BrainSustain Neuro Actives by Dr. Perlmutter's iNutritionals (Xymogen)
Brainsustain NeuroActives™ is a dietary supplement designed by internationally recognized Board Certified Neurologist David Perlmutter, MD, FACN. Its unique formula provides the potent brain protective and mental performance enhancing levels of N-acetyl-cysteine, phosphatidylserine, acetyl-L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, and Ginkgo biloba found in Brain Sustain™ powder, now in a convenient capsule form. Extensive published clinical research supports the effectiveness of these powerful ingredients in supporting brain health.
Take 2-4 capsules daily as directed by your health care professional. Dr. Perlmutter recommends if you take this product you also take a multi-vitamin.
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) dramatically increases the bodys production of glutathione, one of the brains most important antioxidants. NAC itself is a potent antioxidant shown to reduce formation of nitric oxide, a free radical implicated for a causative role in Parkinsons disease, Alzheimers disease, and other neurodegenerative disorders.(1)
* Phosphatidylserine produces marked memory and learning improvements in demented patients, according to research conducted at Stanford University.(2) Like acetyl-L-carnitine and coenzyme Q-10, phosphatidylserine plays an important role in neuronal energy production and chemical communication.
* Acetyl-L-Carnitine, like coenzyme Q-10, enhances neuronal energy pro-duction by transporting fuel sources into the mitochondria the energy producing machinery of the neuron. This particularly benefits damaged brain neurons, which are characterized by decreased energy producing ability. In addition, acetyl-L-carnitine acts as an effective antioxidant and been demon-strated to protect laboratory animals from developing parkinsonism when they are exposed to chemicals known to induce the condition.(3) A report in a recent issue of Neurology found that acetyl-L-carnitine profoundly reduces the rate of progression of Alzheimers disease in younger patients.(4)
* Alpha Lipoic Acid provides powerful antioxidant action and regenerates other important brain antioxidants including vitamins E, C, and glutathione. Unlike other antioxidants, alpha lipoic acid is both fat- and water-soluble, greatly enhancing its ability to be absorbed from the gut and penetrate into the brain.(5)
* Coenzyme Q-10 measurably increases the efficiency of cellular energy production, as demonstrated in studies performed at the Massachusetts General Hospital.(6) In addition, it serves as a potent brain antioxidant. These effects explain why major institutions worldwide are vigorously evaluating coenzyme Q10 as a therapeutic aid in brain disorders.(7)
* Gingko biloba, one of the most extensively studied nutritional supplements for neurodegenerative conditions, directly improves brain metabolism, increases brain blood flow, and provides antioxidant action. In a placebo-controlled, double-blind randomized trial published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, Gingko biloba not only stabilized Alzheimers disease; many subjects demonstrated an actual improvement noted in various standardized psychological tests.(8)
About Dr. Perlmutter's iNutritionals (Xymogen)
Ids Sports is a sports and bodybuilding supplement company that is committed to providing our customers with the most innovative bodybuilding supplements and sports supplement products in the industry. The company works diligently to develop breakthrough technology that is used to manufacture new products that deliver results. Ids Sports’ sustained commitment to its customers allows it to grow and provide the most state-of-the-art products to date.
725 S. Kirkman Rd.
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.