Natural Factors - OmegaFactors Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil 1000 mg. - 180 Softgels
Natural Factors Salmon Oil is a healthier choice than farmed salmon, which often found to contain high antibiotic, PCB and dioxin levels. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, wild salmon oil has a naturally occurring ratio of EPA to DHA. Wild Salmon is a better environmental choice to salmon farms pollute coastal waters. The oil is extracted from already harvested stocks. Natural Factors Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil is regularly tested for chemical residue and heavy metals to ensure a safe and pure source of fish oil.
Where are Omega-3's found?
EPA and DHA are found in mackerel, salmon, herring, sardines, sablefish (black cod), anchovies, albacore tuna, and wild game. Cod liver oil contains large amounts of EPA and DHA. Fish oil supplements typically contain 18% EPA and 12% DHA, though more purified (i.e., higher in EPA and DHA) fish oil supplements are sometimes available. In addition, DHA is available in a supplement that does not contain significant amounts of EPA.
Natural Factors priority is enhancing people's health.
- They offer more than 300 different formulas available exclusively at natural health stores.
- They are family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- They have produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- They grow their own herbs, organically and process them fresh from the fields.
- They test and standardize herbs for total quality control.
- Their science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- They create new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Their laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- They meet or exceed Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements
A quality herbal product starts with the highest quality fresh organic plant material. The efficacy of herbal products has always been affected by growing conditions, harvesting, processing and storage. At Factor Farms in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada our quality can be guaranteed as we control the entire process from seedling to finished product.
To grow herbs organically no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides or pesticides are allowed. We use only natural substances that have been approved by the organic industry. You can be assured that the fresh herb extracts contain no traces of unwanted chemical. Even the seed and plant sources are organic.
To be organically certified, certification inspectors work closely with growers to ensure that the organic standards are adhered to. We must keep detailed records of what we use on our farm. Even after harvest, processing is regulated so that no harmful chemicals are used to manufacture the fresh herb extracts.
Local cultivation of medicinal herbs at Factors Farms ensures that the herbs are picked, processed, and extracted at just the right time when the active ingredients are at their peak.
Natural Factor knows that the natural habitats of many herbs are shrinking and that over-harvesting from the wild can endanger native medicinal plant populations. So organic cultivation of herbs is preferred over "wild crafting".