NOW Foods - Living Now Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Gluten-Free - 17 oz. (397g)
NOW Foods Living Now Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Gluten-Free is simply natural gluten-free goodness, made without the 8 major common allergens. There’s nothing like the satisfaction of a warm, freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. But what makes a great one? It's definitely not the wheat flour. It's the chocolate! And lots of it. Now Foods Living Now uses rich, premium chocolate chips that are unbelieveably dairy-free. The incredibly decadent taste of these chocolate chip cookies will make you forget they're gluten-free.
Living Now is more than just a brand of great-tasting gluten-free foods - it's a way of life for anyone with food sensitivities. This premium line provides wholesome, healthy foods bursting with flavor and is made without gluten and major common allergens including wheat, nuts, soy, dairy, eggs, and shellfish. Living Now is produced in a dedicated allergy-friendly facility and is GMO-free with no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. With Living Now eating is safe, fun, and satisfying again!
Enjoy the foods you love without the ingredients that don't love you.
- Allergy Friendly
- Certified Gluten Free
- No Dairy, Wheat, Soy, Nuts, or Eggs
- No Artificial Colors, Flavors, Sweeteners, or Hydrogenated Oils
- No Preservatives
- Vegetarian / Vegan
- Box is Made from 100% Recycled Material
The NOW mission is - To provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives. NOW Foods is an award-winning and highly respected manufacturer of vitamins, minerals, dietary supplements and natural foods.
In 1948, with the natural food and supplement industry in its infancy, entrepreneur Paul Richard paid $900 for the purchase of Fearn Soya Foods—a Chicago based manufacturer of grain and legume-based products. This began a six-decade legacy of providing health-seeking consumers with high-quality, affordable nutrition products.
History of NOW
In 1968, NOW Foods was founded under the belief that good health was not a luxury available only to the wealthy. For the past forty years, NOW has made it their life's work to offer health food and nutritional supplements of the highest quality, at prices that are fair and affordable to all those who seek them. Today, NOW Foods is one of the top-selling brands in health foods stores, an award- winning manufacturer, a respected advocate of the natural product industry, and a leader in the fields of nutritional science and methods development. And while NOW has grown considerably over the past four decades, one thing has never changed – NOW's commitment to providing products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
- Customer Focused and Information Driven - NOW believes that their products, services, and the decisions they make should be primarily influenced by the desires and needs of NOW customers. The decisions that NOW makes should be based on accurate information and therefore NOW places a high value on knowledge and learning within their organization.
- Quality and Value Oriented - Acting in the best interest of NOW customers, NOW endeavors to produce the highest quality products at competitive prices. NOW's first priority is to maintain quality where it counts the most – in the products. NOW's exceptional cost-conscious team of employees then focuses their energies on driving costs down. Nurturing this competency of value drives NOW's ability to provide high quality products at the very best prices.
- Natural is Better - NOW is convinced that natural products are better than their synthetic counterparts and produce better results in human health. Therefore, wherever possible, NOW strives to provide products that contain natural ingredients because they are better for their customers.
NOW's experienced professional and technical staff formulates their products to be of the highest quality. NOW has a group of biochemists, chemists, nutritionists, and food technologists who review current science and nutritional parameters, and formulate our products to be effective for the intended use. NOW's structure/function claims are based on science for active ingredients, and on nutritional science for nutritional content. Serving sizes are based on doses from clinical studies and other published data. NOW's contemporary formulas are designed to meet the health and wellness needs of today’s consumers. Best science is used to support best formulations which lead to best quality. NOW products are constantly being tested in clinical trials conducted at top universities and research centers around the country and in various parts of the world. NOW products are being tested to determine such things as effectiveness for joint support, quality of life for cancer patients, cardiovascular support, and athletic endurance. Effective products mean health and wellness benefits, which mean quality.
GMP Quality Assured
NOW’s GMP certification covers standard operating procedures, employee training, product specifications, expiration dating, vendor certifications and much more. Standard operating procedures include sampling and testing incoming materials according to NOW Foods specifications, inspecting manufacturing processes, and testing finished products to specifications. Tests include organoleptic evaluation (human senses such as sight, taste, smell), physical testing of tablets and capsules, chemical identity of ingredients, potency and contamination testing by the company’s in-house state-of-the-art analytical testing lab, as well as microbiological testing by NOW Foods’ in-house rapid analysis microbiological lab.
In addition to their passion for nutritional excellence, NOW supports social and environmental efforts throughout their industry and community. NOW regularly hosts conservation and clean-up events in support of Make a Difference Day and Earth Week; a tradition which goes back over a decade. NOW continually strives to improve and serve as an inspiration to anyone concerned with protecting our planet and its precious natural resources.
Recent sustainability progress includes:
- Installation of an automatic night cooling system which allows more efficient control of warehouse temperatures.
- Expansion of in-house recycling and reuse programs to include food dust collections from dust collectors and filter cleaning. This material is offered for beneficial reuse as hog feed supplement.
- Holding annual Christmas & holiday light recycling drives.
- Installation of a rain/moisture sensor to prevent unnecessary landscape watering.
- Providing free barrels to the Village of Bloomingdale for use as trash receptacles in parks, and to SCARCE for use in resource collection drives.
- Hosting an educational booth at the 2nd annual Cantigny Green Fair.
- Setting printers to default to double-sided printing.
- Installation of an LED company building sign.
- Installation of filtered water stations for re-filling personal water containers.
- Sharing information on sustainable business practices at STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Teachers Workshop.
- Promoting rain barrel usage with their staff.
- Educating staff on recycling opportunities for electronics and household hazardous waste.
- Switching to 100% recycled content shipping boxes.
Now Foods is active in various community efforts including Make a Difference Day, relief efforts, Earth Day Spring Clean Up & Conservation, Electronic Recycling Drop-Off Facilities, and they are partners with the Conservation Foundation, among other exciting projects.
During NOW Foods 45+ years of serving health conscious consumers, they have seen the lean years along with the good, which helps them remain well grounded in what really matters – helping people.
This ideal goes hand-in-hand with NOW Foods’ original goal; to make health attainable by making quality dietary supplements affordable, thereby improving the quality of life for not only customers, but for people everywhere.
They are committed to sharing the good fortune of NOW Foods with others, and give on the basis of the needs they see around them, or on the basis of specific worthy causes. Now Foods gives to various charities in a direct and efficient manner, and continue to seek those charities that are "self-enabling", or encourage and teach recipients to help themselves.
Now Foods donates to many non-profit causes and organizations including:
Meal-A-Day of the Americas
Natural Health Research Institute
The Conservation Foundation
The Nature Conservancy of IL
India Leprosy & Child Nutrition Program
DuPage Community Clinic
People's Resource Center
Hephzibah Children's Association
The Life Center
WCF Community Services
Marklund (local disabilities)