Roberts Research Laboratories Collagen Care Pure Collagen Gel For The Skin - 7.5 fl. oz. (200 ml)
Roberts Research Laboratories Collagen Care Pure Collagen Gel, produced by DeMert Brands, is a natural wrinkle fighter recommended for bags under the eyes, facial wrinkles, stretch marks, and dry, irritated skin. Collagen is a natural protein that makes up about 25% of the body. Collagen is mainly found in tendons, muscles, skin, hair, eye, heart. It provides structure to the body and support and connects organs to the skeleton. Collagen is mainly composed of amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) and is the main protein in connective tissue.
An easy way to understand collagen is the glue that holds the body together and is responsible for skin's elasticity. Collagen occurs in many places throughout the body. So far, only 29 types of collagen have been identified and described. Over 90% of the collagen in the body, however, is of type I.
- Collagen One: skin, tendon, vascular, ligature, organs, bone (main component of bone)
- Collagen Two: cartilage (main component of cartilage)
- Collagen Three: reticulate (main component of reticular fibers), commonly found alongside type I.
- Collagen Four: forms bases of cell basement membrane
- Collagen Five: cells surfaces, hair and placenta
As you get older, collagen production diminish and the skin start to show signs of aging such as lip wrinkles and sagging skin. The skin losses elasticity and its capacity to retain moisture. The skin becomes dryer and fine lines and wrinkles will be deeper. Collagen Care Pure Collagen Gel can help support your skin, and even reverse some of the signs of aging and stretch marks.