g)
Peeled Snacks Organic Fruit Picks Go Figure is made with dried organic fig, date, apricot. These gently dried fruits are a gluten-free source of fiber and vitamin A, with no added sugar or preservatives. Go Figure is a great snack to keep in the pantry, bring to work, or share with a friend. Escape the everyday snack with GoFigure, an exotic blend of organic apricots, figs and dates. These sweet, earthy fruits come in our new resealable pouch, making it easy to stash in your desk or purse for a fiber-rich energy boost. GoFigure also plays nicely with granola, chocolate, and friends- each pouch contains 3.5 yummy servings!
Did You Know ...
- The Latin word for Apricot means "precious": In Latin, apricot means "precious," because it ripens earlier than other summer fruits. Apricots are a relative of the peach. The apricot is smaller than a peach and has a smooth, oval pit that falls out easily when the fruit is halved.
- Apricots range in size from 1.5 cm to 2.5 cm in diameter. They have a high fiber content very low calorie content.
- Dreaming of apricots, in English folklore, is said to be good luck.
- Apricots are small, fuzzy, golden orange fruit and are often described as being somewhere between a plum and a peach in flavor and appearance. Apricots are full of nutrients such as beta-carotene which promotes heart health by preventing LDL cholesterol from oxidizing. They are also a great source of vitamin A, a powerful antioxidant that destroys free radicals which can damage the eyes' lenses.
- Apricots thrived in ancient Greece and Persia: Dried apricots were important to several ancient societies. Alexander the Great introduced this sweet fruit to Greece when he exported apricot trees from Armenia to Europe. In ancient Persia, apricots served as an important trade commodity.
- Apollo astronauts ate dried apricots on their way to the moon: Because of dried apricot's dense nutritional value and delicious taste, astronauts enjoyed these yummy fruits on a number of space missions, including the Apollo 15 trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Peeled Snacks Gluten Free?
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye and barley. All Peeled Snacks are naturally gluten free. Additionally, Peeled Snacks are analyzed for gluten by an independent lab and have been found gluten free.
Are Peeled Snacks organic?
All Peeled Snacks are organic.
Are Peeled Snacks all-natural?
Peeled Snacks have NO sugar or oil added - they are just healthy, tasty pieces of dried fruit and nuts. Other companies add sugar or oil to help preserve their products, but Peeled believes that sugar coating is harmful and unnecessary. To learn more about the unhealthy effects of added sweeteners and unnecessary food processing.
Do Peeled Snacks have sulfites in them?
Peeled Snacks no longer uses sulfites in any of our snacks.
Are Peeled Snacks considered raw?
Cherry-go-round and Apricot-a-lot are considered raw because the fruits are sun-dried. Other Peeled Snacks are not technically raw because the fruit is heated to temperatures of 125 degrees or higher, which is above the 118 degree requirement for raw food diets.
Are there nut products manufactured in the Peeled Snacks facilities?
Peeled Snacks are packaged in a facility that processes nuts, dairy, wheat and soy. Currently there are no tree nuts being processed in these facilities. Peeled Snacls strives to avoid any type of cross contamination, but please, always use caution when dealing with severe food allergies.
About Peeled Snacks
In New York City in 2004, Noha Waibsnaider founded Peeled Snacks when she noticed something missing from the world of snack foods. Store shelves were full of processed potato chips, corn syrup-filled candy, and energy bars made with too many mysterious ingredients. But you couldn't get anything healthy and tasty that made you feel good about snacking. So she set about to fix that problem.
Her solution? Tasty and nourishing fruit & nut mixes that became Peeled Snacks. Since then, Peeled Snacks has evolved to offer organic and all-natural gently-dried fruit in single and multi-serving packages. Peeled Snacks are made with ingredients that you recognize - large, easy-to-eat pieces of fruit that provide a natural source of vitamins, minerals and fiber - with NO sugar added.
At Peeled Snacks, they know that food starts out delicious and nutritious, and it doesn't need some machine to improve it, or engineering to perfect it. They bring you food that's as close to its natural state as possible. So make snacking a satisfying part of your lifestyle by eating food as it was meant to be: peeled. Eating well doesn't have to mean eating tasteless, bland foods. It does, however, mean eating a healthy, wide range of foods from every food group.
The folks at Peeled Snacks want to make snacking easy and enjoyable whether you're at home or on the go. Staying fit and maintaining a healthy diet can often be a challenge when you need a snack in a hurry. Available snacking options are usually loaded with high fructose corn syrup and sugar. Often finding a tasty alternative to satisfy the munchies can be a challenge. At Peeled Snacks, they use the highest quality fruit without any added sugar to help you towards achieving the five-a-day servings of fruit you need. Peeled Snacks are loaded with a natural source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber that your body craves.
Peeled Snacks is dedicated to raising awareness about what it means to ‘be healthy' and they strive to help you meet your goals by making real tasty snacks you can enjoy!
- Real food, real apeel! At Peeled Snacks, they believe snacking should be a satisfying part of life. To put the enjoyment back in snacking, we have taken the mystery out of it! Peeled Snacks are made with organic and all-natural ingredients with no sugar or oil added. Peeled Snacks provides a healthy way to enjoy delicious, wholesome foods in the form of tasty snacks that energize our minds and bodies, naturally.
- Real Food! They keep snacks as close to natural as possible by using high quality ingredients. When you bite into a juicy piece of fruit, you'll wonder why anyone would want to add sugar or fat. There's enough high fructose corn syrup and other artificial fillers in the foods you buy. Many companies try to save money by using less natural ingredients and replacing them with sugars and fats. At Peeled Snacks, however, using premium ingredients is NOT something on which they're willing to compromise.
- Natural goodness! Real food begins with pure ingredients. Peeled Snacks strives to bring you fruit from organic and sustainable farms to ensure that the products are good for you and good for the environment. Fruit Picks are single-serving, single-flavor fruit snacks. Try all six varieties: Organic much-ado-about-Mango, pine-4-Pineapple, Banan-a-peel, Apple-2-the-core, Apricot-a-lot, and Cherry-go-round. Additional varieties are in development.
Be mindful of what you eat, but don't think twice about eating Peeled Snacks. After all - it's real food!