POA-Phytolens Cat's Claw by Biotics Research
Biotics Research POA-Phytolens - 30 Capsules
Biotics Research POA-Phytolens is a proprietary formulation of Cat's Claw and Phytolens, a patented polyphenolic compound possessing significant antioxidant activity and the ability to downregulate certain inflammatory processes. Phytolens is a water-soluble extract isolated from non-soy legumes cultured and prepared by Biotics Research Corporation. Phytolens contains a variety of polyphenols, but is especially enriched in proanthocyanidins of the prodelphinidin type.
A potent antioxidant
- Quenches organic free radicals as effectively as Pycnogenol(R) and grapeseed extracts, such as Activin.
- Quenches superoxide anions more effectively than Pycnogenol, Activin, green tea extracts, and other flavonoids.
- Prevents the oxidation of ascorbic acid in solution better than Pycnogenol, grapeseed extract, quercetin and catechin.
- Prevents autoxidation of linoleic acid in vitro more effectively than BHT and alpha tocopherol.
A potential anti-inflammatory agent
Using a model system for studying colitis developed at the Louisiana State University Medical Center, they have demonstrated that
- Phytolens prevents peroxynitrite-induced apoptosis in cultured human colonic epithelial cells at low concentrations (10 micrograms/ml).
- Phytolens induces apoptosis In cultured mouse macrophages at low concentrations (10 micrograms/ml).
Interpretation: Phytolens may benefit a variety of macrophage-driven inflammatory conditions, such as inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Allergies, and Autoimmune Disorders.
One (1) capsule taken one (1) to three (3) times each day as a dietary supplement or as otherwise directed by a healthcare professional.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Keep out of reach of children.
|Biotics Research - POA-Phytolens - 30 Capsules|
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
||Amount Per Serving
|Cat's Claw (Uncaria tomentosa)(containing .9% pentacyclic alkaloids)(bark)
|Phytolens (Lens esculenta extract)(husks)
|*Daily Value Not Established.|
†Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your diet values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, vegetable culture, and water.|
About Biotics Research
Biotics Research Corporation has been a leading manufacturer of specially designed nutritional products for over thirty years. Our mission remains constant: to be the benchmark of excellence in nutritional science, technology and service, providing the clinician with reliable, innovative products of superior quality as well as the highest level of customer service.
6801 BioticsResearch Dr.
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.