Firelighters Wood Starting Cubes by If You Care
If You Care Firelighters Wood Starting Cubes - 72 Pieces (lights 18 – 24 fires)
If You Care Firelighters uses only wood from FSC Certified forests and 100% non-GMO vegetable oil, their Firelighters are made from 100% renewable resources. Most other firelighters contain kerosene and/or paraffin or paraffin wax, derived from petroleum, the combustion of which can release carcinogenic formaldehyde. If You Care 100% Biomass Firelighters are considered carbon neutral, are non-toxic and harmless when in contact with plants, vegetation or aquatic organisms, and can be safely stored near or with food. They are ideal for use in wood burning fireplaces, charcoal grills, wood burning stoves and ovens, as well as outdoor campfires and fire pits.
Plus, If You Care 100% Biomass Firelighters:
- Burn for 8-10 minutes each, with the first 5 minutes producing the strongest flame
- Are extremely stable with very long shelf life
- Do not dry out or lose their firepower even after opening
- Have no unpleasant smells
- Are not oily or greasy
- Are non-toxic
- Wood from FSC Certified forests
- 100% non-GMO vegetable oil
- 100% renewable resources
- 100% Carbon Neutral emissions
- No petroleum products – no kerosene; no paraffin wax
- Less soot than firelighters made with paraffin wax
- Non-toxic – no formaldehyde, no added chemicals
- Minimum waste
- Vegetable-based inks for printing
- Non-toxic glues
- Unbleached cardboard packaging
- Paper bag biodegradable but should be recycled
- For use with grills, stoves, fireplaces and campfires
- Not harmful if in contact with vegetation, plants or aquatic organisms
- Not harmful if stored near food
Why We Use Unbleached Totally Chlorine-Free (TCF) Paper
Wood pulp, in its natural state is brown or beige. Papers made from such pulp – for example brown paper bags, and most cardboard boxes – are also brown. For years, most paper was subjected to a bleaching process to make it white, using elemental chlorine (Cl), usually in the form of chlorine gas, with horrible environmental consequences.
Today, this process is no longer used in most of Europe. Much of the North American pulp and paper industry no longer uses elemental chlorine (Cl), but there remain a number of paper mills in North America which continue to do so, despite the documented environmental damage that this process engenders. Today, the most common form of bleaching paper is no longer with the use of elemental chlorine (Cl), but instead with the use of chlorine derivatives, principally chlorine dioxide (ClO2). Paper bleached with chlorine dioxide is often referred to as “elementally chlorine-free” (ECF). Though bleaching with chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is far preferable to bleaching with elemental chlorine, it is still environmentally harmful, because chlorine derivatives still produce toxic chlorinated organic compounds, such as chloroform, a known carcinogen.
Totally chlorine-free (TCF) paper is paper which is either unbleached, or bleached using no chlorine or chlorine derivatives. Bleached papers which are totally chlorine-free (TCF) have been bleached with oxygen, ozone and/or hydrogen peroxide. These bleaching methods have none of the environmental impacts of chlorine chemistry.
If You Care paper is unbleached and always totally chlorine-free (TCF).
If You Care Firelighters are quick and easy to use when lighting wood fires or charcoal grills. Just follow these simple steps.
- Open Bag
- Place 3-4 If You Care Firelighters UNDER wood or on TOP of charcoal.
- Light each Firelighter on the fractured side of the cube. Cube burns for 8-10 minutes with the first 5 minutes producing the strongest flame.
About If You Care
AS THE MAKERS OF HIGH QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY KITCHEN AND HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS, IF YOU CARE WOULD LIKE TO WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY EARTH DAY, AND TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL THE STEPS YOU TAKE TO MAKE OUR WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
140 Sylvan Ave.