Biotics Research POA-Phytolens - 30 Capsules
Biotics Research POA-Phytolens is a proprietary formulation of Cat's Claw and Phytolens, a patented polyphenolic compound possessing significant antioxidant activity and the ability to downregulate certain inflammatory processes. Phytolens is a water-soluble extract isolated from non-soy legumes cultured and prepared by Biotics Research Corporation. Phytolens contains a variety of polyphenols, but is especially enriched in proanthocyanidins of the prodelphinidin type.
A potent antioxidant
- Quenches organic free radicals as effectively as Pycnogenol(R) and grapeseed extracts, such as Activin.
- Quenches superoxide anions more effectively than Pycnogenol, Activin, green tea extracts, and other flavonoids.
- Prevents the oxidation of ascorbic acid in solution better than Pycnogenol, grapeseed extract, quercetin and catechin.
- Prevents autoxidation of linoleic acid in vitro more effectively than BHT and alpha tocopherol.
A potential anti-inflammatory agent
Using a model system for studying colitis developed at the Louisiana State University Medical Center, they have demonstrated that
- Phytolens prevents peroxynitrite-induced apoptosis in cultured human colonic epithelial cells at low concentrations (10 micrograms/ml).
- Phytolens induces apoptosis In cultured mouse macrophages at low concentrations (10 micrograms/ml).
Interpretation: Phytolens may benefit a variety of macrophage-driven inflammatory conditions, such as inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Allergies, and Autoimmune Disorders.