Healthy & Slim Multiple Vitamin & Mineral Plus Cardio Formula by Aloe Life
Aloe Life Healthy & Slim Multiple Vitamin & Mineral Plus Cardio Formula 40 Tablets
Aloe Life Healthy & Slim Multiple Vitamin & Minueral Plus Cardio Formula for adults, teens and seniors is laboratory certified tested for purity. Healthy & Slim is blended with Aloe Vera and an herbal food base. This Multiple Vitamin & Mineral is iron-free, gluten-free, and vegetarian. Healthy & Slim Multiple Vitamin is an energizing formula with quality antioxidants and free form amino acids.
- Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin with four major functions in the body:
- It helps cells reproduce normally—a process called differentiation (cells that have not properly differentiated are more likely to undergo pre-cancerous changes).
- It is required for vision; vitamin A maintains healthy cells in various structures of the eye and is required for the transduction of light into nerve signals in the retina.
- It is required for normal growth and development of the embryo and fetus, influencing genes that determine the sequential development of organs in embryonic development.
- It may be required for normal reproductive function, with influences on the function and development of sperm, ovaries and placenta.
- Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that has a number of biological functions. These functions include the synthesis of collagen, carnitine, and neurotransmitters; the synthesis and catabolism of tyrosine; and the metabolism of microsome. During biosynthesis ascorbate acts as a reducing agent, donating electrons and preventing oxidation to keep iron and copper atoms in their reduced states. Vitamin C acts as an electron donor for eight different enzymes:
- Three enzymes participate in collagen hydroxylation. These reactions add hydroxyl groups to the amino acids proline or lysine in the collagen molecule via prolyl hydroxylase and lysyl hydroxylase, both requiring vitamin C as a cofactor. Hydroxylation allows the collagen molecule to assume its triple helix structure and making vitamin C essential to the development and maintenance of scar tissue, blood vessels, and cartilage.
- Two enzymes are necessary for synthesis of carnitine. Carnitine is essential for the transport of fatty acids into mitochondria for ATP generation.
- The remaining three enzymes have the following functions in common, but have other functions as well: dopamine beta hydroxylase participates in the biosynthesis of norepinephrine from dopamine. Another enzyme adds amide groups to peptide hormones, greatly increasing their stability, and one modulates tyrosine metabolism.
- The fat-soluble vitamin D’s most important role is maintaining blood levels of calcium, which it accomplishes by increasing absorption of calcium from food and reducing urinary calcium loss. Both effects keep calcium in the body and therefore spare the calcium that is stored in bones. When necessary, vitamin D transfers calcium from the bone into the bloodstream, which does not benefit bones. Although the overall effect of vitamin D on the bones is complicated, some vitamin D is necessary for healthy bones and teeth.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects cell membranes and other fat-soluble parts of the body, such as low-density lipoprotein (LDL; “bad” cholesterol) cholesterol, from damage.
- Vitamin B1 is is a water-soluble vitamin needed to process carbohydrates, fat, and protein. Every cell of the body requires vitamin B1 to form the fuel the body runs on—adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Nerve cells require vitamin B1 in order to function normally.
- Vitamin B2 is a water-soluble vitamin needed to process amino acids andfats, activate vitamin B6 and folic acid, and help convert carbohydrates into the fuel the body runs on—adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Under some conditions, vitamin B2 can act as an antioxidant.
- The body uses the water-soluble vitamin B3 in the process of releasing energy from carbohydrates. It is needed to form fat from carbohydrates and to process alcohol. The niacin form of vitamin B3 also regulates cholesterol, though niacinamide does not.
- Vitamin B6 is the master vitamin for processing amino acids—the building blocks of all proteins and some hormones. Vitamin B6 helps to make and take apart many amino acids and is also needed to make the hormones, serotonin, melatonin, and dopamine.
- Vitamin B12 is is a water-soluble vitamin needed for normal nerve cell activity, DNA replication, and production of the mood-affecting substance SAMe (S-adenosyl-L-methionine). Vitamin B12 acts with folic acid and vitamin B6 to control homocysteine levels.
