American Biologics Vegan Oxy Flavone Antioxidant - 60 Vegetarian Capsules
American Biologics Vegan Oxy Flavone provides a wide selection of full spectrum extracts from flavonoid-rich botanicals. American Biologics Vegan Oxy Flavone Antioxidant, water-soluble botanicals are considered to be highly effective antioxidants. Current science suggests that American Biologics Vegan Oxy Flavone Antioxidant support and rejuvenate connective tissue, contribute to immune function, circulatory and liver health. Although similar formulas are available, many lack the especially high potencies of Quercetin and the trademark protected Pycnogenol, as found in American Biologics Vegan Oxy Flavone. Both are valuable, well researched compounds and are considered to maximize anti-oxidative and anti-allergenic benefits.
Flavonoids have gained a respectable amount of scientifically validated recognition as antioxidants. They scavenge damaging oxidative particles in the body known as free radicals. Free radicals can damage cell membranes, tamper with DNA, and may even cause cell death. They occur naturally in the body. Environmental toxins such as ultraviolet rays from the sun, cigarette smoke, air pollution and bad dietary choices also generate excessive amounts of these damaging particles. Althout it is not possible to escape from free radicals, antioxidants can help to neutralize and reduce them or even help prevent some of the damage they cause. There are also numerous research reports pointing to flavonoid use in addressing LDL (bad) cholesterol. Current science suggests that high levels of LDL are a contributing factor to premature biological aging and heart disease.
In nature, flavonoids fulfill many functions. An especially important function is to protect plants from attack by microbes and insects. Scientists have long explored whether or not flavonoids offer protection to the human body and both scientific and public interest in flavonoids has grown enormously. Some of the research refers to them as "nature's biological response modifiers", and it further points to their inherent ability to have a positive effect on the body's reaction to allergens, viruses, and carcinogens.
American Biologics' Vegan Oxy Flavone provides full spectrum botanical extracts, not just isolated flavonoids. They are well-known extracts with perceived and well-documented biochemical actions which reportedly preserve and maximize the synergistic activity of the naturally-occurring phytonutrient compounds. Vegan Oxy Flavone is a potent formula of the following extracts in one convenient vegetarian capsule:
- Green Tea Extract (150 mg) - a rich source of polyphenols, standardized to 65% catechins for superior activity. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition suggests that green tea extract significantly increased metabolism through thermogenic properties that promote fat oxidation.
- Quercetin (100 mg) - a concentrated source of hesperidin, naringen, and other flavonoids. Quercetin has a suggested antihistaminic action that may help to relieve allergic and asthmatic symptoms. As many other flavonoids, quercetin is said to prevent the oxidation of LDL cholesterol and may therefore help reduce symptoms including fatigue, depression and anxiety.
- Red Grape Extract (100 mg) - prepared from the whole grape, grape seeds and grape stems; reportedly supplying proanthocyanidins, resveratrol and other compounds considered to be beneficial. These red grape extracts have reportedly demonstrated antioxidant and detoxification properties. Research suggests that they may be effective artery protectors and possibly inflammation dampers. Red grape is thought to promote healthy collagen formation and cardiovascular health.
- Bilberry Extract (50 mg) - standardized to 25% anthocyanosides. Bilberry fruit contains high concentrations of tannins, substances that help act as both an astringent and possibly as a deterrent to inflammation. It also contains compounds called anthocyanidins that are thought to contribute to building strong capillaries which could lead to improving circulation throughout the entire body.
- Milk Thistle Seed (50 mg) - supplies 80% silymarin, reportedly a liver-protective flavonolignan. Milk thistle seed may be beneficial when addressing liver toxins. Researchers suggest that those taking the milk thistle seed extract appeared to achieve improvements to liver function tests and liver health.
- Ginkgo Biloba Extract (40 mg) - premium 24% extract with less than 1% ginkgolic acid (an undesirable component). Ginkgo Biloba use has achieved an impressive amount of recognition and it is suspected that it may increase blood flow to the brain and body. This would further suggest that it could address concentration and memory issues including mental fatigue, dizziness, some headaches and lack of energy. If improved blood circulation is achieved, one would also expect to benefit from improved circulatory-related health issues.
- Pycnogenol (10 mg) - the patented brand name for an extract from the bark of the French maritime pine tree. This special pine bark is loaded with a concentrate of active bioflavonoids. Extensive research over a period of more than 30 years has established its safety and explored its many benefits. Pycnogenol is said to mop-up all kinds of aggressive free radicals, before they can cause damage through oxidative stress or inflammation. Current science suggests it selectively binds to collagen and elastin while helping in the production of endothelial nitric oxide which is considered to play a role in expanding blood vessels. Pycnogenol is also thought to help in boosting the immune system and strengthen blood vessel walls and capillaries.
American Biologics, a highly respected nutritional supplement company, is known for its line of science and evidence-based, high-quality nutritional supplements. American Biologics' quality control standards, and the scrutiny they undergo to offer products that are well tolerated by even sensitive individuals, are recognized by prominent healthcare professionals worldwide.
When it comes to making sound choices for effective nutritional supplementation, trust American Biologics to work with the highest purity grades of raw materials and selectively chosen flowing agents, while utilizing good manufacturing practices. American Biologics' science-based formulations are designed by reputable biochemists/cell biologists.
Founded in 1978, American Biologics is owned by Carole Bradford, and managed by Carole Bradford and Brigitte Byrd, the company’s general manager. Each is known for their 30 years plus of exceptional vision and commitment to the industry. This is also demonstrated annually, when the company exclusively sponsors the acclaimed American Biologics’ “International Integrative Medicine Symposium,” connecting world-renowned lecturers and like-minded healthcare practitioners to share information and experiences.
American Biologics believes in making informed health choices and are serious about targeted nutrition, a commitment that is mirrored in their pride and love for this industry and their company’s mission to help bring quality of life through optimal health.