Essential Formulas - Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics Original Formula - 60 Capsules
Essential Formulas Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics Original Formula was developed by award winning microbiologist Iichiroh Ohhira, PH. D and research scientists from Okayam University, Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics Original Formula combines ancient Japanese fermentation techniques with modern technology. Twelve strains of lactic acid bacteria, including super potent TH10, are used in the fermentation of vegetables, fruits, seaweeds and mushrooms. Essential Formulas biogenic matrix (the rich culture medium pre-biotic and natural organic acids) improves the gut environment and is what distinguishes this product from mere probiotics. Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics is a registered trademark of Essential Formulas.
Honor Your Gut Instinct
Improve your internal environment with a system that is much more than a mere probiotic. Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics combines ancient fermentation skills and modern science to create a powerful formula that changes the GI environment to benefit all healthful strains and to discourage the bad. This unique product was developed by renowned microbiologist Iichiroh Ohhira, Ph.D. and a team of distinguished research scientists from Okayama University.
Essential Formulas Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics Original Formula:
- Balanced and Vigorous Twelve carefully selected strains are used in a 3-year fermentation process to maximize health-giving properties and to foster the strongest bacteria.
- Ready to Work The fermented original culture medium of nutritious mushrooms, vegetables, fruits and seaweed is encapsulated with the bacteria to provide a most effective and well-tolerated pre-biotic.
- Broad and Lasting Benefits Organic acids naturally produced by bacteria help improve digestive pH for the benefit of the hundreds of other beneficial strains in your system - some strains are unique to the individual.
- Uniquely Strong Proprietary strain TH10 is 6 times stronger than other probiotics.
- Safe Guaranteed free of Soil-Based Organisms (SBO's).
- Effective Guaranteed to cohere in the GI tract. Proven in university studies.
- Hypo-allergenic No dairy, soy or gluten.
- Stable No refrigeration is needed because fermentation takes place at ambient temperatures- convenient. Impressive 3 year shelf life.
- Perfectly Natural 100%vegetarian, including the soft capsule, non-GMO and free of pesticides and chemicals.
Why do you need to support the friendly bacteria?
Textbooks tell us that the hundreds of strains (3-4 lbs) of friendly bacteria in the gut perform these fundamental roles:
- Manufacture vitamins such as A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, K and Biotin
- Crowd out pathogens and create substances (bacteriocins) that kill them.
- However, stress, chlorinated water, diets too high in processed foods, illness,antibiotics, hormone replacement, other medicines and medical treatments are a few of the things that can disrupt the delicate balance of organisms. Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics helps to restore the hundreds of strains of friendly bacteria necessary for optimal health.
Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics 12 is like no other product. Each of the strains was scientifically chosen for a special purpose. Proprietary TH 10 has been shown to be especially virulent against worrisome modern threats. Dr. Ohhira's attention to energetics is unusual and inspiring. For example, the organic plant material culture medium is much richer in nutrient energy and is better tolerated than the usual soy or dairy. Only crystal mountain spring water is used and the cultures are grown in an environment infused with classical music which is known to improve activity levels of bacteria. The love Dr. Ohhira adds is an important energy bonus.
Blister-packed for freshness and product integrity, Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics is highly portable for the consumer and stable at room temperature in a purse or on the night stand - it has a three year shelf life. Of course Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics contains no artificial additives,chemicals, preservatives, coloring, flavoring, animal by-products, chemical fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are probiotics?
Not all bacteria are bad for you. In fact, the human body needs many bacteria to stay healthy! Helpful bacteria are called probiotics. They live in the intestinal tract and other regions of the body, including on the surface of the skin. Probiotics are best known for their role in the gut, promoting a healthy digestive pH and supporting regularity. Science is quickly discovering dozens of other benefits of a healthy probiotic population including:
- Supporting immune system response
- Balancing hormones
- Making vitamins
- Detoxifying the body
- Helping your body digest and absorb nutrients from food and other supplements
Why do we need probiotic supplements?
Modern lifestyles can be very harsh on beneficial bacteria. Stress, processed foods, second-hand antibiotics, and chlorinated water can alter your "micro ecology." These lifestyle factors can reduce the population of sensitive healthy bacteria. Meanwhile less helpful bacteria and yeasts begin to thrive on the abundance of carbohydrates and sugars consumed each day. The balance is disrupted; this can lead to fatigue and a compromised immune response. Thankfully, probiotic support through supplementation can help sustain the digestive tract balance by re-introducing beneficial bacteria. Using natural probiotic-based skin care products can help restore dermal probiotic balance, too.
How many beneficial bacteria do I need in my digestive tract?
There are billions of bacteria in the human digestive tract. Science has found that the ratio of good to bad bacteria needs to be at least 85:15. To maintain that balance, you need to provide both probiotic and prebiotic support for the gut. It's clear that probiotic supplementation is vital to support good health. But it's also important to note that not all probiotic supplements are the same. Some that boast "billions and billions" of bacteria may actually supply too many of one strain, causing the immune system to respond to a perceived threat. Another mistake many consumers make is to supplement only with probiotics, while failing to take any prebiotics. Prebiotics are substances that help nourish probiotics and, along with organic acids, encourage the supplemented probiotics to take root. Prebiotics also nourish and feed pre-existing probiotic strains that are completely unique to each individual.
How do probiotics help support immune response?
Currently, science has established that approximately 70% of immune system cells reside in the digestive tract. Probiotics support those immune system cells by, among other things, crowding out unfriendly guests. The gut is the first line of immune defense, and to stay healthy, we need a healthy population of friendly bacteria.