- Pantothenic acid, also called vitamin B5, is a water-soluble vitamin involved in the Kreb’s cycle of energy production and is needed to make the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. It is also essential in producing, transporting, and releasing energy from fats. Synthesis of cholesterol (needed to manufacture vitamin D and steroid hormones) depends on pantothenic acid. Pantothenic acid also activates the adrenal glands. Pantethine—a byproduct of pantothenic acid—has been reported to lower blood levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Folic acid is a B vitamin needed for cell replication and growth. Folic acid helps form building blocks of DNA, the body’s genetic information, and building blocks of RNA, needed for protein synthesis in all cells. Therefore, rapidly growing tissues, such as those of a fetus, and rapidly regenerating cells, like red blood cells and immune cells, have a high need for folic acid.
- Calcium is the most abundant, essential mineral in the human body. Of the two to three pounds of calcium contained in the average body, 99% is located in the bones and teeth. Calcium is needed to form bones and teeth and is also required for blood clotting, transmission of signals in nerve cells, and muscle contraction.
- Magnesium is an essential mineral to the human body. It is needed for bone, protein, and fatty acid formation, making new cells, activating B vitamins, relaxing muscles, clotting blood, and forming adenosine triphosphate (ATP; the energy the body runs on). The secretion and action of insulin also require magnesium.
- Zinc is an essential mineral that is a component of more than 300 enzymes needed to repair wounds, maintain fertility in adults and growth in children, synthesize protein, help cells reproduce, preserve vision, boost immunity, and protect against free radicals, among other functions.
- Selenium is an essential trace mineral.
- Chromium is an essential trace mineral that helps the body maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Alfalfa, also known as lucerne, is a member of the pea family and is native to western Asia and the eastern Mediterranean region. Traditional Chinese physicians used young alfalfa leaves to treat disorders of the digestive tract. Similarly, the Ayurvedic physicians of India prescribed the leaves and flowering tops for poor digestion. Alfalfa was also considered therapeutic for water retention and arthritis. North American Indians recommended alfalfa to treat jaundice and to encourage blood clotting. The texts of the Eclectic physicians (19th-century physicians in the United States who used herbal therapies) prescribed alfalfa as a tonic for indigestion, dyspepsia, anemia, loss of appetite, and poor assimilation of nutrients. These physicians also recommended the alfalfa plant to stimulate lactation in nursing mothers, and the seeds were made into a poultice for the treatment of boils and insect bites.
- The aloe plant originally came from Africa. The leaves, which are long, green, fleshy, and have spikes along the edges, are used medicinally. The fresh leaf gel and latex are used for many purposes. Aloe latex is the sticky residue left over after the liquid from cut aloe leaves has evaporated. Aloe has been historically used for many of the same conditions for which it is used today—particularly constipation and minor cuts and burns. In India, it has been used by herbalists to treat intestinal infections, suppressed menses, and colic.
- Inositol is part of the vitamin B-complex. It is required for proper formation of cell membranes.
- When medical researchers use the term “lecithin,” they are referring to a purified substance called phosphatidyl choline (PC) that belongs to a special category of fat-soluble substances called phospholipids.
Why are Aloe Life Aloe Vera Juices the best available Aloe Vera on the market?
Using the entire Whole Leaf of the plant, cold processed concentration 3:1, along with fresh juice not powdered reconstituted- with NO WATER ADDED, certified organic Aloe Life gives the consumer the strongest Aloe Vera product for the best price! The flavored concentrates are delicious for children and adults. The quality of the juice taken determines the results achieved. Satisfaction Guaranteed!
How did the Aloe Life company begin?
A clinical nutritionist, Karen Masterson-Koch began researching Aloe Vera in her practice 12 years ago. She began seeing remarkable results with her Cancer, HIV, Chronic Fatigue and all patients upon their use of a quality Whole Leaf Aloe Vera juice. The potency of the products on the market were so low that a patient had to spend too much money to achieve the potency needed to greatly effect ones health. That led Mrs. Masterson to formulate the Aloe Life products, that so many individuals benefit from by daily use today.
Are the flavored Aloe Life juices therapeutic?
