HappyBaby Organic Puffs Sweet Potato 2.1 oz. (60 g)
HappyBaby Organic Puffs Sweet Potato are finger food for babies that have been fortified with Iron, Vitamin D, Calcium and B Vitamins, and sweetened with 100% fruit juice and made with whole grains. Sweet Potato Puffs melt in baby's mouth. Happy Baby Organic Puffs are different than other first foods on the market. They contain half the sugar of the leading brands, are a good source of Iron, Vitamin D, Calcium, and B Vitamins, and are made with whole grains. HappyBaby Organic Sweet Potato Puffs contain no dairy, corn, soy or gluten.
When is your baby ready for puffs? HappyBaby develops only the very best for your baby. You will know that your baby is ready to try puffs when they can do the following:
- Crawl on their hands and knees, without their tummy touching the floor.
- Eat thicker solids with larger pieces.
- Use their jaws to mash foods with gums.
- Pick up food to eat on their own with thumb and forefinger.
The Happy Baby Difference:
- Always Organic: Never any artificial flavorings. Sweetened with 100% fruit juice. Sweet Potato puffs are made with organic whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Fortified with vitamins & minerals: Enriched with 40 IUs (10%) of your baby’s recommended daily value of Vitamin D. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, many infants are deficient in this vital nutrient.
- Recommended by: Dr. Bob Sears, renowned pediatrician and author of The Baby Book.
- Better Value: HappyBaby containers hold 40% more product than the leading brands.
- Green Packaging: They are made with 25% recycled materials, are BPA free, and are recyclable.
- HappyBaby supports sustainable agriculture. No pesticides, chemical fertilizers, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
HAPPYBABY is committed to making baby and toddler food as healthy and delicious as homemade with the essential nutrients needed for optimal growth and development. They are socially responsible in all that they do. HappyBaby uses their collective talent to create the best possible products, grow their business, and give back to those in need.
- HAPPYBABY is committed to providing families with the healthiest, most optimal nutrition possible. Besides using the best organic ingredients, they also incorporate the best nature has to offer when it comes to added nutrition, like their sustainable source of DHA, pre and probiotics, and supergrains like Salba and Quinoa.
- HAPPYBABY has partnered with Dr. Sears, well known author and pediatrician to ensure the healthiest formulations possible for baby's growing body. They work together to create products that he feels good about recommending to his patients and you.
- HAPPYBABY has made a promise to themselves and to you. They work hard every day to ensure that their foods are safe, of the highest quality, so you do not need to think about it! You can count on Happy Baby to offer items without added sugar, trans fats, anything artificial, and always in the safest packaging.
- HAPPYBABY makes the best informed decisions about their foods, sourcing and packaging so that they make the very best for their world as well as your family. Happy Baby is constantly making improvements to their offerings and reducing their carbon footprint.
- HAPPYBABY works with Project Peanut Butter to help feed starving children in Malawi. Every package purchased contributes to this effort.
- HAPPYBABY promises to always support organic. They believe that children deserve delicious foods free from chemicals, pesticides, artificial ingredients, and preservatives. Healthy bodies, healthy world.
Launched in 2006, HAPPYBABY is a leading premium organic baby and toddler food brand. HAPPYBABY is also the only brand to feature a complete line of nutrition – from cereals to snacks – for young children’s growing bodies, and is consistently recognized for the superior taste and nutrition of their products.
What is Salba?
Salba, THE Super Grain, is nature's most nutritious grain. It is the best whole food source of Omega 3's and fiber. Salba is high in protein, fiber and antioxidants. A greatsource of vitamins and minerals, it is also certified Non-GMO, Vegan, Kosher, and Gluten-Free.
One serving of Salba™ is equal to:
- 8x more Omega-3's than salmon
- 25% more dietary fiber than flax
- 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
- 15x more magnesium than broccoli
- 7x more antioxidants than an orange
- 6x more calcium than milk
- 3x more iron than spinach
- 1.1x more fiber than all bran
Some of the HAPPYBITES contain soybean oil, but do not list soy as an allergen. Why is that?
While soybean oil is certainly derived from soybeans, as a purified (protein-free) oil, it does not contain the allergenic protein compound, and can be used in products without labeling the soy allergen.
Are there any traces of milk or dairy in HAPPYBELLIES cereals?
HAPPYBELLIES cereal does not include any traces of milk or dairy.
One of the probiotics in HAPPYBELLIES cereals, Lactobacillus Casei, sounds like it might be dairy-based; but, in fact, it was named only because of where it was initally discovered (in milk cultures). Its inclusion in the product does not indicate that there is milk protein in the product. HappyBaby does not use now, nor have they ever included milk product(s), milk proteins, or milk derivatives in the culturing of their probiotic strains for the HAPPYBELLIES line. Their line of probiotics is grown in an allergen free media to increase the microbiological “load” (sheer numbers of organisms..), then strained, washed, and freeze-dried to inactive the organisms prior to blending and addition into the cereal.
Do you need to refrigerate HAPPYFAMILY products to keep the probiotics viable?
