Amerifit Brands Brain Strong Prenatal DHA - 30 Multivitamins/30 Vegetarian DHA Softgels
Amerifit Brands Brain Strong Prenatal DHA supports brain & eye development for your baby. Amerifit Brands Brain Strong Prenatal DHA contains 100% of the recommended daily dose of folic acid. Amerifit Brands Brain Strong Prenatal DHA product for pregnant and nursing women containing 350 mg of life’sDHA Omega-3 per serving - the highest level of DHA currently available in OTC prenatal products.
- DHA supports healthy infant brain and eye development during pregnancy and throughout breast feeding
- Folic Acid reduces the risk of brain and spinal cord birth defects
- Vitamins and minerals help to support mom’s health throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding
- All Vegetarian
- Contains 100% of the recommended daily dose of folic acid
- Contains life’sDHA from a fish-free sustainable plant source; it’s also eco-friendly and free from ocean-borne contaminants
- Universal appeal – no restrictions with regard to dietary preference
Complete prenatal multivitamin plus the highest level of folic acid and DHA available without a prescription!
- DHA helps support healthy infant brain and eye development durign pregnancy and throughout breast feeding.
- All natural plant source of DHA omega-3. Contains no ocean-borne contaminants.
- Folic acid reduces the risk of brain and spinal cord birth defects.
- Contains vitamins and minerals to support mom's health throughout pregnancy and breast feeding.
The Brain and DHA
What is DHA?
DHA, docosahexaenoic acid, is a long-chain polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acid. While many food products claim to be good sources of omega-3s, not all omega-3s are created equal. There are three major omega-3s: ALA, EPA, and DHA, each with distinct health benefits:
- ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) is a source of energy but there are no known independent benefits of ALA on brain or eye development and function.
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) has been shown to support heart health.
- DHA benefits brain, eye, and heart health throughout life. Numerous studies confirm that everyone, from infants to adults, benefits from an adequate supply of DHA.
Why Do We Need DHA?
DHA is one of the good fats found throughout the body. It’s a structural fat that goes straight to the tissues such as those in the brain, to keep them functioning to the best of their ability. Just as calcium is essential for building strong bones, DHA ensures that the cells in the brain, retina, heart and other parts of the nervous system develop and function properly from infancy through adulthood.
DHA accounts for up to 97% of the omega-3 fatty acids in the brain and 93% of the omega-3 fatty acids in the retina. It also plays a key role in the anti-inflammatory process, is a key component of the heart and is naturally found in breast milk.
DHA is like brain nutrition, and the brain and eyes have significant requirements for preformed DHA. The body continually turns over DHA throughout the lifecycle and it is important to replenish the stores of DHA in our bodies. While the body can convert DHA from its precursor fatty acids, this process is inefficient and varies from person to person. Since our bodies don’t produce the DHA we need, we need to consume it through food, beverages or supplements.
Years ago, the average American diet included a lot more DHA, but these days — given our consumption of highly processed foods, and of farmed fish (which do not contain the same levels of DHA like ocean fish do), along with the growing number of vegetarians — most people need to supplement their diets with DHA.
Dietary Source of DHA:
Fatty fish, such as tuna, salmon, mackerel and trout. (Most people believe that fish produce their own DHA, but it’s actually the algae fish eat that make them a rich source of DHA.) DHA-enriched products: life'sDHA, a natural plant source of DHA, is currently used to enrich hundreds of foods, beverages and dietary supplements.
About Amerifit Brands
Amerifit Brands is a branch of i-Health. i-Health, Inc is a division of DSM Nutritional Products, a consumer health and wellness company that develops, markets and distributes branded products that support natural wellness. i- Health, Inc. is driven by a solid foundation of powerful brands and excellent customers. We hold the #1 brand position in all of our key product categories and can be found in most major mass, club, drug, grocery and specialty stores. Our dedication to quality is a commitment solidly backed by quality ingredients, stringent quality control measures and continuous improvement through research and innovation. We believe in best in class formulations and rely on strong science to support our brands.
i-Health Mission Statement
i-Health, Inc. is a unique health and wellness company committed to improving the lives of our consumers through innovative and effective Natural and Over the Counter consumer health products consistent with our values.
Confidence: With confidence in proven abilities to succeed, we inspire others to share our passion for our market-leading brands and support our initiatives.
Excellence: We strive for excellence by establishing the highest standards of quality for our products and fostering a high performance culture throughout the organization.
Progressive: To flourish in a dynamic, environmentally responsible marketplace we focus on future possibilities through continuous improvement, a willingness to take risks, and embracing change.
Unified: By working together, sharing responsibility and decision-making, we multiply the creativity, talents, and contributions of individuals to better accomplish our common goals.
life'sDHA is from all-natural, vegetarian source (algae); not fish. Most people think that fish are the original source of DHA omega-3, but it's really the algae they eat that naturally contains this brain health omega-3. With life'sDHA, you get all the health benefits of DHA without the worry of ocean-borne pollutants and toxins potentially found in certain fish.