Most definitely! The Cherry Cranberry, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice Concentrate, was actually the first product introduced onto the market from Aloe Life. This was because Mrs. Masterson wanted all people to be able to enjoy the value the Aloe Vera plant has to offer and many people would not drink the natural Aloe juice. The potency is only 7% less Aloe and tastes delicious. Flavors do not contain sweeteners! Children and individuals of all ages drink and enjoy Aloe Life!
Most people don't even know that you can drink Aloe! Is there any harm from drinking the Aloe vegetable juice?
No. Being a vegetable it is best to drink a small amount at first or test the topical Skin Gel on a small area of skin to make sure you are not allergic to Aloe. This is rare yet people can be allergic to natural foods such as strawberries and it's wise to check before using any quantity of Aloe Life. Once you have done the allergy test you may build up to the desired amount of 1-8 oz.. The Aloe Life aloe products actually have a collagen strengthening effect that helps to reduce over all allergy response. Other companies sometimes use sulfites to help retain the color of their Aloe juice. Aloe Life does not use any sulfites and people who cannot tolerate other brands of Aloe juice have done brilliantly with Aloe Life.
Why do Physicians tell parents that Aloe Vera is dangerous for children to drink?
Their reference is to laxative Aloe Vera products. Properly processed Aloe Vera juices like Aloe Life are 100% safe and are not formulated to act as laxatives but do provide gentle help moving the bowels. If diarrhea occurs cut back on the amount of juice consumed.
Why do some health books say seniors and pregnant women should not take Aloe Vera?
Their reference is to laxative Aloe Vera products see previous ans. regarding laxative Aloe. Their is no harmful or dangerous element in the Aloe Vera plant that will hurt the fetus or the elderly! In fact Aloe Vera is extremely beneficial to seniors because studies have shown that stomach acids naturally decline with age. Aloe Vera helps to regulate the stomach acids providing great support to digestive function. Elderly also receive skin renewal properties through collagen support and increased wound healing. Individuals may feel vigorous and energized because of the many nutrients and electrolytes in Aloe. Pregnant women may experience less nausea and the aloe will encourage milk production!
What is the potency of the Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Concentrate?
14,000 - 21,000 mgs. per liter of MPS or solids\polysaccharides as it has been referred to. Many of the regular Aloe Vera juice products on the market test in the 1,000 - 2,000 range and even lower than this! It varies according to how much water is actually in the formula. Be aware that water is not always included in the ingredient list. Aloe Life tests the juice yearly at an independent laboratory and receives the proper third party documentation. Most other Aloe companies do not test their product potency at all. Some will type up results on their own letter head or the company they purchase their aloe from, which is not to be trusted.
How can a consumer know the quality of an Aloe Vera juice without elaborate testing?
Aloe Life documents not only the potency yet also the freshness with 3 microbial tests on every batch. This documents the quality of the juice you are drinking so you feel safe to even give it to your child. It meets the strictest of manufacturing; Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) with laboratory tests to prove it. Many juices are processed out of the country and do not run the strict testing that Aloe Life insists on. Lastly a consumer looks for the health results they are hopeful for. Aloe Life is effective where many products just hint at support. Best to use Aloe Life for at least three months to test the effectiveness.
Does the Whole Leaf juice contain more active ingredients than inner gel?
Yes. The entire leaf may contain as many as 200 active elements not available in the inner gel alone that support health according to Dr. Robert Davis, Ph.D., microbiologist and renowned Aloe Vera researcher. The valuable yellow sap is only found in whole leaf Aloe Vera products. Note: Many companies filter out all of the yellow sap even if Whole Leaf is indicated. Aloe Life leaves the highest allowable level of yellow sap in their products providing many benefits to an individual including anti bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor and digestive support.
Why are Aloe Life juices concentrated?
Aloe Life wanted to bring to market the most affordable product with the most benefit. To accomplish this they removed natural occurring water from the leaf. (3 qts of water are removed from 4qts of aloe = 1 qt of 3:1 concentrate) This enables Aloe Life to concentrate without high heat. Aloe Vera is a succulent with 99% of the juice being water and 1% containing the 200 beneficial solids or active ingredients. Therefore by concentrating it costs the consumer less money for more value.
