Pill Pockets For Cats by Greenies
Greenies Pill Pockets For Cats Chicken 1.6 oz. (45 g)
Greenies Feline Pill Pockets Chicken are a nutritious treat that contain a built-in pouch, perfect for hiding a tablet, capsule or supplement. The new hypoallergenic recipe is formulated for the millions of cats who suffer from food allergies. Cats love the taste so much—they won't even notice there's medicine inside! The idea is simple. If you put medication inside something cats actually like, then giving pills becomes a lot easier. The delicious pocket masks any hint of medicine, making Greenies Pill Pockets a proven stress free pill delivery treat. Feline Pill Pockets were designed by vets and experts. So it not only helps with the delivery of medication, it also contains vitamins C & E to promote a healthy immune system. It’s easy giving medicine when you have two tasty flavors to wrap it in. Choose between: chicken and salmon.
What are Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats?
Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats are healthy treats with a patented pocket designed by veterinarians to conceal most medications and supplements commonly prescribed for pets.
How many Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats are in a pouch?
The Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats have approximately 45 treats. This allows extra Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats for the owner to treat the animal before the need to give a pill.
How big are Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats?
Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats come in one size for all cats and fits most tablet and capsule size pills.
Do I need to refrigerate Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats?
No. Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats are made to be stored at room temperature. It is not recommended to refrigerate the product may absorb some of the smells associated with table food.
Do you think my cat will like them?
Independent third-party test results document that 82% of cats successfully take their medications in Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats. In testing, the pets were in-clinic or in-shelter pets so your experience at home may be somewhat better since the animal is in a familiar setting at home. Frequent treating can only increase your success rate.
How do Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats work?
Greenies Pill Pocket treats for cats are made from highly palatable ingredients that cats love. Because the pill and its smell are sealed inside the treat, your cat has no reason not to eat the Greenies Pill Pockets treat for cats. It is important to prevent the transfer of medicine smell or taste, to not touch the Greenies Pill Pockets treat for cats with the hand that held the pill. Cats do not masticate (grind) when they chew, their jaws allow only an up and down motion to chew food. Once the food gets past a certain point on the tongue, the swallow reflex takes the Greenies Pill Pockets treat for cats and pill safely to the stomach.
What is wrong with pushing the pill into my pet’s throat?
Studies show that in 52% of the cases, pills can become clinically entrapped, meaning that after one hour, the pill is still in the esophagus. Since pets don’t drink water to get the pill down, it is helpful to stimulate saliva flow as the pill is being given. Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats are formulated to assist in the lubrication of the throat allowing the pill and Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats to enter the stomach as soon as it is eaten resulting in quicker absorption of medication.
Why shouldn’t I just use cheese or peanut butter?
- Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats have fewer calories. Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats have approximately 24 calories while a spoon of peanut butter has 85 calories and a slice of cheese has 80 calories
- Cats love Greenies Pill Pockets. Even finicky animals will gobble them right down. With human food, a finicky animal will generally find the pill in the food because they smell it as you are feeding it to them.
Will Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats conceal liquid medications?
Yes. Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats are air tight when properly sealed. Never fill the Greenies Pill Pockets treat for cats to the top with liquid since it will need room to close. If the amount of medication exceeds the size of your Greenies Pill Pockets treat for cats, simply use two or more.
My cat won’t eat the Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats and they are usually not finicky?
Check the following:
- Is the Greenies Pill Pockets treat for cats properly sealed? Medicine has a strong odor to your pet, and if not sealed, some pets will smell the medicine and refuse the Greenies Pill Pockets treat or eat around the pill.
- Did the hand that touched the medicine also touch the Greenies Pill Pockets treat for cats? If so, be sure to hold the treat in the hand that does not touch the pill. You do not want to transfer the medicine smell or taste.
- Do you have lotion, perfume, or cologne on your hands? The Greenies Pill Pockets treat for cats will absorb lotions or other items from your hands.
- Try giving a number of Greenies Pill Pockets treats for cats without pills to overcome the learned behavior.
As a company that was founded on a love of pets, Greenies feels that it's important to educate pet owners on the importance of providing the right snacks and chews for their furry family members. That's why they launched the SmartTreater program. You can help make sure you are treating responsibly by following these SmartTreater tips:
- Seek out treats that provide healthy benefits for your pets.
- Monitor your pets to ensure they chew their treats adequately
- Ask your veterinarian if ingredients in a treat are appropriate for your pets
- Read the labels and follow feeding guidelines
- Treat responsibly
Like most great ideas, Greenies started as a solution to a problem. And that problem was bad breath. More specifically, Ivan's bad breath. Ivan was like a lot of dogs. His teeth had plaque and tartar. And the resulting gingivitis was making his breath downright unpleasant. Something had to be done, but nothing worked. Luckily for Ivan, his owners were not ones to give up easily. Working with a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and other experts, they eventually developed the familiar Greenies toothbrush-shaped dental chew known today. But the story doesn't end there.
Greenies continues to refine the original formula, and created an extensive product line meeting the needs of many different types of dogs. Then, Greenies took everything it learned and launched a line made especially for your feline friends. So whether your heart belongs to a Lab, a Pug, or a Tabby, you can always share in a daily moment of happiness with Greenies.
THE GREENIES CREDO:
- Create strong, caring bonds between people and their pets
- Commit to an ongoing understanding of pet needs
- Craft products that embrace naturally effective solutions
- Care for each relationship with honesty, integrity and respect
Feed as a treat.
- Fill: Hold Pill Pockets treat with thumb and forefinger and insert capsule.
- Pinch: Using the same hand holding the Pill Pockets Treat, squeeze the top half closed.
- Give: The Pill Pockets Treat is now sealed, feed to your pet.
To prevent transfer of medicine smell or taste, do not touch Pill Pockets treat with the hand that held the pill.
Chicken, glycerin, wheat flour, natural flavors, dried corn syrup, corn flour, wheat gluten, chicken liver meal, vegetable oil, water, lecithin, brewer's dried yeast, potassium sorbate (to preserve freshness), methylcellulose, L-ascorbic acid phosphate (source of vitamin C), mixed tocopherols, vitamin E supplement.
||Per Pill Pocket|
Greenies is a creative and vibrant team of pet owners and pet lovers, driven by a deep sense of commitment to each other, the people they touch and the pets we all adore. Greenies believes they've been entrusted with more than simply the care of animals. People look to the company for products that make their relationships with their dog or cat more satisfying. And they are passionate in their pursuit of naturally effective solutions that provide the best in oral care, nutrition and enjoyment for all pets. Each life they touch is honored with the highest level of honesty, integrity and respect. Because at the end of the day, Greenies believes creating caring relationships is more important than any business success they may achieve.
1 Design Drive