Life Extension - Enhanced Natural Sleep with Melatonin - 30 Capsules
Life Extension Enhanced Natural Sleep with Melatonin is a natural sleep aid. The consequences of sleep deprivation go far beyond the miseries of fatigue and diminished performance. Decades of clinical research document that a good night’s rest supports nearly all systems of the body, including:
- Skin health and youthful appearance
- Healthy collagen formation
- Insulin levels already within normal range
- Healthy body weight
- Glucose levels already within normal range
- Blood pressure already within normal range
- Healthy cell division
- Cardiovascular health
- Good mood
Scientists attribute sleep-related difficulties to the unprecedented levels of stress most of us endure in today’s fast-paced world.
To add insult to injury, sleep quality and duration decline as we grow older—at a time when we need the health benefits of a good night’s rest more than ever.
To combat the profound impact of chronic sleep debt on health and youthful appearance, Life Extension now offers Enhanced Natural Sleep with Dual-Action Melatonin. This new formula brings together three clinically validated, natural compounds that have been shown to support healthy, restful sleep, promote healthy response to stress, while targeting sleep debt-related factors associated with skin aging. The three ingredients are:
1. Bioactive Milk Peptides (Lactium) is a cutting-edge nutrient complex consisting of patented bioactive peptides found naturally in milk. Used widely in Europe to promote sustained and restful sleep patterns, published studies reveal that these bioactive milk peptides also promote relaxation, help with stress and support daytime cognition.
A group of 60 women reporting a variety of sleep-related difficulties experienced as much as 65.6% improvement in their symptoms with 150 milligrams per day of these bioactive milk peptides. In another study, the same 150 milligram dose induced substantial improvements across 27 markers of sleep quality and stress response in 165 healthy adults. And in a third study, a group of healthy men and women taking 150 milligrams per day of these bioactive milk peptides for one month experienced a 50% improvement in sleep quality after two weeks and needed 30% less time to fall asleep after 4 weeks.
2. Melatonin (very low dose). Melatonin levels naturally decline with age and adversely affect sleep patterns in many people. Both immediate and timed-release melatonin has been shown to support restful sleep. So much so that time-release melatonin has been licensed since June 2007 in Europe and other countries for the short-term treatment of sleep disorders.
3. Sendara. A proprietary nutrient complex consisting of ashwagandha and Indian gooseberry extracts. Prized in traditional cultures for their ability to promote healthy skin function and appearance, these plant-based compounds have since gained substantial clinical validation. Indian gooseberry provides broad-spectrum antioxidant support and has been used to preserve youthful skin health and appearance in many skin care products. Ashwagandha promotes a healthy response to stress, yielding 62% reductions in anxiety compared to placebo with just 125 milligrams per day in one clinical study.
Enhanced Natural Sleep with Dual-Action Melatonin should be taken 30-60 minutes before bedtime to help with sleep.
Life Extension's Vison
Our goal at Life Extension is to increase the quality and longevity of human life with science-based, “cutting edge” formulations. The unique ingredients included in Life Extension products are sometimes five to ten years ahead of the products sold by commercial vitamin companies.
Every week, Life Extension's in-house research staff analyzes thousands of scientific studies, reviews dozens of the world's leading peer-reviewed scientific, health, and medical journals, and interacts with leading anti-aging researchers to uncover the very latest breakthroughs as they relate to nutritional supplementation. This information is then passed on to their product development team which develops scientifically innovative, health-promoting formulations.
For over 25 years, Life Extension has developed nutritional supplements with the highest degree of quality, potency, and purity. Unlike discount supplement providers, Life Extension differentiates itself through quality, not price. Many discount products, for example, use low grade vitamin C imported from China that contains traces of arsenic, lead, and iron. Since the FDA does not believe anyone should take more than 100mg a day of vitamin C, the FDA permits the importation of this contaminated vitamin C. Many Life Extensionists take over 3,000 mg of vitamin C a day, so it is crucial that they use top-quality vitamin C that has gone through 18 purification steps to remove contaminants.
Life Extension’s complete line of nutritional supplements includes vitamins, minerals, amino acids, phyto-nutrients and standardized herbal concentrates.
Life Extension's Commitment to Scientific Research
Commercial companies have made huge profits on products such as coenzyme Q10, melatonin and DHEA, each of which was introduced to the U.S. market by Life Extension at considerable risk. Life Extension performed the research on these products, determined their validity and viability, and subsequently brought them to market based upon the strength of evidence behind them.
In the past seven years, Life Extension has funded over $21 million in research through their affiliations with such esteemed institutions as U.C. Berkeley and Mt. Sinai Medical Center. In 2004, Life Extension's scientists were awarded a $900,000 grant to continue their pioneering work, and they collaborated with BioMarker Pharmaceuticals and scientists at the National Cancer Institute to develop new anti-aging and anti-cancer therapies. This resulted in a recently accepted publication in the prestigious Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
In addition, Life Extension has funded life span studies at the Universities of Wisconsin, California at Riverside, and Arkansas, gene transfer studies at the Gerontology Research Center in Baltimore, neurotransmitter studies to find the key to brain aging at the University of California at Berekely, and resveratrol studies BioMarker Pharmaceuticals in collaboration with Harvard Medical School and Critical Care Research.