You do not need to refrigerate the probiotics. They become live and active when mixed with liquid. The technology for freeze drying probiotics has improved tremendously over the past 5 years or so. Now, you can buy probiotic supplements that do not have to be refrigerated. Happy Baby has tested HAPPYBELLIES cereal after 9 months shelf life and find hundreds of millions (at least 450M) of live and active cultures per 14 gram serving. They use the same strains that are found naturally in breast milk, only at higher concentrations.
Why aren't your salmon and oats certified organic?
There are currently no organic standards for seafood. The oats are organic but because they are processed in a facility that also handles wheat, they cannot be certified organic.
Is there any mercury in HAPPYBABY salmon?
Just as fruits and vegetables contain traces of nitrates, nearly all fish and shellfish contain traces of mercury.
By following these 3 recommendations for selecting and eating fish or shellfish, women and young children will receive the benefits of eating fish and shellfish and be confident that they have reduced their exposure to the harmful effects of mercury.
- Do not eat shark, swordfish, king mackerel, or tilefish because they contain high levels of mercury.
- Eat up to 12 ounces (2 average meals) per week of a variety of fish and shellfish that are lower in mercury. 5 of the most commonly eaten fish that are low in mercury are shrimp, canned light tuna, salmon, pollock, and catfish. Salmon also contains more of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids than any other common fish. These omega-3 fatty acids are important for babies brain and eye development. Another commonly eaten fish, albacore ("white") tuna has more mercury than canned light tuna. The best safe recommendations say that a 25-pound toddler can have about 1/3 can of light tuna per week. Many people and organizations, including the Environmental Working Group and the Natural Resources Defenses Council, recommend against any white (albacore) tuna consumption for young children and pregnant women.
- Check local advisories about the safety of fish caught by family and friends in your local lakes, rivers, and coastal areas. If no advice is available, you should eat up to 6 ounces of fish you catch from local waters (one average meal) per week, but don't consume any other fish during that week.
Are HAPPYBELLIES cereals whole grains?
Yes, they use only whole grain brown rice, oats, amaranth, and quinoa in HAPPYBELLIES cereal.
Why are HAPPYBABY and HAPPYBITES frozen meals good for 1 year when homemade is safe only for 3-4 months?
Freezing is nature's best preservative. It locks in the nutrients that can decline over time with fresh produce, and “fresh” baby food that has been on the shelf for 60+ days.
HAPPYBABY cooking, flash-freezing, and sealing are controlled to guarantee specific temperatures whereas most food prepared at home is not. They also send our batches to a lab for testing to ensure the safest, highest quality food for your baby.
Is it safe to microwave HAPPYBABY fresh, frozen meals in the plastic tray?
HAPPYBABY freezer trays are the safest food grade plastic. They are suitable for microwaving, but it is recommended to pop out the cubes because all heated plastic, even the safest kind, can have some amount of leaching with heat.
Are HAPPYFAMILY products kosher?
HAPPYPUFFS are kosher. Other products are not at the present time, but HappyBaby is looking into getting those kosher certified.
Are all ingredients in HAPPYBABY products organic?
All of the fruits, vegetables, meats, and seasonings in HAPPYFAMILY products are organic, except for the wild, Alaskan salmon in HAPPYBABY Super Salmon and our HAPPYBITES Salmon Stix.
Does HAPPYBABY contain nitrates?
Nitrates are a naturally occurring form of nitrogen found in soil and water. As such, a certain level of nitrates is to be expected in foods and is not a concern with regard to health. To make sure the levels aren't too high and to ensure safety for our little customers, all HAPPYBABY meals undergo a rigorous testing process during production. So, you can rest assured that HAPPYBABY meals do not present a risk to your baby.
Is HAPPYBABY food tested?
Every batch of each of baby food lines (HAPPYBABY, HAPPYBELLIES, HAPPYMELTS, HAPPYPUFFS, HAPPYBITES, and HAPPYTOTS) is tested by an independent lab to ensure it is 100% safe for Baby.
Is HAPPYBABY food hot when the trays are filled?
HAPPYBABY “cold fills” their products into the trays to prevent any possible leaching from the plastic which can occur from hot fill. Other baby food companies are known to hot fill their plastic containers.
Why is wild salmon better than farmed salmon?
Farmed salmon generally contains higher levels of mercury. Farmed salmon also contains about 2 to10 times the levels of PCBs, DDT, dioxins, pesticides, and other suspected carcinogens than wild caught salmon.
What kind of plastics are the HAPPYBABY trays made of?
The plastic containers that HAPPYBABY uses are the safest food grade plastic and are certified for use in infant and baby food products.
Concerns about using plastic containers with food are mostly related to a compound known as phthalates. These containers do not have any known risks and do not contain any phthalates, PBB's, PBDE's or bisphenol-A (BPA). They are made from 100% virgin polypropylene, which is manufactured without the use of chlorine, thus eliminating the hazards of deadly dioxin releases during manufacture and incineration that occur with some other plastics.
Is HAPPYBABY packaging recyclable?
The HAPPYBABY trays are recyclable #5. The outer boxes of both HAPPYBABY and HAPPYBITES are recyclable. The HAPPYPUFFS containers are recyclable. The HAPPYBELLIES cereal canister is made from 50% post-consumer recyclable materials, and the plastic top is recyclable.