The Aloe Life juices contain vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, polysaccharides and more. Do we need to take our supplements along with the juice?
Yes. Aloe Life juices do contain hundreds of nutrients yet they do not replace the need for supplements. What has been presented in some Research, is that when Aloe Vera juice is taken with other nutrients the absorption increases even up to ten times greater. So it is possible to not only optimize your own digestion of foods yet also any other vitamins or herbs you may take! A recent study conducted at the University of Pennsylvania in 2002 showed 300% better absorption of Vitamins C & E when taken with Aloe Vera Juice.
Even though Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice Concentrate is a very strong Aloe Vera by Aloe Life you add extra trace minerals. Why are Trace Minerals so important?
Trace minerals are necessary for many metabolic actions within our bodies. Scientist have only just begun to understand the value the trace minerals perform in keeping human beings healthy. Zinc, selenium and molybdenum are just a few of these very important trace minerals that support immune function and energy within the cell. Most people do not eat enough vegetables and whole grains to receive enough minerals from their diets to optimize their health. At no extra cost to the consumer, Aloe Life adds trace minerals to give extra health support without toxicity. Minerals supply electrolyte fuel during the hot weather. Aloe Life helps maintain energy through even the most humid of days!
What is a good dosage to consume of Aloe Life juices?
One ounce daily equal to 2 tablespoons is an amount that many people find great as a maintenance amount taken before breakfast is best. Adults can gradually build up to 8 ounces if so desired. The average amount being 2-3 ounces daily. Children Take 1-3 ounces keeping in mind that a larger body size will demand more juice daily, to achieve the desire support. If loose bowels occur, cut back until normal bowel habits return. Many people welcome the encouragement for regularity without diarrhea. If one has a tendency for diarrhea begin with just 1 teaspoon or a capful and increase as the bowels allow. Irritable bowel has an adjustment with taking a quality Aloe and many claim that Aloe was just what was needed to reduce all symptoms. See for yourself!
Does the juice need refrigeration?
Yes. If left out of the refrigerator for short periods it is OK. Yet Aloe Life does not high heat pasteurize the juice so to prolong the freshness refrigerate and avoid drinking directly out of the bottle unless you are using it up quickly. Aloe Gold tablets by Aloe Life are wonderful for traveling and do not require refrigeration.
Are the Aloe Life juices organic?
Yes, all of the products are certified organic and pesticide and herbicide free. Being processed in Texas, not from Costa Rica or Venezuela, we guarantee that no harmful chemicals are sprayed on the Aloe Life Aloe Vera.
What preservatives do the Aloe Life juices contain?
The food grade preservatives Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate used in juices in quantities less than .025 mg per bottle are safe and only retard mold from developing. Just like whole grain bread that molds easily Aloe Life take every step to ensure a safe and fresh product. Individuals who prefer Aloe Vera with no preservatives may choose Aloe Gold tablets. They do not require mold inhibitors or citric acid and are the finest Aloe Vera in a tablet available (3 tablets = 1 oz of juice concentrate).
When is the best time to take Aloe Life juices?
Because Aloe does not add water to their juices the pH remains acidic 4.7 - 5.2. Watered down products do not have this natural bitter property that aids in digestion so remarkably! Best to take the juices a little before a meal. If this is not possible anytime will give good support. For some individuals if taken before bedtime it will keep them awake because of the nutritional factors. For others it has been a wonder aid in a more restful sleep.
How can you best describe the concentration of the Aloe Life juice?
Aloe Life takes 1 gallon of fresh ground Whole Leaf Aloe Vera juice and remove 3 quarts of natural occurring water. This gives Aloe Life 1 quart of Aloe Gold, referred to as a 3:1 concentrate.
Is it safe to give Aloe Gold, Aloe juice to dogs? I saw the Aloe Vera Plant listed under poisonous plants on an animal web site?
