Earth Science - Facial Moisturizer Almond-Aloe Fragrance Free - 5 oz. (150 ml)
Earth Science Facial Moisturizer Almond-Aloe Fragrance Free moisturizes and nourishes your skin, every day. This ultra-light, ultra-rich lotion combines the benefits of Beta-Liposomes (nature's most effective skin softeners, soothers and moisturizers) with herbal emollients and anti-oxidants to help reduce the appearance of premature aging and wrinkling.
Earth Science Frequently Asked Questions
Do you use methyl or propyl paraben to preserve your products?
Absolutely not. Earth Science products have been on the market for over twenty-five years and have never contained parabens.
Do you test on animals or use animal ingredients?
Earth Science products are not tested on animals. Most products contain no animal ingredients and are suitable for vegans. These product labels are clearly marked with, “No Animal Ingredients.” However, some Earth Science products do contain animal-produced ingredients such as beeswax, lanolin and silk protein. See below for a list of products containing these ingredients.
Which products are considered vegan?
Earth Science products are suitable for vegans, with the exception of the following:
- Azulene Eye Treatment contains beeswax
- Placentagen Eye & Throat Crème contains human placental proteins (see below)
- Men’s Face & Body Skin Care Balm contains lanolin oil
- Hair Treatment Shampoo contains hydrolyzed silk protein
- Hair Treatment Conditioner contains hydrolyzed silk protein
- Deep Conditioning Hair Masque contains hydrolyzed silk protein
I have allergies, environmental sensitivities, skin irritation problems, etc. Are your products safe for me?
Earth Science prides itself on making gentle products that are suitable for a wide range of skin types and sensitivities. Many loyal customers consider themselves chemically sensitive. However, no product is guaranteed to be perfect for everyone. Allergies are particular to individuals. If you have environmental sensitivities, allergies, or skin conditions, please share the list of ingredients with your dermatologist to determine individual suitability. Additionally, Earth Science recommends patch testing the product on the inside of your wrist prior to use to confirm compatibility with your skin.
Do you use a masking fragrance in your fragrance-free products?
Earth Science does not use masking fragrances. Their products labeled fragrance-free are just that. They are specifically formulated for their customers with heightened sensitivity to fragrances.
What role does pH play in skin care? What is the normal pH of healthy skin?
pH is a measure of the acidity and alkalinity of a solution. A lower pH indicates a more acidic solution (which carries more potential for redness and irritation). A higher pH means a more alkaline solution (which some can find drying). The pH of normal, healthy skin can be anywhere from 4.0 to 6.0. Each Earth Science product is precisely pH balanced for specific suitability.
Some of your ingredients are unfamiliar. What are they and where do they come from?
- Azulene—The concentrated extract of blue chamomile flowers and contains the distilled rich oil of Chamomile. It takes thousands of flowers to yield a small amount of the Chamazulene. This ingredient gives several of their products their vibrant blue hue. Azulene is an extraordinary anti-irritant.
- Hyaluronic Acid—The perfect moisturizer, hyaluronic acid can bind 500-1,000 times its own weight in water, immediately plumping and hydrating the skin without greasiness. Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the skin and body and decreases as they age. So safe and gentle, it is used during eye surgery to help keep the eye moist. Earth Science obtain their hyaluronic acid from cultured beets.
- Lichen—This extract is obtained from the tiny lichen plant. It is a completely natural, effective anti-bacterial alternative to harsh chemicals and synthetics.
- Micellized Beta-Carotene—Oil-soluble Beta-Carotene is reduced to such a small particle size that little or no distinction can be made between it and water in the formula. This ingredient is readily absorbed by the skin, and helps combat the signs of aging.
Earth Science Mission Statement
Earth Science has been making natural body care products for over 30 years, and has always been guided by one principle, to try their hardest to make something special. Earth Science is a business, but it is much more than that to them. This is their creation, their craft, their profession, and they care deeply about what they do. With every product they formulate, they set out to make something that will deliver great results at a great value. Earth Science never compromises on quality.
Times change, tastes change and Earth Science changes with them. However, one thing never changes: Earth Science is always motivated to make the best products, using the finest, most effective, natural ingredients.
Earth Science care about you, their customers, and about the planet we all share. While so many other companies are owned by large corporate parents, they remain a family business, and they put their human hearts into the products they make. Earth Science is motivated to make a positive contribution to your life, and to the planet.