Their newest line of pouches (HAPPYBABY 1, 2, and 3; HAPPYTOT 4) are BPA free and have a lower carbon footprint than traditional glass-jarred baby food.
How much iron should my baby intake every day?
A 7-12 month old baby needs 11 milligrams of iron per day.
HAPPYBELLIES organic multi-grain cereal contains 6.6 milligrams of iron per serving (each serving is 4 tablespoons.) So, if your baby eats 6 tablespoons of HAPPYBELLIES organic multi-grain cereal per day, she is getting about 10 milligrams of iron from the cereal. This is below Baby's necessary iron intake, but there is such a thing as too much iron for your baby, so make sure you check other food labels to make sure that Baby is not eating large servings of many heavily iron-fortified foods each day. The safe upper limit of iron intake for most children is 40 milligrams.
Where are HAPPYBABY meals produced?
HAPPYBABY meals are produced in U.S. facilities in the west and mid-west.
Does heating HAPPYBELLIES cereal kill the probiotics in it?
Warm water, breast milk, or formula will not kill the probiotics in HAPPYBELLIES cereals. In order to kill the probiotics, the temperature would have to be at least 165 degrees farenheit (which is pretty darn hot) for the probiotics to be compromised. This would be way too hot for feeding.
How should I heat up HAPPYBABY fresh, frozen organic meals?
HAPPYBABY fresh, frozen organic meals for baby can be defrosted in a number of ways. You can leave it at room temperature, place a container of cubes in a bowl of hot water, or heat it on the stove or in a microwave.
How long will HAPPYBABY fresh, frozen organic meals keep in the freezer?
As long as the plastic film is sealed, HAPPYBABY fresh, frozen organic meals for baby will keep for up to 1 year in the freezer.
Where does HAPPYBABY get its ingredients?
Ingredients in HAPPYBABY and HAPPYBELLIES products come from organic farmers, primarily in California, Oregon, and Washington. Tropical fruits--bananas and mangoes--are sourced from an organic farmer in Mexico. Quinoa comes from organic farms in Bolivia or Peru; and amaranth comes from organic farms in Argentina or Turkey.
Once HAPPYBABY frozen meals have been defrosted, how long is it safe to eat?
Once defrosted, our HAPPYBABY fresh, frozen organic baby meals are good for 1-3 days when stored in the refrigerator, or up to 3 hours at room temperature.
How long does it take for HAPPYBABY frozen meals to defrost?
It takes frozen baby food about 1.5 - 2 hours to defrost.
Who creates the HAPPYBABY recipes?
These recipes are developed using many people's input. Parents often make suggestions, and then the recipes themselves are developed by food industry professionals, healthcare professionals who advise HAPPYBABY (including Dr. Sears and Amy Marlow, RD MPH CDN), and the socially responsible businesswomen who run the company.
Why should I choose organic foods for my child?
Organic fruits and vegetables are grown without the use of synthetic chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Organic packaged foods, like HAPPYBABY meals, are made with organic ingredients and are packaged in facilities that are certified to meet strict USDA organic standards.
Are HAPPYBABY products procuced in a nut-free facility?
All HAPPYFAMILY products are produced in nut-free facilities except for the HAPPYBITES line.
Why should I use frozen baby foods for my baby?
As you've surely noticed by looking at HAPPYBABY foods, freezing preserves the components in fruits and vegetables that provide their vibrant color. What you can't see is that freezing preserves the nutrients, too.
What is DHA and where does it come from?
DHA is the acronym for decosahexanoic acid, an essential omega-3 fat that is crucial for vision and brain development in babies.
What are probiotics?
Probiotics are "friendly bacteria" that live in our intestines and help the immune system by discouraging the growth of harmful disease-causing bacteria.
What are prebiotics and what do they do?
Prebiotics are non-digestible foods that remain in the digestive tract and help help good bacteria grow and flourish. Prebiotics keep beneficial bacteria healthy. Prebiotics mostly come from carbohydrate fibers called oligosaccharides. You don't digest them, so the oligosaccharides remain in the digestive tract and stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria. Sources of oligosaccharides include fruits, legumes, and whole grains.
Is HAPPYFAMILY packaging safe and earth-friendly?
All HAPPYBABY packaging is BPA-free and phthalate-free.
What is Project Peanut Butter?
Project Peanut Butter is run by Dr. Mark Manary, professor of pediatrics at Washington University’s School of Medicine. He developed a revolutionary treatment called Plumpy Nut that is the most successful in treating malnourished children. PPB works with families in Malawi and Sierra Leone, among the world’s poorest countries with the highest rates of childhood mortality.
In addition, PPB is extremely well run so that over 95% of the money raised goes to fulfilling its mission. That is why The World Food Programme and UNICEF assist PPB.
What temperature are HAPPYBABY meals cooked at?
HAPPYBABY fresh frozen meals are cooked to similar temperatures that you would cook a meal at home. The vegetables and fruits are steamed to 160 degrees for a few minutes until soft and easy to digest. The black beans are soaked and cooked until tender, and the rice and quinoa are cooked until soft.