Aroma MD - Aroma Aid Liquid Solution - 1 oz. (29.5 ml)
Aroma MD Aroma Aid promotes a healthy immune system, relieves headache, allergy and joint discomfort, and soothes cuts and bug bites. Aroma Aid is a physician-formulated blend of organic, medical-grade oils that boosts the immune system, helps maintain a healthy nose, throat and chest, and reduces minor joint and headache pain. It also helps reduce inflammation and itch from bug bites, cuts and scrapes. It's like a medicine cabinet in a bottle. If you are new to medical aromatherapy or want one product that does it all, try Aroma Aid. You might even want to try two or three - one for traveling, one for home and another for the office.
How can one product do so many things? The secret is Aroma MD's proprietary blend of the six safest yet most powerful and versatile essential oils that exist in nature. In nature, plants use essential oils as their own natural first aid kit to heal cuts, protect them from viruses and bacteria, help them grow and reproduce. Aroma MD infused the wisdom of nature's lab with the careful research of science's lab to create a perfect harmony of health and healing.
Aroma Aid goes great with Flugon. Use Aroma Aid for stuffy nose or chest and throughout the day for invigorating immune support. Use Flugon in all ages at night for soothing immune support. Use Flugon for coughs and flus or for immune support in children under the age of 2 where Aroma Aid is too strong. Use Aroma Aid topically for quick relief and internally for long-acting relief or for stubborn problems.
History of Aromatherapy
The most versatile form of herbal medicine, aromatherapy is a 5,000 year old healing method. Recent scientific discoveries of the amazing effects of essential oils have resulted in medical aromatherapy being one of the fastest growing fields in integrative medicine. Doctors, patients and healthcare practitioners alike have been experiencing the benefits of this safe, natural and effective therapy.
Aroma MD Frequently Asked Questions
What is clinical aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is the use of scents, synthetic or natural, for pleasure or healing. In order to distinguish the ancient science of healing aromatherapy from the modern pursuit of synthetic amusements for the nose, we use the term "clinical aromatherapy" to distinguish what we practice at Aroma MD. Clinical aromatherapy is a form of herbal medicine. It is a healing system that utilizes the vital essence — the essential oil — of a plant. It is called "aroma" therapy because the plants used have an aroma, usually pleasing to the nose. "Aroma" is a term used in chemistry. Essential oils are composed of "aromatic ring." Buyer beware! The modern fragrance industry is full of synthetic blends that may smell good, but may cause headaches, rashes or breathing difficulties in sensitive people, but offer no healing benefits. Aroma MD uses only 100% medical-grade, pure, and where possible organic essential oils. Not all that smells is aromatherapy, but all the aromatherapy at Aroma MD smells good.
How does aromatherapy work?
Essential oils can enter the body in several different ways. They can be absorbed topically through the skin and into the circulatory system. They can also be inhaled, passing into the blood stream through the lungs or by causing signals to be transmitted through the nervous system directly into the limbic system of the brain. Besides stimulating your sense of smell, aromatherapy can benefit your mind, your memory, movement in your body and your breathing. It assists in your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.
Who uses aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy can be safely used on infants, children, adults and the elderly when used as directed and diluted sufficiently. There are many everyday uses of essential oils that are safe for people to use without any special training or equipment. Serious diseases can also be treated with essential oils, but should be done under the supervision and care of a trained professional. Aromatherapy is not a healing "system," philosophy or religion. Aromatherapy is a healing method. Aromatherapy has been used in nearly every healing system and nearly every religion for thousands of years. Modern aromatherapy was pioneered by French surgeons and medical doctors as early as the 1890's.
Can Aroma MD products be used by pregnant women?
Aromatherapy products should only be used as directed, and Aroma MD products are clearly marked with precautions where applicable. Many of their products can be used quite effectively by pregnant women, but it is strongly advised that you consult with a trained professional if you are pregnant or taking any medications.
What are essential oils?
- SPIRITUAL ANSWER: Essential oils are the essence of the plant. The essential oil is the product of universal forces: sun, wind, water, planetary movements and their effects on tides and weather, the interplay of insects and animals in the preparation of seeds and the pollination of flowers, the transformation of minerals from the earth in an alchemical movement from atoms to aroma. Essential oils are the very essence of life in the universe distilled into diligent drops, gentle warriors for the body's health and the heart's healing.
- CHEMICAL ANSWER: Essential oils are organic molecules, composed of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen atoms, either in chains or aromatic rings. They have functional groups much like those found in synthetic drugs, such as esters, ketones, alcohols, oxides, etc., which give them their characteristic scents and biophysical properties. Unlike synthetic drugs, essential oils are composed of dozens or hundreds of chemicals, many in trace amounts (less than 1%). However, these trace components often serve as an antidote to the active compound. This allows essential oils to be powerful yet gentle, safe and effective.
How are essential oils obtained?
Depending on the plant, the bark, berries, seeds, flowering tops, leaves or roots may be used. There are several methods of extracting essential oils, depending on the part used. The most common, by far, is steam distillation. Supercritical carbon dioxide extraction is a newer technique. Older techniques include mechanical compression, mainly for citrus peel oils. Aroma MD does not use solvent treated oils.
How are essential oils and blends used in aromatherapy?
- Bath - Few things are more relaxing than an aromatherapy bath. A few drops in a warm bath can sooth away the cares of the day or help with bruises and muscular aches.
- Compresses - Cloths soaked in about specific dosages of essential oil drops and hot or cold water and then applied to the affected area. Hot compresses are used for muscular pains and cramps, and cold compresses are used for swelling and headaches.
- Diffusers - Used to disperse minute particles of essential oils into the air by heating water that contains essential oils. They can be particularly useful in an adult or child's bedroom, a nursing facility, or other rooms. Aroma MD has several products that come in diffuser containers. Diffusers can also be purchased at most health stores.
- Internal - Aromatherapy products should only be taken internally as prescribed by a professional. Aroma MD's products are doctor formulated and are clearly marked if they are or are not intended for internal use. Several Aroma MD products can be added to foods or beverages or even baby formulas to help aid various systems in the body.
- Massage - Oil may be applied to the body, hand, or foot for achieving greater comfort.
Sprays or Mists - Some Aroma MD products lend themselves to a spray application. These are especially pleasant to use after showering.
- Steam Inhalation - Can be used to help breathing.
About Aroma MD
Aroma MD is a medical aromatherapy company infusing science with nature to promote holistic health using essential oil therapy. Aroma MD products are formulated by the company's founder, president and chief medical officer, Dr. Kamyar M. Hedayat, MD, FAAP, a Stanford-trained critical care physician, board-certified pediatrician and clinical aromatherapist, and holistic physician. Dr. Hedayat blends natural, safe and effective remedies based on the latest scientific research, indigenous healing practices and over 10 years of clinical experience. While treating seriously ill patients in the intensive care unit, Dr. Hedayat observed two phenomena. Patients who were given antibiotics were often the sickest patients in the critical care unit and their infections were more resistant to treatment. Many illnesses, such as asthma and seizures, had emotional components which were never addressed by conventional treatments. This inspired Dr. Hedayat to dedicate his efforts to promote healing of body and mind. Aromatherapy has been used for over 5,000 years to promote a healthy body and soul. The last decade has seen increased interest by patients and healthcare professionals alike in the mechanisms and uses of complementary modalities, particularly essential oils. Through ongoing research, testing and product development Aroma MD is committed to improving the lives and health of children and adults.