Yes, it is 100% safe to give to pets. Just start with 1 oz. and increase giving it in increments throughout the day. If diarrhea, cut back. Dogs need about 1 oz. per 10 lbs of body weight to increase immune function. What is pretty ridiculous is dogs would never just start eating away on a whole Aloe Vera plant because it is toooo bitter. A little goes a long way. The plant is NOT toxic so they do not know what they are talking about as is the case when people are warned against Aloe Vera. If people get diarrhea they also need to just cut the amount consumed down. It is like Vitamin C. C will cause loose stool if you consume too much at one time. It is, however, NOT toxic.
Aloe Life International developed out of a dream to help make the world population healthier! A family owned company, Aloe Life, began fourteen years ago. The inspiration came from two people; a clinical nutritionist researcher, Karen Masterson, and a world renowned yacht builder, entrepreneur, Terry Koch. The complement of Ms. Masterson as a health professional with twenty years of clinical experience working with medical doctors, acupuncturists, chiropractors, hospital dietetics, and her use of supplements, herbs including Aloe Vera coupled with the strong support for business sense from her husband, launched their company. Ms. Masterson gave up her clinic hours four years ago to dedicate time to writing about health and the great value Aloe Vera can give the public. "People need answers to health questions. Most people are very confused about what keeps people healthy including our physicians."
Immunology, allergy and bowel disorders are expertise areas that Ms. Masterson has researched and applied the natural therapies of diet, supplements and herbs with great success. Her mentor was the famous Dr. Virginia Livingston-Wheeler, M.D., immunologist, who is known for her pioneering work in vaccine therapy and health support for cancer patients. "The most fascinating experience working at the clinic, was to see the cancerous areas of a patients body darkened on an x-ray before they began Dr. Livingston's program and then observe the progress of many patients as the cancer resolved without chemotherapy exhaustion. Some patients went into full remission and all of them lived longer and felt more like living. The body can heal itself - if it has an opportunity," says Ms. Masterson.
Ms. Masterson is most well known for her contribution of eight years to the education and health maintenance of people living with HIV. She has lectured to many groups across the country, authored a self help book on how to stay healthier with HIV and even traveled across the Atlantic to meet with the public health of Norway to share her knowledge of the HIV Virus. She enjoyed speaking to 12 step audiences in half way houses and worked on several government grants for health education including programs for the Vietnam Vets Association and spoke to Navy hospital patients concerning HIV. Many of her patients have been considered long term survivors and she attributes this to their collective health practices.
Because of Ms. Masterson's dedication to finding answers to health problems, she has spent the past decade, researching Aloe Vera specifically and applying her knowledge with hundreds of patients. She knows the plants limitations and also what this herbal plant can do when taken internally and applied topically.
Through diligent work and keeping their vision - the dream is unfolding for Aloe Life. Aloe Life health products are based on the ancient herb Aloe Vera, other natural herbs, nutrients and emollients. Extensive research, special processing, laboratory testing and a modern Texas facility bring to the market products filled with essential life nutrients which increase energy and optimize health.
Aloe Life's Mission is to teach others how to live a healthier life with quality aloe vera health products and knowledge. By providing safe choices through knowledge for individuals and tools by which to meet their health goals, Aloe Life is becoming a leader in responsible nutrition. We are a green company. All of Aloe Life's packaging is Recycleable. Please be a responsible consumer and recycle all of the Aloe Life packages after use!
- Goal #1: Success: Aloe Life's purpose is to help you succeed; in reaching your own health goals and also to teach the next generation how to care for themselves. They believe all people need to take responsibility for their own health, and with the appropriate knowledge about the way the human body functions and what is needed to optimize this process, each of us will have an opportunity to enjoy health.
- Goal #2: Education: Aloe Life believes, as do their U.S. government findings, that the major diseases of our time; Cardiovascular Disease, Cancer and Diabetes, have an important nutritional factor that influences the disease. Aloe Life intends to make this common knowledge and teach others smart lifestyle alternatives, to reduce the incidence of disease in their lives.
- Goal #3: Positive Action: Aloe Life knows that through empowering you to take positive action in your daily life, gives you the opportunity to bring health and happiness into your future.
- Goal #4: Safe Health Products: To accomplish these purposes, Aloe Life will continue to provide accurate information and safe health products designed for all individuals who choose to optimize their health!