Why should I choose Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics?
Live Bacteria Guaranteed to Take Root: A probiotic supplement is helpful when the beneficial bacteria actually take root in the digestive tract and support the body's ability to develop its own unique strains of probiotics. Created by award-winning microbiologist Iichiroh Ohhira, Ph.D., Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics contain viable bacteria (not freeze-dried or centrifuged) that are guaranteed to cohere in the colon.
Complete Probiotic and Prebiotic System: Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics are fermented for three years using 12 strains (12 Probiotic Strains) of lactic acid bacteria (LAB) including the proprietary TH10 strain which reportedly is six times stronger than any other known LAB strain. The probiotic supplement is encapsulated along with its prebiotic culture medium of nutritious vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, and seaweed and the naturally developed organic acids, which help alter the pH of the colon so the good bacteria can thrive. This provides nutrition and a level playing field for the good bacteria, further ensuring their success. The prebiotic nutrition also feeds the unique probiotic strains that were already present in your gut. Dr. Ohhira's probiotic blend includes nutrition that supports your own individual microecology!
In addition to prebiotics and organic acids, the culture medium provides nutritious vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids. Digestive support, bacteriocins, and hydrogen peroxide also help maintain the delicate micro flora garden living in your digestive tract. Being able to take one capsule that covers probiotics, prebiotics, and organic acids provides peace of mind that the supplement will successfully supply noticeable whole health support.
- Convenience: The fermentation process used to craft Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics is conducted at seasonal temperatures. This results in a very stable product that does not require refrigeration. Individually blister-packed capsules preserve potency, ensure purity, and are convenient for travel.
- Relief: All probiotic supplements should be taken regularly for at least three months to achieve the most extensive whole health benefits. Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics provide more immediate relief, soothing the effects of occasional heartburn and digestive discomfort because the culture medium has a balancing effect in the stomach.
Scientific Support: Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics is backed by over 20 university-based scientific studies.
What other dietary supplements and products do you offer?
- Dietary Supplements: Along with the award-winning Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics, Dr. Ohhira has formulated a Brazilian green propolis product and vegan Omega-3, 6, and 9 plant and seed oils. Together, probiotics, propolis, and vegan omegas provide strong supplementation to address modern health challenges.
- Skin and Beauty Care: Probiotics are good for your skin too! Dr. Ohhira has crafted a beauty bar and a growing selection of moisturizers that contain his probiotic support blend and botanical ingredients to help cleanse and nourish the skin naturally. These products are incredible for sensitive skin and contain no artificial chemicals, fragrances, or surfactants.
I am allergic to soy and notice that it is listed on your label as one of the ingredients. Can I safely take Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics?
During Dr. Ohhira's three-year fermentation process any allergy-causing soy proteins are broken down into a substance that is no longer recognized by the immune system as the same protein. Soybeans used in long-term fermentation process are predigested and structurally modified to reduce or eliminate any allergic reaction to soy. If you are concerned about a reaction, always seek the advise of your health care provider.
About Essential Formulas
EFI President and CEO Michael Schoor learned about Dr. Ohhira's probiotic formula while traveling in Malaysia in 1997. While visiting Kuala Lumpur, Michael experienced serious digestive discomfort after eating at a local fast-food restaurant. Finding himself without his usual remedy from home, he consulted a local doctor who recommended a product from Japan known as OM-X.
The probiotic capsules helped immediately and substantially. In fact, the product worked more effectively than anything Michael had used before. He noticed that he felt better faster, and didn't have any negative side effects. Michael was so impressed by the results that he set out to learn all he could about the little brown capsules that had stopped his digestive discomfort in its tracks. His search ultimately led him to Japan where he met the formulator of the mysterious capsules, Dr. Iichiroh Ohhira, one of Japan's leading microbiologists.
Dr. Ohhira educated Michael about the digestive health formula. Supported by over twenty university-based scientific studies, the capsules contained not only probiotics, but also prebiotics (substances that nourish probiotics) and organic acids that promote a healthy digestive tract pH. No wonder Dr. Ohhira's formula was so helpful; it was a lot more than just a probiotic supplement. Michael was determined to share it with American consumers.
Late in 1999, Dr. Ohhira and Michael reached an agreement that established Michael's soon-to-be-formed new company as the sole distributor of Dr. Ohhira's probiotic products and dietary supplements in North America and elsewhere. They decided on "Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics 12 PLUS" (now simply called "Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics") as the American name for the flagship product. Essential Formulas Incorporated (EFI) was established in 2000 to bring Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics to the United States. Thus, the adventure began.
Since then, EFI has expanded its product line. In addition to Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics, customers also enjoy the immune system support of Propolis PLUS; a vegan certified fish oil alternative called Essential Living Oils; and a growing line of probiotic skin care products. EFI will continue to introduce and release additional products from Dr. Ohhira and others in the future.
Founded by Michael, William, and Jo Len Schoor in 2000, EFI is a family-owned and operated business. Michael is president and CEO, William is executive vice president, and Jo Len is responsible for EFI's public outreach programs. Late in 2000, Marty Schoor joined the company to oversee operations at the corporate office. Before its tenth anniversary in 2010, EFI had grown to twelve full-time employees and scores of commissioned reps/brokers working throughout the United States and Canada.
EFI pledges to provide the highest quality natural supplements available and the finest customer care. The Schoor family stands behind this pledge! In addition to quality products and exceptional customer service, EFI strives to lead the industry in providing customer education regarding product content, use, and efficacy.