Natural Factors - Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil 1000 mg. - 90 Softgels
Natural Factors Alaskan Salmon Oil Capsules are pure salmon oil, with the fatty acid ratio found in free-swimming salmon. Here's why this is unique: To achieve high ratios of EPA to DHA, commercially available salmon oil capsules are fortified with other fish oils. One benefit of Natural Factors Wild Sockeye Salmon Oil is that it has the lowest cholesterol levels, in contrast to the higher levels of cholesterol found in farmed salmon oil.
Environmentally-conscious consumers need not worry about salmon stock depletion when taking this product. Natural Factors Wild Sockeye Salmon Oil is a value-added by-product of the wild salmon fishery. The oil is extracted from already harvested wild salmon, using parts of the fish that would otherwise be wasted.
Salmon oil is an excellent source of important omega-3 fatty acids. Thousands of studies show the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids for the heart and circulatory system. Two important Omega-3 fatty acids are eicosapentanoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), both found liberally in cold water fish such as salmon. These fatty acids help reduce low density lipoproteins (LDLs) and raise levels of good high density lipoproteins (HDLs). These nutrients also reduce blood vessel constriction, lower fibrinogen, (the blood clotting factor), and keep platelets from becoming too sticky. Fish oil may keep arteries from being clogged after a procedure known as balloon angioplasty.
High triglyceride levels are associated with heart disease. Both of these fatty acids lower triglyceride levels.
The essential fatty acids found in fish may help the inflammation associated with arthritis.
Natural Factors priority is enhancing people's health.
- They offer more than 300 different formulas available exclusively at natural health stores.
- They are family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- They have produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- They grow their own herbs, organically and process them fresh from the fields.
- They test and standardize herbs for total quality control.
- Their science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- They create new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Their laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- They meet or exceed Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements
A quality herbal product starts with the highest quality fresh organic plant material. The efficacy of herbal products has always been affected by growing conditions, harvesting, processing and storage. At Factor Farms in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada our quality can be guaranteed as we control the entire process from seedling to finished product.
To grow herbs organically no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides or pesticides are allowed. We use only natural substances that have been approved by the organic industry. You can be assured that the fresh herb extracts contain no traces of unwanted chemical. Even the seed and plant sources are organic.
To be organically certified, certification inspectors work closely with growers to ensure that the organic standards are adhered to. We must keep detailed records of what we use on our farm. Even after harvest, processing is regulated so that no harmful chemicals are used to manufacture the fresh herb extracts.
Local cultivation of medicinal herbs at Factors Farms ensures that the herbs are picked, processed, and extracted at just the right time when the active ingredients are at their peak.
Natural Factor knows that the natural habitats of many herbs are shrinking and that over-harvesting from the wild can endanger native medicinal plant populations. So organic cultivation of herbs is preferred over "wild crafting".