Pet Naturals of Vermont Lawn Aid For Dogs Chicken Liver Flavored - 60 Chews
Pet Naturals of Vermont Lawn Aid For Dogs Chicken Liver Flavored is a formula designed to balance your dog’s urine pH to prevent unsightly discoloration of your lawn. This combination of Cranberry, Yucca, DL-Methionine and Brewers Yeast helps to keep grass green all season long. Cranberry Extract also supports proper urinary tract health.
Taste tests reveal 97% palatability!
- Prevents lawn discoloration caused by nitrogen burn.
- Helps reduce ammonia and nitrogen concentration in the urine.
- Supports bladder and urinary tract health.
- Includes Cranberry Extract.
About the Formula
- Methionine is an amino acid that helps reduce ammonia.
- Brewer’s Yeast contains B vitamins for a light diuretic effect, which means that the dog is urinating more with urine that has a lower nitrogen concentrtation. Lower nitrogen concentration will help fertilize the lawn rather than give the lawn a nitrogen burn or dog spot.
- Yucca Schidigera is an herb that binds ammonia, which helps to reduce the nitrogen burn effect caused by urine.
- Cranberry Extract is an herb that helps to maintain urinary tract health.
Dogs, Urine and Lawn burn:
Lawn burn is caused by the nitrogen in dog urine.
Urine contains a high level of Urea products.
Urea has the highest concentration of nitrogen for all solid nitrogenous fertilizers in common use. Nitrogen waste products are the result of normal protein break down in the body and are responsible for the “lawn burn”.
Female dogs are more likely to cause lawn burn because they empty the entire bladder in one location instead or lifting their leg and marking like males.
Large dogs increase the quantity of nitrogen in one location due to large urine deposits making the lawn more likely to burn.
The primary goal when trying to reduce urine damage to lawns is to minimize the nitrogen concentration in the urine.